• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please Explain The Shadowguard Encounter (Spolier)

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havnt had time to play on the test center so could someone explain how the shadowguard encounter works? This may be a spoiler to some but I would like to understand it a little rather than go in blind.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Since its test center the best way to go into it is blind.

Don't be lazy, just go try it.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Going in blind is the best way to learn.

Look around the rooms, figure out the puzzles.....

I'm sure someone will have a guide to all of the rooms in due time ;)

Use the names as a clue...

The Bar....look around...what do you see? Think of things already in the game and how they are used in certain instances.

The Orchard...what do you see? What can you do with them? What do you usually do in an apple orchard?

Etc, etc.....use objects, look around...these kinds of things are my favorites, I love puzzles :)

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Wow you guys are super helpful aren't you?

"I'm not telling you anything, don't be lazy, go play it yourself!"

Guess what? So far no one has explained what this crap even is or why I'm supposed to care in the first place. I don't know what it is, I don't know what comes from it, I don't know what you fight. Most games that aren't semi-abandonware go out of their way to tell you what's new and why you should care. Here you get a couple of smug forumgoers telling you to go look for yourself or STFU.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
None of us got an explanation of what to do...

• Shadowguard
    • The mysterious fortress of the vile Enchantress Minax is perched high above the Valley of Eodon.
    • A temporary gate to Shadowguard is available when you enter the Valley of Eodon.
    • Using the crystal ball located near the double red doors will bring up a selection gump that will allow you explore different areas of Shadowguard.
      • The Bar
      • The Orchard
      • The Armory
      • The Fountain
      • The Belfry
      • The Roof
    • You must complete the Bar, Orchard, Armory, Fountain, and Belfry before attempting the Roof.
    • Entries in the gump that are green have been completed, while those that are red have not.
    • You may replay previously completed encounters as often as you like .
    • Party up and enter an encounter with other players for a greater chance of success.
    • Only the party leader may initiate an encounter when players are partied.
    • If your entire party dies or logs out you will fail the encounter.
  • All mobs and loot are subject to change as we move through testing.
The latest patch notes gave us this:

Anon the Mage will now spawn in the Shadowguard Roof encounter, resulting in the encounter progressing as expected.

• There is now a chance that a player who attempts to throw a bottle in the Bar encounter of Shadowguard will be persuaded to drink it instead, causing them to get drunk.
  • Throwing a bottle in the Bar encounter of Shadowguard while inebriated may result in hitting oneself with the bottle.
  • The number of drakes that spawn in the Belfry encounter of Shadowguard when the feeding bell is rung has been reduced.
  • The lifespan on the “magic drake wing” has been increased to 90 seconds.
  • Clue barks and names have been added to useable elements in the Fountain encounter of Shadowguard.
  • Players may use an axe to chop canals in the Fountain encounter of Shadowguard.
  • When a canal from the Fountain encounter of Shadowguard is dropped outside of a Shadowguard tower it will be destroyed.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There have been several conversations about these encounters....you think the first person/people who went in there had a clue? Did they get hints?

The encounters were meant to be figured out...what's the fun in getting all the answers?

Here's a few more clues for those of you who don't like to actually play the game and would rather have everything handed to you... :/

Bar - Use the bottles on the tables
Belfry - Ring the bells...kill the drakes...loot them
Fountain - Kill the elementals...things drop from them....think of it sorta like tetris and one of those connect the pipe games
Orchard - Pick the apples...look at the apples...throw the apples....
Armory - Kill the armor....sometimes things drop on the floor...purify them...then use them

I haven't done the roof yet

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Guess what? So far no one has explained what this crap even is or why I'm supposed to care in the first place. I don't know what it is, I don't know what comes from it, I don't know what you fight. Most games that aren't semi-abandonware go out of their way to tell you what's new and why you should care. Here you get a couple of smug forumgoers telling you to go look for yourself or STFU.
I wasn't concerned if you cared or not.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
There have been several conversations about these encounters....you think the first person/people who went in there had a clue? Did they get hints?

The encounters were meant to be figured out...what's the fun in getting all the answers?

