• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If someone is walking around a guard zone asking for Night Sight...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I gave it a shot and nada no clue what he's talking about

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They perform a glitch to get their toons criminal while still showing blue, then ask you for a heal/nightsight, then guard whack you.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't do it... for whatever reason it allows them to guard whack you... even in Tram rulesets.

Just another group of people abusing game mechanics that cause others not to be helpful
Past examples, from 2013 - but it is a MUCH older bug than two years ....

http://stratics.com/threads/warning-please-read.296236/

http://stratics.com/threads/guard-wacked-for-night-sight.297283/

People can be flagged as criminal and show as blue, which is what's causing the issue. , yet never seems to be fixed in any of the great 'bug cleanup' exercises :(.

Edited because I'm an idiot, and managed to mix my comments in with the original poster's.... they are not in the right place, in italics, as MY comments and not theirs...

Last edited:

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please don't take liberties with my quotes. If you want to make your own point, make it.
As far as I can see Aurelius took no liberties with your post. This is a forum and you chose to make a post. That post is the subject matter and others are therefore free to comment, offer opinions and further expand the subject if they so choose. As has been said this is not a new bug and back in the day I too fell for it. Aurelius simply increased the amount of information given with some already available on the matter. I certainly do not consider that taking liberties in any way whatsoever. If you chose to make a post be ready to accept comments and replies.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Blah blah blah..
They abused the quote feature to make it look like someone said something they didn't. Get it now?

You just didn't look carefully enough to see it.

I get that this is a forum and they even posted support to what I said. I just didn't appreciate them changing the quote to make it look like I said something else.

Last edited:

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
As far as I can see Aurelius took no liberties with your post. This is a forum and you chose to make a post. That post is the subject matter and others are therefore free to comment, offer opinions and further expand the subject if they so choose. As has been said this is not a new bug and back in the day I too fell for it. Aurelius simply increased the amount of information given with some already available on the matter. I certainly do not consider that taking liberties in any way whatsoever. If you chose to make a post be ready to accept comments and replies.

Also, on an unrelated note, I often like to get messed up on cough syrup and then sneak into other peoples houses at night and sniff their feet while they're asleep.
Yup I see no problems here. Except for that last part maybe.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hm, I had to read it again to notice, 'yet never seems to be fixed ...' was inserted before the quote end mark, thus ending up as part of the quot. Editing quotes would be a bad precedent in the forum. Surely this was an accident?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please don't take liberties with my quotes. If you want to make your own point, make it.
Argh... now I see what happened, sorry - I completely messed up when I was making and messing about with that post of mine, and rather than putting that comment as 'mine' I somehow managed to edit what I was quoting your original - really sorry, I have no idea how I messed that up so badly.... the 'never seem to get fixed' is entirely my opinion, and not yours.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hm, I had to read it again to notice, 'yet never seems to be fixed ...' was inserted before the quote end mark, thus ending up as part of the quot. Editing quotes would be a bad precedent in the forum. Surely this was an accident?
Even if it wasn't, it's not THAT big of a deal. I just didn't want it to be thought of as appropriate.

So, to elaborate on what happened to me, I was in Luna Mint (Atlantic) near the tailors and this dude named "Merlin" runs down and says "Night Sight" over and over. So I hit him with nightsight and immediately see "guards" and gray screen. I had everything necessary for fuse cords on my corpse except balls of yarn so pretty sure if he could he would have looted at least the black powder. He immediately ran back up the stairs toward the Inn and must have logged/hid because I lost sight of him as I ran to the Ankh for a res. Fire Beetle survived! :) Yes, he was blue. No, he did not look like the Merlin that posts on this forum. He had newbie gear on.

I got a laugh out of it but mostly because I had 0 fame and the ankh was just upstairs, but still thought I'd share.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some characters are bugged and cause everyone to go criminal if they perform beneficial acts on them.

a guildy of mine on LS has a sampire that's like that, and he said he had paged to get it fixed, and the GM either couldn't fix it, or didn't know what he was talking about...

Not sure what causes it to become bugged, but there are also other "sticky" bugs as I like to call them, that cause certain armor properties to stick to your character even if they have nothing equipped, such as 40% LMC while naked.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure what causes it to become bugged, but there are also other "sticky" bugs as I like to call them, that cause certain armor properties to stick to your character even if they have nothing equipped, such as 40% LMC while naked.
One of my characters had a "sticky" bug too, somehow it stayed at all 70's resists even while naked. Sadly it wore off after about a week, but I still wonder how awesome that character could have been if I made a special suit for it that didn't need any resists on it due to the bug.

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This night sight guard wack thing happened to me on ATL at the Luna Moongate a few nights ago. Guy was blue asked for night sight I did and then I was dead. I wont be night sighting anyone ever again.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This night sight guard wack thing happened to me on ATL at the Luna Moongate a few nights ago. Guy was blue asked for night sight I did and then I was dead. I wont be night sighting anyone ever again.
Hilarious if you ask me... Also be careful to help in fel - any buff - because if recipient is VvV will cause you to go VvV Orange till you die - making you a target. Even if it was just a nice gesture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they should probably implement some sort of "refresh" on all players upon logging in, I still have a character stuck at 40 lmc 55% lmc with 0 imbuing/properties on a studded suit, unfortunately for me I'm very picky and the character will still be using a suit that has 40 lmc regardless, (I'm not taking advantage of it, like I should), but there are several people out there with bugged characters, some positive some negative, but either way it shouldn't be like that.

43 lmc no properties naked.jpg

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Nothing hilarious about that
Hilarious if you ask me... Also be careful to help in fel - any buff - because if recipient is VvV will cause you to go VvV Orange till you die - making you a target. Even if it was just a nice gesture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I spend my time helping others everyday. I don't think anything is funny about my paying insurance, losing my title and being victim of a bug that's apparently been around for years.
and Doh we all know about the VvV thing. Try something besides picking on others. I would not even bothered to post it if someone hadnt asked for when and were, once again my trying to he helpful. Its sad when others make fun of those of us who are helpful. Its a double slap in the face