• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why doesn't the Dev team fix crap like this

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay sis and I were filling bods this morning. She got some anvils as rewards. She was putting them down and noticed the "gold" one she had locked down was a different shade of "gold".

I looked at it realize right away that's NOT GOLD! It's oak wood!!! When you deed it, it just says anvil. Who in there right mind coded that?

I apologize for being late to game on this one but geez they've had plenty of time to fix it. Its practically a tailor made instant scam, make anvil with colored wood and sell it for a bod reward anvil.

This had to be coded by the same idiot who put the questionable names on the first Treasures of Tokuno urns. Ya'll remember that epic fail?

Reactions: Vor

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have two large urns that are labeled "a small piece of blackrock"

I'm rather fond of them just the way they are.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have two large urns that are labeled "a small piece of blackrock"

I'm rather fond of them just the way they are.
upload_2015-7-11_10-6-33.png

ME TOO! I like wierd, unique things :)

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh ROTFLMAO , Well whoever put the names on the Urns didn't run them through a translator. I think they just made them up. This was the first time they did the Treasures of Tokuno back in 2005. Please don't fry me I swear this is the truth one looks like the word for a female reproductive part, the other meant male reproductive organ song in Japanese - this one was change. Here is the UOguide link listing the names, its the second name and the one with the line through it. I really wish to God I was making this crap up!

http://www.uoguide.com/Ancient_Urn

*NOTE* When reading Japanese you read right to left in case you want to translate the offensive one! lol

Last edited:

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Okay sis and I were filling bods this morning. She got some anvils as rewards. She was putting them down and noticed the "gold" one she had locked down was a different shade of "gold".

I looked at it realize right away that's NOT GOLD! It's oak wood!!! When you deed it, it just says anvil. Who in there right mind coded that?

I apologize for being late to game on this one but geez they've had plenty of time to fix it. Its practically a tailor made instant scam, make anvil with colored wood and sell it for a bod reward anvil.

This had to be coded by the same idiot who put the questionable names on the first Treasures of Tokuno urns. Ya'll remember that epic fail?
Something about your story doesn't fit though Jirel. I'm not sure how your sis got anvils as rewards and then you make the leap to scamming by players selling oak anvils as BOD rewards. I'm just playing devil's advocate but maybe the discrepancies in reporting may be causing some of the issues with identifying where to make the fixes. I know that there is stuff out there that needs to be fixed. LOTS of stuff. But we have to give accurate precise statements.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About a year ago, for some reason any time what used to be called a "massive niter deposit" spawned, it was named "a clumsy niter deposit." No idea why. Reported it in bug tracking when I noticed it, but apparently it's too minor of a bug to fix.

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh ROTFLMAO , Well whoever put the names on the Urns didn't run them through a translator. I think they just made them up. This was the first time they did the Treasures of Tokuno back in 2005. Please don't fry me I swear this is the truth one looks like the word for a female reproductive part, the other meant male reproductive organ song in Japanese - this one was change. Here is the UOguide link listing the names, its the second name and the one with the line through it. I really wish to God I was making this crap up!

http://www.uoguide.com/Ancient_Urn
The urns Larisa was kind enough to post a screenshot of came from one of the Awakening quests. You may remember, the one where you had to sit in the desert sifting sand for little fragments. They were originally correctly identified as a "Jukan Heirloom Vase." I got my two vases doing the quest. Other items I got doing the quest remain correctly labeled.

There was a publish not long after the Awakening ended, I forget which one, and the name suddenly changed.

I still like them though -maybe a little more.

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About a year ago, for some reason any time what used to be called a "massive niter deposit" spawned, it was named "a clumsy niter deposit." No idea why. Reported it in bug tracking when I noticed it, but apparently it's too minor of a bug to fix.
I noticed that too. It still seems to give the same amount of saltpeter though.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something about your story doesn't fit though Jirel. I'm not sure how your sis got anvils as rewards and then you make the leap to scamming by players selling oak anvils as BOD rewards. I'm just playing devil's advocate but maybe the discrepancies in reporting may be causing some of the issues with identifying where to make the fixes. I know that there is stuff out there that needs to be fixed. LOTS of stuff. But we have to give accurate precise statements.