Here's a few more clues for those of you who don't like to actually play the game and would rather have everything handed to you... :/

Bar - Use the bottles on the tables
Belfry - Ring the bells...kill the drakes...loot them
Fountain - Kill the elementals...things drop from them....think of it sorta like tetris and one of those connect the pipe games
Orchard - Pick the apples...look at the apples...throw the apples....
Armory - Kill the armor....sometimes things drop on the floor...purify them...then use them

I haven't done the roof yet
Well in fairiness... he asked for it. You could have just not posted at all if you didn't agree with him asking. You didn't have to go out of your way to say no or judge him for asking.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well in fairiness... he asked for it. You could have just not posted at all if you didn't agree with him asking. You didn't have to go out of your way to say no or judge him for asking.
Welcome to the forums. Here you will find many with different views. If he doesn't want to subject himself to other's views, he can feel free not to post at all.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

:D

Hraxal

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Some of us can't play TC due to 600ms ping at the best time, assuming there's no other players/mobs/special effects occurring.

I for one would love a few hints of what it's all about, considering TC isn't much more than a ****ty stop-motion cartoon to me.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Well for the Bar one you are in a room with what are essentially executioners, 3 of them, you pick up the bottles from the tables, double click them and throw them at them to do decent damage, about 4 bottles kills each one and the bottles expire and respawn constantly. There's multiple waves of executioners and eventually you get one that's speed hacking, but carry on doing the same thing and eventually he dies you win and go back out the front.

Orchard there's a book in the North West corner that gives you a hint. Double click the tree canopy puts an apple in your pack, with a name such as Hythloth, if you double click it and throw it at a tree a Treefelow spawns (they can Dismount you) and they die in one Flamestrike. You can't get another apple until you've thrown the first one but you can spawn multiple Treefelows without killing the first one. I'm going to take a guess that you're supposed to find the each apple's opposite or something, I didn't figure this out when I was in there and was just throwing apples all over the place, at some point (don't know what I did) two trees got destroyed in each corner, but as I was paying no attention to the puzzle ran out of time and got kicked back to the front. I can see this becoming a griefers paradise.

The Armory I have no idea, and quickly got swamped with spawn, I killed whatever it was (an Anicent Lich I think) and it dropped something on the floor, tried using it on various things, eventually found that using it on a brazier 'purified' whatever it was, then tried using the purified version on everything but nothing seemed to happen and it expired quicker than I could find the correct thing. Eventually the room got overrun and I had to die/exit

Oddly for either the Orchard or Armory despite failing it still lit the room as complete when I came back out.

I don't remember which room it was but one had a Dragon and some bells which when rung spawned some supposedly different Drake's, I got called away before finding anything else out in that room.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
None of us got an explanation of what to do...
Who cares? I don't know if you've ever noticed, but Stratics is a website almost entirely dedicated to hosting information about Ultima Online for people to look up. If you don't want to answer a question then don't, but where do you and Oreo get off copping this superior attitude like trying to get advance information about MMO content on the internet is some sort of weird moral failing?

What do you think this website was CREATED for? Why do you think there's a Hunter's Guide and not just a page that says "fight it yourself and find out you lazy dog" for each monster? What a joke.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Superior attitude, that it the best comment in this thread. Thank you! Someone people think, this forum is a platform for vanity and egoism - and not for help and support. I think our mods should take a bit more care about keeping people "on topic"...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay okay....geesh I just thought it would be fun to have people figure out the puzzles by themselves..my bad!

Belfry - There are 2 bells on each side of the platform the dragon sits on.

Ring the bells to summon the drakes, then kill and loot them until you find one of these:

upload_2015-9-21_14-21-10.png

double-clicking the Drake Wing will teleport you up to the dragon. The dragon will push you off the platform so be careful, you might have to kill many drakes and get many wings to complete this encounter.

Kill the dragon to complete.

The Orchard -
All of the trees have named apples. When you pick one, look at it to see what name it has.

upload_2015-9-21_14-31-0.png

You must use the apples on the correct trees.

