• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Under Review Who did crash Siege Forum

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
SiegeForum.jpg
Seem like it is UO Classic that do have a problem and only on first page of UO Siege Forum

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Same for me but at least you only have 16 articles to read... :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Good to know, it's not only me.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Still not working for me, not at my home PC and not at my work PC, no matter of browser

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks,´now it works again *Cross fingers*

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Still broken for me as well...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I had tryed everyrging, if I choose page 2+, everything is normal, but page 1 still looks like below
SiegeForum.jpg

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Other themes works fine but is very annoying to use. I love UO Classics :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Right now, it works again, without I did anything but refresh the page. I hope it keep working. I hate errors, that comes and go as they can be very hard to find and fix. I hope Nexus or Oscar found the problem and it is not just teasing me and will go down again.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Right now, it works again, without I did anything but refresh the page. I hope it keep working. I hate errors, that comes and go as they can be very hard to find and fix. I hope Nexus or Oscar found the problem and it is not just teasing me and will go down again.
Sounds like a cache issue. The old cache had to clear. Let us know if it comes back.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Siege forum messed up again. It's wierd, it only seem to happen to Siege forum and only to 1th page.
It was ok this early morning on my home PC, them when I logged in at work, it look like the pics I posted earlier.
I then tryed to login on my IPhone with Safari browser, same problem. It seem like it don't depend on browser or PC/phone.

I have to believe it is a bug in my profile as it work on both my Pc's and my phone or it crash on them all. It's only in UO Classic I have the problem.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Really wierd, now it work again on both my work PC and my phone

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Siege forum messed up again. It's wierd, it only seem to happen to Siege forum and only to 1th page.
It was ok this early morning on my home PC, them when I logged in at work, it look like the pics I posted earlier.
I then tryed to login on my IPhone with Safari browser, same problem. It seem like it don't depend on browser or PC/phone.

I have to believe it is a bug in my profile as it work on both my Pc's and my phone or it crash on them all. It's only in UO Classic I have the problem.
I've been doing some thinking about this....

Looking at the times you are posting it appears that your browsing largely during the period our daily database backups are happening, that is probably part of the problem. When the backup is running it slows a lot of things down on the site at different points in the process and this can cause pages to load strangely because literally some portions time out. All of your "It's Broken" posts are from during this period of time, while your posted updates that it is working are from time periods when we're not running backups. Page 2 is loading OK, because you aren't really reloading the entire page just the portion where you're seeing the messed up thread list, but the messed up load on page one is tied to your session on the site, this session data is resets at set periods each day.

I've had the newer styles load strangely when we were doing backups before, but because they are not nearly as integrated with the forum software, UO Classic inheriting much of it's layout from the Xenforo Default, I think that they aren't cached the same way in your session log, meaning a refresh can clear the issue up.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
That do make sense but still weird, that it is on all my devices, no matter what operating system, browser or hardware.
When it crash, there is nothing I can do to reset/reload, that will fix it. I had tried delete browser data, refresh page, logout and in, even restart PC.
I had not been using Stratics on my phone for month but still it had trouble too.
I can live with it only being at times where you backup, however first time it did happen, it was bad for hours, think 2 days, then it was up but did crash again next day.

After this 3 days, it was working fine for almost 2 weeks and was only crashing for short time, so if it stay that way, it's all fine. I just wanted to update the thread to tell, that the problem is not all gone.
Keep up the good work with the forum and don't use time on this as I can changes to modern UO Classics until my beloved UO Classic act nice again. :)