Okay please try to pay attention.

What I said was that by NOT having the anvils show they're oak or frostwood. That it was practically made for a scam. The Oak and Frostwood look very similar to Gold and Valorite. So it could be used to rip off the unsuspecting player. This the only carpentery crafted item that does NOT have a tag for the type of wood used.

I wasn't scammed, nobody was scammed.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
"Okay sis and I were filling bods this morning. She got some anvils as rewards. She was putting them down and noticed the "gold" one she had locked down was a different shade of "gold". "

Here, I bolded and underlined the part of what you said that caused my confusion. No need to get angry. I read this as you placed an oak anvil down that you got as a BOD reward. Which isn't the bug you're referencing.

That you're getting defensive and don't see the problem is exactly what I'm talking about though. You have to be clear when writing tickets. At least in my opinion it helps more to not get down into the dirty details.

Well anyways, cheers. Just trying to help.

EDIT: Oh derp. I get it. You're saying she placed the gold one she got as a reward next to another one she had previously and noticed the difference. I get it now.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Okay sis and I were filling bods this morning. She got some anvils as rewards. She was putting them down and noticed the "gold" one she had locked down was a different shade of "gold". "

Here, I bolded and underlined the part of what you said that caused my confusion. No need to get angry. I read this as you placed an oak anvil down that you got as a BOD reward. Which isn't the bug you're referencing.

That you're getting defensive and don't see the problem is exactly what I'm talking about though. You have to be clear when writing tickets. At least in my opinion it helps more to not get down into the dirty details.

Well anyways, cheers. Just trying to help.

EDIT: Oh derp. I get it. You're saying she placed the gold one she got as a reward next to another one she had previously and noticed the difference. I get it now.
Yay! now we're on the same page!

I'm sorry if I come off as defensive, its crankiness. I should be more patient English isn't the first language of everyone who reads the forum. Also all us who do speak/read/write in English don't necessarily speak/read/write the same English. Patience is the virtue I need to work. :)

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't realize that anvils could be made out of wood - are you sure about that?

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran

You're kind of excitable, aren't you? How long has it been this way without anyone ever hearing of any "oak anvil for gold bod reward anvil" scam actually existing?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't realize that anvils could be made out of wood - are you sure about that?
http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=gameitem&id=2087&cat=851
Carpentry Craftables

General Information:
An Anvil is a piece of furniture that can be crafted by Carpenters. The Anvil can be used by Blacksmiths to craft by.
Crafting Information:
Skill Required: 73.6 Carpentry
75.0 Blacksmith
Success Chance:
?

Resources Needed: 5 Boards or Logs
150 Ingots

Not sure if they keep the color of the wood or the ingots, been a long time.

But the deeds (made/reward) say different things so I do not see what the problem is.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This is what the rewards one say "Anvil (facing East) Deed" Yours just says Anvil so it is a Carp made Anvil out of OAK or it is a gold reward anvil after the anvil is redeeded, either way it is not hard for a true Craftsperson to tell the difference and really is it that big of a deal.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I noticed that too. It still seems to give the same amount of saltpeter though.
You know what would be more fun is when they are labeled like that would be that it made your "character" clumsy while mining and would have a chance to blow him/her self to kingdom come on occasion... hehe

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You know what would be more fun is when they are labeled like that would be that it made your "character" clumsy while mining and would have a chance to blow him/her self to kingdom come on occasion... hehe
Your BAD. LMAO

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL You are as bad as my sister she wants to be able to trap pressie boxs. I think she watched too much smurfs as a kid.

Reactions: Vor

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Don't sweat the small... stuff.
Stuff like this doesn't bother me either but I totally understand the frustration. It's not really the fact they goofed a label, but rather the snowballing of lArge amounts of "small stuff."

Me personally, I am getting bored of uo again and don't know whether to cash out or give everything away.

