• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For Heavens Sake Give us RECIPE BOOKS !! Please vote

Would You like Recipe Book as a gift

• No

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 35 76.1%

• Total voters

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the new expansion has given us yet more recipes ...
I would love a Recipe Book ( that could be sorted like the bod books)..
What are you though on getting this as a gift from UO?

Please vote below & thank you, Maybe a Dev will see :p

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards

I voted yes, because I can see the need. I don't personally want one, nor need one (I've possibly a couple recipes from various loot), but it'd help things I reckon.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This will definitely make the crafter's life easier!

Considering I will buy recipes sometimes 5 or 6 times over because I cannot remember if I already have it for my crafter!
Oi! It never ends!

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey, don't stop there... we need primer books now too..... ugh, just add books for things when there's something new introduced!

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I keep a spreadsheet so that doesn't happen... I'm going to say no. I just don't get the need. Maybe if explained more.. When I get a recipe I either learn it or I put it on a vendor because I already have it. This doesn't have the new ones on it.

upload_2015-10-21_1-35-31.png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had a similar spreadsheet only it included all my crafters so I could see who still needed what.... and had all their skills listed.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I keep a spreadsheet so that doesn't happen... I'm going to say no. I just don't get the need. Maybe if explained more.. When I get a recipe I either learn it or I put it on a vendor because I already have it. This doesn't have the new ones on it.

View attachment 38295
I had a similar spreadsheet only it included all my crafters so I could see who still needed what.... and had all their skills listed.
Spreadsheets, AAAAAHHHHH!!!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I voted no...when I get a recipe I use it..if I have already learned it I ask my guild if they need it, if not it goes in the garbage.

If I was on a more populated shard I would put it in a box at a visitors/new player center for those who need it.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

View attachment 38295
I'd rather put them in a book in game rather than work a spreadsheet .. and you could put the Recipe Book on a vendor just like the Bod Books if they do it that way

When I play the game I'd rather play a game- when I work- I use spreadsheets.. that's just me- to each their own

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd rather put them in a book in game rather than work a spreadsheet .. and you could put the Recipe Book on a vendor just like the Bod Books if they do it that way

When I play the game I'd rather play a game- when I work- I use spreadsheets.. that's just me- to each their own
Well... I think it's a bit of CDO and the overwhelming need to be organized. Depends on the personality type.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I don't think personality type has anything to do with wanting to keep notes/spreadsheets outside of the game. The Ultima franchise and many old school RPGs require it. Part of the charm for me. If you're playing an RPG and you don't need a notebook it's for children in my opinion.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have to agree that a "recipe book" isn't really needed. However, an easy way to see which recipes a character doesn't know would be helpful.

If we want to request recipe books, lets suggest a holdable book for chefs that gives them bonuses, random free "rare" ingreedients when double clicked, or holds an obscene number of crafting charges like the sewing machines and smithing presses.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have to agree that a "recipe book" isn't really needed. However, an easy way to see which recipes a character doesn't know would be helpful.

If we want to request recipe books, lets suggest a holdable book for chefs that gives them bonuses, random free "rare" ingreedients when double clicked, or holds an obscene number of crafting charges like the sewing machines and smithing presses.

ok, this is a better idea. :)

and.. yeah... the spreadsheets are just about a requirement for keeping track of some things, particularly if you buy & sell items in game.
someday I will have a platinum piece! >.<

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

View attachment 38295
Argh! Another spreadsheet! :eek:

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to vote :p

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I want a book for holding repair deeds, too.