Honesty - Deciet
Compassion - Despise
Valor - Destard
Justice - Wrong
Sacrifice - Covetous
Honor - Shame
Spirituality - Hythloth
Humility - Pride

If you throw an apple at the wrong tree, it summons an ambush
upload_2015-9-21_14-25-2.png
If you throw it at the correct corresponding tree, both trees will poof.

upload_2015-9-21_14-31-17.png

Eliminate all the trees to complete the encounter.

The Armory -

Kill the armor that spawns in the rooms.

Every once in awhile you'll notice something on the ground after you kill one:
upload_2015-9-21_14-27-15.png

Double-click the phylactery and use it on one of the *Braziers* (purifying flame) in the center of the room to purify it.
Once you've done that, throw it at one of the suits of armor in the 4 rooms.

upload_2015-9-21_14-28-12.png

Destroy all the armor to complete the encounter.

The Bar -

Use the bottles of liquor on the tables
upload_2015-9-21_14-29-0.png

Throw them at the patrons, they do 300 damage. Do this until Shanty spawns. There are roughly 3-4 waves.

Every so often, instead of throwing a bottle, you will drink it, becoming intoxicated. When intoxicated, you have a chance to hit yourself with the bottle instead.

Kill Shanty to complete the encounter.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The fountain - Sorry no pictures for this one...

Kill the water elementals, use the pieces to create a channel going from the spouts (Little holes in the sides of the fountain) to the spigots.

The pieces are timed so it's good to do this with more then one person.

Connect all the spouts and spigots to complete.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool! Thanks!

See, some people have little kids, like me, and not much time. Your help is very much appreciated!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey now thats better....this is what forums are made for..''.sharing and caring''....Thanks @Larisa

im guessing this will be a little tough on ya own...but maybe ok with 2 even better with 3

ive only tried the bar...and gave up after wave 2.. was very tedious as u spend more time throwing bottles at yourself drunk than at the pirates

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hey now thats better....this is what forums are made for..''.sharing and caring''....Thanks @Larisa

im guessing this will be a little tough on ya own...but maybe ok with 2 even better with 3

ive only tried the bar...and gave up after wave 2.. was very tedious as u spend more time throwing bottles at yourself drunk than at the pirates
Well sometimes I can be helpful ;)

I think the Bar and the Orchard are able to be done with just one person, but with only a 30 minute timer you're gonna need help completing the others.

I like the fact that they aren't solo-able, too many things in this game are.

The Bar is trickier now, before the patch it was rather boring...now with the chance of getting drunk and hitting yourself, on top of other drunk-related consequences it was entertaining and more fun for me anyway.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Who cares? I don't know if you've ever noticed, but Stratics is a website almost entirely dedicated to hosting information about Ultima Online for people to look up. If you don't want to answer a question then don't, but where do you and Oreo get off copping this superior attitude like trying to get advance information about MMO content on the internet is some sort of weird moral failing?

What do you think this website was CREATED for? Why do you think there's a Hunter's Guide and not just a page that says "fight it yourself and find out you lazy dog" for each monster? What a joke.
I can give whatever opinion I feel like giving at any given instance.

I don't particularly care if you agree with it.

It amazes me people want to take the shortcut to everything.

I'm not sure why the devs even bother adding new content because all people do is pancake about it, spend no time contributing anything, and then expect to know the easiest way to get the next shiny pixel crack.

They might as well just drop random items in everyone's pack once a year and call it good.

Then to top it off be appalled that someone else thinks they should actually try playing the game.

I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I can give whatever opinion I feel like giving at any given instance.

I don't particularly care if you agree with it.

It amazes me people want to take the shortcut to everything.
It amazes you? Really there buddy? Because you're posting this on a website created 15+ years ago explicitly for the purpose of cataloging and disseminating spoiler information about Ultima Online. It kinda seems like maybe by this point the idea of someone asking for an Ultima Online spoiler shouldn't really be causing your monocle to pop out and your cumberbund to fly up into your face anymore.

I'm not sure why the devs even bother adding new content because all people do is pancake about it, spend no time contributing anything, and then expect to know the easiest way to get the next shiny pixel crack.

They might as well just drop random items in everyone's pack once a year and call it good.

Then to top it off be appalled that someone else thinks they should actually try playing the game.

