• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who knew?

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My account is almost 72 months old, 70 right now. In all the time I've played it's only really been for a couple months, got frustrated and left, then came back. Within the last couple of weeks I've been taking more risks, things other than just killing demons and light crafting. I seens champ spawns, did Lady Mel and am understanding more how gear works in the game. I also went to a EM event, no online that I've played has done that. I understand UO is old, I get that. I don't understand why it can't be more popular. I post it on my Facebook page now most of the time I play it. Hoping that someone might be like um. I'd really like to see UO ads on TV or at the very least social sites.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My account is almost 72 months old, 70 right now. In all the time I've played it's only really been for a couple months, got frustrated and left, then came back. Within the last couple of weeks I've been taking more risks, things other than just killing demons and light crafting. I seens champ spawns, did Lady Mel and am understanding more how gear works in the game. I also went to a EM event, no online that I've played has done that. I understand UO is old, I get that. I don't understand why it can't be more popular. I post it on my Facebook page now most of the time I play it. Hoping that someone might be like um. I'd really like to see UO ads on TV or at the very least social sites.
Wouldn't we all. But many folk just either can't seem to get past the outdated Graphics... or they just feel overwhelmed by all the many aspects of UO... or they want the fast track to the end game. Sadly many think that reaching where you are is "impossible" and "unobtainable" and they give up...

You know I started on Siege with nothing... made me a tamer and slowly worked my skills. Didn't need a house or anything just used the bank.... never worried about getting PK'd or anything because I never carried anything worth killing me over. Made a few precious gold coins killing mongbats... Managed to squirrel away enough gold that when the change came to let me have a house there I was able to place one. I didn't need "end" game stuff.... still don't. Still enjoy playing there from time to time... and I'm proud of every milestone I accomplish there. From building up a functional crafter to GMing my tamer.

If folk stopped trying to be Top Dog in 20 min or less I think they would have more fun in UO.

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe because it's Atlantic, but finding a good guild would be a start. I searched some websites to find one. For fast tracking every online game offers something, like in WoW you can buy a level 90 in UO you can buy a token. The graphics would be a hurdle I think, though for me it's more reason to play, I love the look and feel. The EC I feel for me could use some work. I feel by not wanting to be top dog, it allows me to enjoy the game more, I feel.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
EC could use some love but man the graphics are amazing. I tried it with the 30 FPS cap and it sucks. But if you change it to 60 FPS (which IMO should be the default) it's amazing. Everything is a lot better graphically. Definitely moved up to the early 2000s graphically.

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC could use some love but man the graphics are amazing. I tried it with the 30 FPS cap and it sucks. But if you change it to 60 FPS (which IMO should be the default) it's amazing. Everything is a lot better graphically. Definitely moved up to the early 2000s graphically.
I do not like the player image/paper doll? Thankfully that can be changed. I really don't remember what the old 3d client looked like. Though from what I remember when you walked it showed the player walking, I thought that was kinda cool.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I do not like the player image/paper doll? Thankfully that can be changed. I really don't remember what the old 3d client looked like. Though from what I remember when you walked it showed the player walking, I thought that was kinda cool.
I remember it and I loved the way you could turn your character around in it 360 degrees..... was awesome. I also remember that you could have your character wave, dance, and things. I played in the Third Dawn Client quite a bit.