• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2 Brittanian Ship questions

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Is the Brittanian Ship the only ship on which we can place a small forge?

Does its size negatively impact accessible boat mining areas?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is the Brittanian Ship the only ship on which we can place a small forge?

Does its size negatively impact accessible boat mining areas?
Of the 4 new ships to the best of my knowledge the Britain Ship is the only one with the 2 1 tile pads on it.

For boat mining it is much easier the use one of the old UO boats and a fire beetle for your forge. I do a lot of mining at sea and all of the new ships (4) would be cumbersome mining at sea.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I prefer the Tokuno ship or the Orc ship if you have the parts... Both are speedy and both have a low center area where I typically stand to fish or mine.

The Tokuno ship also gives a bonus to fishing.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
There is a spot on the bow for something too on the Brit ship. I put a parrot on the back of my friends and moved the tillerman back there to keep him company.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. Much slower. Why mine has never been out to sea for around 4 years. Shame, because I do love it, but it's just too slow compared to my Orc. Tokuno ship is the fastest.

Hmm. I might actually use all 3 of my accounts and "race them" to test exactly how much quicker/slow each of them are tomorrow.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The Britain Ship is great for mining with though, since you can place a small forge on it, and not have to worry about a Fire Beetle if a aggressive Mob comes along.

Not necessarily Ship Mining btw, I mean going to areas to near water you can mine and then store stuff, saves on Powder for bags of sending.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been told they've been patched to be the same speed fairly recently. A quick test seemed to prove that. But I didn't do a side by side test yet.

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a spot on the bow for something too on the Brit ship. I put a parrot on the back of my friends and moved the tillerman back there to keep him company.
Ho do you move the tiller man?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Personally I prefer the Tokuno ship or the Orc ship if you have the parts... Both are speedy and both have a low center area where I typically stand to fish or mine.

The Tokuno ship also gives a bonus to fishing.
ruh?

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The Brit boat is 10M points or 150M gold on the fisher at the Brit Public Library.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So when you sail a Tokuno ship while wearing the fisherman's armor set, you can improve your odds of fishing up something good so insignificantly as to make neither bonus actually worth bothering with.

YAY! o_O

@Kyronix Fix this.
This is sooo true... And if you use the boat, wear the gear, and use bait! You can still use 4000 charges click 12,000 times at least and NEVER catch the fish you are looking for.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So when you sail a Tokuno ship while wearing the fisherman's armor set, you can improve your odds of fishing up something good so insignificantly as to make neither bonus actually worth bothering with.

YAY! o_O

@Kyronix Fix this.
There are a number of "quality of life" as well as bug fixes related to High Seas that need to be addressed. We hope to get to them in a future publish. Thanks for the feedback.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is sooo true... And if you use the boat, wear the gear, and use bait! You can still use 4000 charges click 12,000 times at least and NEVER catch the fish you are looking for.
You can create a macro in EC/Pincos to bait the hook and then fish at least 10 times with the push of one button or one click.
Make a new macro:
  1. Drop the bait in the 1st box, click it and select Target Stored and target your fishing pole.
  2. Put a Delay of 1 second from the Actions/Other Tab in the 2nd box
  3. Put a Target by Resource, drop your fishing pole in the pop-up and select Water in the 3rd box
  4. Put a Delay of 10 seconds in the 4th box
  5. Click on Repeat - 10 Times and save the macro
Pull the macro to a bar and set a key. Now you just have to hit your button once and you'll bait your pole and fish 10 times. You can make it longer by repeating steps 1-4 but I usually don't bother because after 10 times or so it's time to move to another spot and this way you only have to change the macro once when you use a different bait.

Edit: btw if you run out of bait you don't even have to change the macro, it will still continue to work.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a number of "quality of life" as well as bug fixes related to High Seas that need to be addressed. We hope to get to them in a future publish. Thanks for the feedback.
Please, oh Master Kyronix...make lobster trapping..somehow different! I have been at sea for days searching for crustaceans of various ilks...*cabin fever*

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please, oh Master Kyronix...make lobster trapping..somehow different! I have been at sea for days searching for crustaceans of various ilks...*cabin fever*
I find the best way to lobster fish is to set your ship in motion, get a big stack of lobster traps, and deploy them in a long line. When you get to the end, turn around and pick em up. Kind of like the way they do it on Deadliest Catch. But yes, like I said there are number of quality of life improvements we want to address with High Seas at a future time.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I find the best way to lobster fish is to set your ship in motion, get a big stack of lobster traps, and deploy them in a long line. When you get to the end, turn around and pick em up. Kind of like the way they do it on Deadliest Catch. But yes, like I said there are number of quality of life improvements we want to address with High Seas at a future time.
This is the method I use.

I go get about 100 to 150 traps. Find a nice long open stretch of ocean... Set the traps on the deck of the boat near the edge. Stand next to the edge of the boat and tell the tillerman to go "slow forward" double click traps and drop one off the side every 3 or 4 tiles using "use last object macro". I drop about 50 or so traps. Then I say "All Stop"... Wait a while and then tell him "Back" Go back to the start of your line then once again say "slow forward" start picking up traps. Yes some will be empty... and even if your pack is full the traps will drop at your feet. When you have them all picked up start opening.... clean up all the traps back up and start over again.

You will catch 100X more crab and lobster this way.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ho do you move the tiller man?
Click on the tillerman and you get a menu. Go down until you see move tillerman. Place him where you want on the boat. Becareful when you are close to land, I accidently put mine on land and had to call a gm to move him back.