I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head.
Gosh, the way you play video games makes you such a better person than the rest of us. We're all just lowly wretches too blinded by our laziness and shallow lust for pixel crack to ever experience the sublime and refined appreciation of the game that you enjoy thanks to your superior ethics and moral character. It must be so hard for you, sitting over there not knowing whether to laugh or shake your head at our ignorant antics.

What a joke. You're sitting on an MMO spoiler site trying to climb up on some sort of moral high horse over people wanting MMO spoilers. That's like the definition of being a crank.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It amazes you? Really there buddy? Because you're posting this on a website created 15+ years ago explicitly for the purpose of cataloging and disseminating spoiler information about Ultima Online. It kinda seems like maybe by this point the idea of someone asking for an Ultima Online spoiler shouldn't really be causing your monocle to pop out and your cumberbund to fly up into your face anymore.

Gosh, the way you play video games makes you such a better person than the rest of us. We're all just lowly wretches too blinded by our laziness and shallow lust for pixel crack to ever experience the sublime and refined appreciation of the game that you enjoy thanks to your superior ethics and moral character. It must be so hard for you, sitting over there not knowing whether to laugh or shake your head at our ignorant antics.

What a joke. You're sitting on an MMO spoiler site trying to climb up on some sort of moral high horse over people wanting MMO spoilers. That's like the definition of being a crank.
Says the dude who needs a reason to care why hes playing a video game and then waffles about the items in another thread.

grow up.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay you two, be nice!

The OP asked for info, I grudgingly gave it ;) and hope that it helps at least a little.

Lets stay on topic and if anyone else has further information about the new Shadowguard encounters please share :)

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Says the dude who needs a reason to care why hes playing a video game and then waffles about the items in another thread.
I know that heroes like you, for whom videogame monster-killing is a refined activity motivated by nothing but the most laudable spirit of adventure and discovery, have a hard time understanding the ways of us lowly grunting beasts who root through the muck looking for pixel crack, but seriously. Artifacts are supposed to be worth equipping otherwise they're not really treasure.

Alas, if everyone were as discerning a soul as yourself, such basic elementary concepts of game design wouldn't be necessary, but sadly they are. Truly you shouldn't know whether to laugh or cry at your predicament, trapped in a game with us phillistines.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I know that heroes like you, for whom videogame monster-killing is a refined activity motivated by nothing but the most laudable spirit of adventure and discovery, have a hard time understanding the ways of us lowly grunting beasts who root through the muck looking for pixel crack, but seriously. Artifacts are supposed to be worth equipping otherwise they're not really treasure.

Alas, if everyone were as discerning a soul as yourself, such basic elementary concepts of game design wouldn't be necessary, but sadly they are. Truly you shouldn't know whether to laugh or cry at your predicament, trapped in a game with us phillistines.

I appreciate your hypocrisy as you demand that devs provide you with a reason that you should play a new expansion other than for the sake of playing and that all items should revolve around your perception of being useful. Then trying to group yourself in with everyone who plays implying they share your same views.

Give me a break.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
as you demand that devs provide you with a reason that you should play a new expansion other than for the sake of playing

lol....

If you want people to play your MMO, especially one with a subscription cost, you have to have a REASON to do your content. If the reason is just to have fun, then I know of countless other MMOs where it is as fun if not more, but also a rewarding experience that makes the player feel like they have gotten more powerful, had an impact on the story, or feels like progression.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
lol....

If you want people to play your MMO, especially one with a subscription cost, you have to have a REASON to do your content. If the reason is just to have fun, then I know of countless other MMOs where it is as fun if not more, but also a rewarding experience that makes the player feel like they have gotten more powerful, had an impact on the story, or feels like progression.

They provided everyone the same information. But it wasn't enough for SPOCK, because HE has to care.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
lol....

I know right?

Is it me or is 75% of everyone who posts here some complete know-nothing crank who's obviously never played any other game and has no idea WTF they're talking about? You routinely see one doofus or another blundering around here acting like players being motivated by loot is an affront to their refined sensibilities, and that it's reasonable for a developer to expect people to keep paying month after month to do the same content over and over for no real reason.