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a chuckle when you mentioned "Treasures of Tokuno" because I was around for that. You know how many orcs and Fandancers I killed getting those stupid things? LOL

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I got a chuckle when you mentioned "Treasures of Tokuno" because I was around for that. You know how many orcs and Fandancers I killed getting those stupid things? LOL
Know how many turn ins I picked up from IDOCs :p You weren't the only person going nuts farming them.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is what the rewards one say "Anvil (facing East) Deed" Yours just says Anvil so it is a Carp made Anvil out of OAK or it is a gold reward anvil after the anvil is redeeded, either way it is not hard for a true Craftsperson to tell the difference and really is it that big of a deal.
Ah, but once a bod anvil has been placed and taken up it just says anvil. I had moved into my new crafting house and was decoing with bod anvils to see which colors I need.

What Jirel is missing in her post was I had placed 3 anvils all of which I thought were gold. One I noticed was darker than the others. Now, in my pack they look even more close in color. It wasn't till I placed them that I notice the difference. I ask her if it was my monitor or is the anvil in the middle darker.

I have a difficult time with color distinction when the colors are very similar, why I don't know. I rely on those tags to help me distinguish one from another. I am true craft person, I'm sorry I don't have perfect eyes I wish I did.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Stuff like this doesn't bother me either but I totally understand the frustration. It's not really the fact they goofed a label, but rather the snowballing of lArge amounts of "small stuff."

Me personally, I am getting bored of uo again and don't know whether to cash out or give everything away.
Totally understand how you feel. Though for me it's not that I don't want to play... It's that I don't want to play ALONE. I like to have folk to chat with and I really miss a dear friend who passed away a little over a year ago. And ever since it's just not the same. Rascal and I used to talk for hours on end when we were playing. We used to compete to get the heaviest "rare" fishes... or just be doing something "alone" in game like T-Hunting or Fishing but having someone there in Vent to talk to while you whiled away the hours fishing or hunting or even sorting and cleaning... just made the hours not so tedious.

If your bored. Perhaps reach out and find new friends. Try a different game play style... or do something "new" in-game. One thing I've found is sometimes... trying a different shard even for awhile makes you appreciate your home shard and friends more and sometimes... gives you a new crew to hang with.

Try wearing nothing but GM armor and hunting. This can be a challenge. Try starting a new character on a new shard with nothing... without all your crafters and money this can be a fun challenge. I did it on Siege. I thought one day what the heck... I didn't reachout and join any guilds or anything even though there are guilds there that like to help new players. I just played. It was fun. Wore whatever I could get my hands on.

I also found doing the Trade Quests on a newbie character to be a good challenge.

UOLAPlayer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The attention to detail and QA does show a clumsy rather than a massive effort. BTW, this was reported originally in 2014, now it's 2016. Thanks for the clumsy attention to managing the UO development project, a minor issue is years old now.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The attention to detail and QA does show a clumsy rather than a massive effort. BTW, this was reported originally in 2014, now it's 2016. Thanks for the clumsy attention to managing the UO development project, a minor issue is years old now.
Just taking a stab at this, but would this be the clumsy attention like posting in a thread that's around a year old?

UOLAPlayer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's my clumsy effort to refresh what should have been fixed in a stack of other old maintenance requests. ;)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay please try to pay attention.

What I said was that by NOT having the anvils show they're oak or frostwood. That it was practically made for a scam. The Oak and Frostwood look very similar to Gold and Valorite. So it could be used to rip off the unsuspecting player. This the only carpentery crafted item that does NOT have a tag for the type of wood used.

I wasn't scammed, nobody was scammed.
Speaking of blacksmiths, which I am one, how many of us have enough money for someone to even bother to scam us?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Speaking of blacksmiths, which I am one, how many of us have enough money for someone to even bother to scam us?

You have to look at these "crafty" scammers (see what I did there?). They've been known to rip people off for as much as 10k...

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well darn before I realized I was reading an old thread, I was going to ask if I could have your stuff.

But still... can I have your stuff?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well darn before I realized I was reading an old thread, I was going to ask if I could have your stuff.

But still... can I have your stuff?
You're a little late but if you're on Great Lakes I can give you gold or stuff.

I still find myself going in cycles where I don't feel like playing much during the spring-fall seasons, and have closed 4 accounts since last summer. I do like to post here whether regardless of play time. :grouphug:

Things will probably dwindle down again this spring for me, so if you stick around, maybe you'll get lucky.

Feel free to PM with what you're looking for.