• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Imbuing Resists

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok just wanted to double check before i start some suits here.

when you imbue a piece of armor you can pump a resist to +15 it's base resist.

So with leather, imbued to max resist, the piece could have a final resist of 17 phys, 18 energy, or 19 fire after imbuing? This is before enhancements.

So even if a leather piece had 5 energy(3 base, and 2 from exceptional bonus) the max i could imbue it to would be 18. Thus wasting some resist points from the piece being exceptional. In this case instead of the usual 20 points you are essentially getting 18.

Is this the correct line of thought?

Also is there any other good imbuing calculators besides knuckleheads? It just seems a little hard to use. Like not being to imbue luck on a shield. It also has a hard time dealing with reforged pieces, specifically luck. Requiring the custom option that can be interesting since i don't know the caps for many of the properties.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yes, you'd be "wasting" the 2 from the exceptional bonus, by imbuing over top of it.

This is why most people will make a bunch of items until they get one where one of the resists is 0 above the base just to prevent this. In my previous suit of armor, for instance, it took me ~10k leather before I got a gorgot that had 1) the right resists, and 2) the right reforge.

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah the reforge part is what is worrying me. Though once i get enough of the arties I want then it won't be as big of a deal. Right now I can let 10 resists fall to the overlap for the 4 pieces of my planned luck suit.

That's not a lot of wiggle room...

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
For a luck suit, I personally am not so concerned about being all 75s (or 70s if leather/woodland/cloth), given that I only swap into it when I am just a few swings away from the killing blow. With the EC you can do full suit swaps in 1 click that takes only .25s.