Honestly if this game has one real systemic weakness other than sheer age, it's the fact that the developers have no useful source of feedback now that most of the posters with a clue have long since been driven off by the old mods. Christ I wish Martyna or Shakkara were still here. Petra and friends "civilized" this place into near worthlessness.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I know right?

Is it me or is 75% of everyone who posts here some complete know-nothing crank who's obviously never played any other game and has no idea WTF they're talking about? You routinely see one doofus or another blundering around here acting like players being motivated by loot is an affront to their refined sensibilities, and that it's reasonable for a developer to expect people to keep paying month after month to do the same content over and over for no real reason.

Honestly if this game has one real systemic weakness other than sheer age, it's the fact that the developers have no useful source of feedback now that most of the posters with a clue have long since been driven off by the old mods. Christ I wish Martyna or Shakkara were still here. Petra and friends "civilized" this place into near worthlessness.
Feel free to leave these "worthless" forums. Your sense of self importance is amusing.

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, back on topic:
Ive soloed the bar, The orchard, The armory and the fountain.
The bar with a mage, casting EV's then throwing bottles at the pirates, remember to heal if you throw it in your own face.
The orchard with mage, trick is to find out which tree is which, I write them down and when you got them all noted its quite easy. When you are trying to figure out which is which I cast 2 EV and then stand close to them when I throw the apple. As soon as Ive thrown the apple I run and invis, usually I can invis before getting pulled back and hit.
The armory with a tamer and a GD. Just run around and kill the spawn, very easy with a GD, didnt even have to heal it at all. Took some time though.
The fountain with tamer and a GD. Follow your GD around and pick up pieces as it kills the spawn, then make the canals back to the spouts. Do not click the spouts before you have connected it all the way, or else a more powerfull elemental will spawn (cant remember name).

The belfrey Ive tried with both mage and tamer, none of them worked for me. With my tamer my GD didnt teleport with me to the greater dragon you need to kill, so couldnt do much dmg by myself. Will try other templates later on.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay please @Kyronix if you are planning on having uber phat leet lootz for completing these...PLEASE make them harder. I don't want to see these encounters soloable. 1 or 2...MAYBE.....but I was so happy to see that some actually required some teamwork.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The belfrey Ive tried with both mage and tamer, none of them worked for me. With my tamer my GD didnt teleport with me to the greater dragon you need to kill, so couldnt do much dmg by myself. Will try other templates later on.
Does relogging not bring the GD to you?

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Okay please @Kyronix if you are planning on having uber phat leet lootz for completing these...PLEASE make them harder. I don't want to see these encounters soloable. 1 or 2...MAYBE.....but I was so happy to see that some actually required some teamwork.
I do agree. Tried the fountain with a party of 5 people, and we got slaughtered. Made the quest muuuuch harder because the spawn was out of proportion. In a matter of minutes there were 100s of elements all around, people died seconds after starting.
Havent tried any others in a party, but if it is the same, then it is actually easier to do them solo in my opinion.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do agree. Tried the fountain with a party of 5 people, and we got slaughtered. Made the quest muuuuch harder because the spawn was out of proportion. In a matter of minutes there were 100s of elements all around, people died seconds after starting.
Havent tried any others in a party, but if it is the same, then it is actually easier to do them solo in my opinion.
Oh man. I hope it's not another area following the "7 billion monsters makes it hard and hard makes it fun!" school of thought.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, back on topic:
Ive soloed the bar, The orchard, The armory and the fountain.
The bar with a mage, casting EV's then throwing bottles at the pirates, remember to heal if you throw it in your own face.
The orchard with mage, trick is to find out which tree is which, I write them down and when you got them all noted its quite easy. When you are trying to figure out which is which I cast 2 EV and then stand close to them when I throw the apple. As soon as Ive thrown the apple I run and invis, usually I can invis before getting pulled back and hit.
The armory with a tamer and a GD. Just run around and kill the spawn, very easy with a GD, didnt even have to heal it at all. Took some time though.
The fountain with tamer and a GD. Follow your GD around and pick up pieces as it kills the spawn, then make the canals back to the spouts. Do not click the spouts before you have connected it all the way, or else a more powerfull elemental will spawn (cant remember name).

This is all well and good using tamer and mage etc, but don't you have to have all the rooms done on ONE character to get to go to the roof?

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is all well and good using tamer and mage etc, but don't you have to have all the rooms done on ONE character to get to go to the roof?
Yes, this is on test, so I just tested with different setups.
Tamer will work very well on all of the ones Ive completed. Just didnt try the tamer until today. The bar and orchard are both quite easy, and is probably not worse when you replace the 2x EVs with a GD.

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just tried The belfrey again with tamer and GD. I found that it is possible to get you pet up, it just requires you getting it to follow you and then run around a bit.
Although I couldnt complete this one even with my GD attacking the damn thing 27-28 minutes out of the 30 total. It just regenerates HP to fast. Whenever my pet got knocked down I had to say "all follow me" and then run around for a few seconds until it came back up.
Got it down to 1000HP in about 22-23 minutes, but below 1000 it seems to regenerate much faster, and the 2-4 seconds it took me to get my GD back up it had regenetared 200-300HP. So I never got below 700HP, and even finished at 1000+ again.
I tried to help with casting spells, but then I got affected by the kick and the time it took me to get a new dragons wing it had either killed my GD on top, or if I took the GD with me, it would've healed several thousands HP.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just tried The belfrey again with tamer and GD. I found that it is possible to get you pet up, it just requires you getting it to follow you and then run around a bit.
Although I couldnt complete this one even with my GD attacking the damn thing 27-28 minutes out of the 30 total. It just regenerates HP to fast. Whenever my pet got knocked down I had to say "all follow me" and then run around for a few seconds until it came back up.
Got it down to 1000HP in about 22-23 minutes, but below 1000 it seems to regenerate much faster, and the 2-4 seconds it took me to get my GD back up it had regenetared 200-300HP. So I never got below 700HP, and even finished at 1000+ again.
I tried to help with casting spells, but then I got affected by the kick and the time it took me to get a new dragons wing it had either killed my GD on top, or if I took the GD with me, it would've healed several thousands HP.
Did you try any skill masteries

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did you try any skill masteries
No I havent gotten around to finding out how they work.
Havent played much for many years, so never tried any of the masteries.
But could be an option that might help give the last blow :)

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A few questions on Roof access:

1) how does access to the Roof work for parties? Is every member of the party required to have completed all five encounters, or just the party leader?

2) does green status on completed encounters expire with time, or can you do the Roof whenever you're ready?

3) does green status reset on Roof success, or also on Roof failure?

Also I wouldn't mind a few spoilers on the Roof itself :)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
A few questions on Roof access:

1) how does access to the Roof work for parties? Is every member of the party required to have completed all five encounters, or just the party leader?

2) does green status on completed encounters expire with time, or can you do the Roof whenever you're ready?

3) does green status reset on Roof success, or also on Roof failure?

Also I wouldn't mind a few spoilers on the Roof itself :)

Roof completes it for all parties but you cant access the roof unless you complete the other encounters. I dont know how the loot works yet.

So you have to ring the bell and kill more for x amount of wings you need.

Green shows up when you beat each encounter and when you finish the roof, it resets them all.

Easiest way to work the roof is a tamer using log in and out method.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What about the Roof bosses? I understood that you have to fight four minions of Minax: Ozymandias, Virtuebane, Jou'nar and Anon. And then presumably Minax herself?

But I haven't seen any detail about their difficulty and abilities...

(I would also like some fictional details about the whole bunch, but this is a different topic :) )

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
finally got time to go in and do the roof last night.

OMG what a pain!
we did the Ozy archer dude, that was painful but we got it done but then we got Anon and what the heck!
we would do about 1/10 damage to him then he would regen it back, this happened over and over and over and over.
2 greater dragons and Anon was disco'd and we had a 3rd fell in there on a pure mage running interference and heal assist and we could not get Anon below 1/10 of his HP.

are we missing something?
we tried a bunch of stuff and could not found anything that seemed to work to get him down.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
finally got him down 1/4 way, been no word of a lie half an hour.

if anyone is bored swing on over and come help, im sure we will be here for another couple hours at this rate!