• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Closed I do not run adblocker

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please stop trying to "shame" me into turning it off. Please fix the tool used to detect this.

I posted this in Uhall due to a lack of forum (that I could find, I thought we had a technical forum?) to discuss Stratics only things.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have enlisted for a premium account and got that message today again. :(
I don't run adblock either, so there is definitely something weird with the script.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We will look at the issue.... thanks!

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I don't run adblock either, so there is definitely something weird with the script.
We will work on correcting this.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I've made an adjustment that should have resolved the issue. As long as you are logged in, it should not display. Please let me know if it worked.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The forum has now been moved for greater visibility, thanks for the suggestion. Also, are you still having issues with the adblock message?
It comes and goes, it's like it forgets I clicked the X now and again or something or another. Then again Firefox has been super angry at things all week so I'm not sure if it's you or Firefox the moment.

Also good news about the forum move!

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
It comes and goes, it's like it forgets I clicked the X now and again or something or another. Then again Firefox has been super angry at things all week so I'm not sure if it's you or Firefox the moment.

Okay well I can play with it a bit more and see what I can do. It detects scripts that run to block ads, and is not meant to be annoying or guilt inspiring. Usually people install ad blockers for pop-up protection, abusive sites, and overwhelming ads. We don't host any of those negative advertisements. We meant to use the detector feature as a gentle request that our community reconsider the use blockers on our site specifically. If the feature is overwhelming, then I'll keep looking into ways to make it less so. Awareness is the goal. In your case, maybe it is bugging out and has something to do with Firefox, so this is good to know.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran

Is this still creating issues? I'm on the verge of disabling this add-on if it is.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I'm going to close this issue, but please reply again if it creates problems in the future. Thanks for the report!