• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how do you make cured thread

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
very specifically - don't just say you combine stuff - HOW do you combine stuff

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Refinements? I'm not sure what a cured thread is. If you mean refinements,

Armor refinement - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

A refinement amalgamator can be obtained from clean up rewards at a cost of 10,000 points.
Use this to combine refinements.

Make sure you add up ONLY the exact same refinements because there's no way to take them out
once they're added. If you add the wrong refinement, you must finish what you started before trying again.

2 defense combine into a protection
3 protection combine into a hardening
4 hardening combine into a fortification
5 fortification combine into an invulnerability.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
very specifically - don't just say you combine stuff - HOW do you combine stuff
You will need the cure (refinement part) and 20 leather braid in your backapck.
Leather braid is available from weavers.
Then go the the tailoring armour refinement dude. There is one in Trinsic tailors in Trammel and one in Ocllo tailors in Felucca.
Stand next to tailoring armour refinement dude.
Double click your cure (refinement part)
You will now have cured thread.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You will need the cure (refinement part) and 20 leather braid in your backapck.
Leather braid is available from weavers.
Then go the the tailoring armour refinement dude. There is one in Trinsic tailors in Trammel and one in Ocllo tailors in Felucca.
Stand next to tailoring armour refinement dude.
Double click your cure (refinement part)
You will now have cured thread.
hehe - I actually accidentally figured it out about 20 seconds after I posted this thread - it turns out you can be anywhere - just double click the refinement with the leather braid in your backpack - I was in my house at the time

to use the finished product (cured thread) on a piece of armor, you have to be standing next to the guy in trinsic but you can do that later

it's amazing that neither stratics nor uoguide had the crucial information about the actual mechanics involved

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
hehe - I actually accidentally figured it out about 20 seconds after I posted this thread - it turns out you can be anywhere - just double click the refinement with the leather braid in your backpack - I was in my house at the time

to use the finished product (cured thread) on a piece of armor, you have to be standing next to the guy in trinsic but you can do that later

it's amazing that neither stratics nor uoguide had the crucial information about the actual mechanics involved
Doesn't amaze or surprise me.... No one cared for the whole refinement stuff anyway... most of us just throw that crap away.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you want to cure a thread.....Stratics thinks you need to lock it and moderate it's butt off! :)