• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I posted the fix for automap in this thread

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
comes up with a error when you click the link
something about dropbox error or something

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thanks bro!

i went and snagged the file and ill put it into action when i finally get time to go into the new lands.

REEFHAWK1969

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks bro!

i went and snagged the file and ill put it into action when i finally get time to go into the new lands.
I downloaded this the other day. Somehow I got it to work on the first try. Thanks so much for posting this. FYI: I also downloaded the UO Map fix when Stygian Abyss came out. I really appreciate that you have posted these fixes.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
download the file?

Sunseri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Speaking of Eodon, when will that land be available to enter? I am itching to get my hands on the necro volumes.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
just go put the file in your UOAM directory where the other map file are.

go to your program files and search through there if you dont know where you installed it.
for example mine is like this;
C:\Program Files\UOAM
then in there are a bunch of map files and other stuff.
just take that map file you DLed and drop it in there.
oh, maybe delete the same file if it is already in there, cant remember if it is or not.
then once you do that you need to reboot everything, UO, UO assist, UOAM.
if that still dosnt work then you need to go into the UOAM and into the map setting and make sure everything is set right, also a calibration probably wouldnt hurt.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
ok doed alla dat now get blk screen wif some labels and astertits

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really appreciate all the helpful information given, however, I am still stuck with a black map...
I think it is the .mul file extension not being recognized as I did all the steps posted above.
It seems I don't have a program that recognizes .mul ... my other maps are .bmp's ....
Help PLEASE!!

*cookie hug* :)

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really appreciate all the helpful information given, however, I am still stuck with a black map...
I think it is the .mul file extension not being recognized as I did all the steps posted above.
It seems I don't have a program that recognizes .mul ... my other maps are .bmp's ....
Help PLEASE!!

*cookie hug* :)
I think I'm going to redo the entire thing with a bigger file hosting site so I can put everything in 1 .zip file - and also because I discovered some issues with the display of the fel side eodon champ spawn (which I have only fixed on my personal copy so far) - gonna work on this and have a whole new version soon

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got it Kojak and thank you so very much!
*cookie hug*

REEFHAWK1969

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put up the new link in the automap thread in the UO Resources forum
I need a little help. I went to UO Resources, logged into my account, but have no idea how to find the Forums. I really appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks

REEFHAWK1969

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need a little help. I went to UO Resources, logged into my account, but have no idea how to find the Forums. I really appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks
Sorry to have bothered you. I found the download in UOAM-UOCART. I downloaded the zip file, opened the file. Opened UOAM. went to EODON. Map looks awesome. thanks for little us use this. love the new map. Spanky

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
np, I like automap and want to keep it working hopefully forever

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Lol, new computer....just downloaded auto-map as per your directions, Kojak. It follows my character around on Atlantic. But I see no houses or other buildings on the map. What have I done wrong. As a 18 year vet, I am exceedingly incompetent as to the actual mechanics of computers. Always had help from husband and or daughters, but now I live alone and am also befuddled. Lol. Please help. I do have UOassist on, and am running both as an administrator.....