• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Raresfest and Jubilees UO Searchable

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Since the inception of the new vendor search in UO, i've always wanted to be able to use it in the raresfest and jubilee settings. The last ATL festival being close to Vesper was nice because it was only a screen away from using vendor search.

I wanted to know your thoughts of asking @Mesanna to make the raresfest and jubilee areas searchable via UO vendor search if you are in the festival area. It would drastically improve my shopping capabilities!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Vendor search works in all guardzones, so it seems like it would be relatively simple to just add a guardzone around the rares festival areas. That would also greatly help with monsters that spawn inside festival areas and kill people while their afk....including harbingers people summon for the express purpose of killing afk players. Someone was afk killed by a vampire bat and lost a couple rares yesterday unfortunately. If there was a guard zone around the area, it wouldn't have happened.

I like this idea a lot :)

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Anyone who wants search access, talk to me. I'm willing to grant friend access at the vendor houses so search can be used - but if anyone starts locking down random items to clutter those up, I'll be forced to clear the friends lists.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'm confused can you not located items on vendors at the fest through vendor search?

I do feel like there should be quite a few more areas added to the search criteria that would make shopping less complicated.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm confused can you not located items on vendors at the fest through vendor search?

I do feel like there should be quite a few more areas added to the search criteria that would make shopping less complicated.
You can find them on vendor search when you are in a guard zone. Problem is festivals are never in a guard zone. So looking for something when you are already there requires you to travel to a guard zone to look it up. I just want them to place a guard zone so I can look up items while I'm already at the festival.

I also ditto norrington's post - though I think it's fun to kill harrbi's people drop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Although Goblin as RP is recommended on Chessie Fest ;)
However vendor search is possible..
If your character is human. You can make a bonfire Use Kindling
Certainty than if you have the Camping skills

Last edited: