• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Sign-Up: Luna House Design Contest 2015

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This thread is the official place to sign-up for contestants in the Luna House Design Contest 2015.

(Only houses within Luna City Walls are qualified to enter!)

Deadline to sign-up is March 28th.

You must sign-up for the contest to count as a contestant! As of right now, the reward of 50 million gold pieces, and other prizes and items, will be divvied out to *ALL* participating contestants. The First Prize will get a significantly larger portion, say 30-40%. While Last Prize will get a small portion, say 5-10%. So everybody will earn a prize, as long as a few house design rules are followed.

Disqualification:

There are very few design rules for the contest. Houses will be encouraged to have tan-colored walls and red roofs, so that Luna City has a design theme. The template is easy to see in a few houses (including mine) already placed in Luna. However you do *NOT* need to follow the Luna template. In which case, if you are very adept at designing houses, can design whatever you want. The design template is encouraged to allow mediocre or bad house designers, still participate in the contest and win a prize.

Disqualification will occur if you do not sign-up by the sign-up date, if you do not design your house by the design date, and if you create some atrocious (really bad) house design, or if you own a "BOX HOUSE", a house with 4 walls, 4 stories, and a roof. Those houses will receive no prizes at all. Those are the houses I'm hoping will change, through the contest.

House Design Deadline is May 4th.

The design due date will be May 4th, "May the 4th Be With You!" Everybody will need to submit their final house design by then. During which, I will take screenshots of designated contestant plots, and then they will go to judgment. The judgment process is not yet finalized. And it is subject to change.

As of right now, I (Apollyon) am the only judge and final judge in the contest. My alt characters and plots will not win rewards in the contest. I have no friends nor allies in the contest. So none of the reward prize will go back to me. All of it will go to contestants.

A final message:

Sign-up in this thread, and if you like, post a screenshot of your plot location, for the contest. This will be used in the final judgment.

Last edited:

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi ApollyonSP,
so let me be the first, who signs up for this contest.
This is my plot... and i will work on a Luna design.
I will post the final design before 4 of May.
Best Regards
Ensam Hemma
Unbenannt.JPG

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Welcome "I Was There", good luck!

Stay tuned this week because I'm going to give a final update about house design suggestions soon.

Avariel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hiya =)
I'd like to enter the contest. 2 entries. Tink's Tree House and Magic Academy. Thank you :snoopy:
Glad to know we have until May to finish the decorating... WOOT!!!
I'm sorry I was told that this was the right place to sign up. I'd done it on Announcement. >.< my bad

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Three Contestants as of March 12th,
Avariel entering two plots,
For a total of 4 plot entries thus far!

Here are the current entries:

#1 Ensam Hemma
#2 Avariel (Tink's Tree House)
#3 Avariel (Magic Academy)
#4 Troop_Gil

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'd like to sign up my house for the contest as well.
It's the 2nd house on the right when you leave luna's mint to the west.
House is named 'Fortress'

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What will be the next steps? - Shall we lead you around on the 4th? Or will you check the spots alone?

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Is the judging still on May 4th?
YES, on May 4th I will walk around Luna and take screenshots of the entree's houses.

The judging will occur within 1-2 weeks thereafter. First place will get the largest prize. Last place will get the smallest prize.

Troop_Gil

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I did my best. Houses are not my best thing to do. :sad3: My house is owned by Timur and is on the SW side near the corner.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
House Contestant #1

http://i61.***********/2z9k0gi.jpg

House Contestant #2

http://i59.***********/k5662g.jpg

House Contestant #3

http://i59.***********/im2h4l.jpg

House Contestant #4

http://i57.***********/jb1dn8.jpg

House Contestant #5

http://i60.***********/notx6u.jpg

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi ApollyonSP,

is this the winning order? - Or just an info about contestants?

A little info about "my design"
I know you might just look on house building style. But for me a design is much more then just a roof and some walls below. - The house needs to tell a story. :)
So to explain in short my design: I tried to be as much conform with the Luna Bank Style as possible. - Unfortunatelly i could not find all of that nice deco which is in Luna bank.
But at least i created the floors same style like in bank, even with the stairs going up there, pillars, etc. Ground floor worker aera and private bank. First floor sleeping rooms. Upstairs i put something that was missing in my openion in luna. A nice restaurant/inn for relaxing. :)

I hope Avariel will tell us a bit about her houses too. - I like the style she build them up.

Avariel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
G'morning :heart:

I see that you only took outside pics. The magic academy house contestant 2 will probably need some explaining... Well story behind it is... I wanted to have a school of magic house, with matching vendor. Each section is for a different magic discipline, looks sorta patchwork if you didn't understand I think. o_O So ground Floor is for Necromancy with Alchemy and Poisoning :stir: and the other side is for Magery and Scribe. Second Floor is Arcanist, white and purdy and other side Mystic so nature..:grin: Tippity Top is for Imbueing which is sorta in the schools, pretty ice blue melting from all the heat the forge makes LOL. :flame:I dressed my Vendors as mages from those schools and will try fill them up with those things from there disciplines as I go. It was an added bonus to learn how Siege buys from the wall side so I placed my plot so it could be seen from behind the walls... *happy dance* :danceb:

Avariel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Morning again :heart:

Tink's Treehouse... I love the Fey. It was fun. I love pretty things. Inside of the treehouse is pretty small, but cozy. Fey don't need alot of room :grouphug:
I made the Fey vendor bags resemble nature. Items are hanging off the trees inside. In 2d. :tongue: Wish I could have wings and the sound they make when you click on the vendors.

Avariel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Oh.. sorry it's to you Troop... tag you are it *giggles* From the amazing pictures from Fogbane, you can see your house is decorated in royal purples and greens... so pretty.... Regal. :popcorn: I'd like to hear about your house.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The pictures are not in order of who won the contest, yet.

However Troop's house design will be disqualified on account of it being a "BOX HOUSE" with 4 walls, no dimension, and no roofing.

Troop will be given one more week to complete his design, otherwise he may receive only 1 million gold, on behalf of his house having the sandstone tan colored wall to match the luna theme.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning again :heart:

Tink's Treehouse... I love the Fey. It was fun. I love pretty things. Inside of the treehouse is pretty small, but cozy. Fey don't need alot of room :grouphug:
I made the Fey vendor bags resemble nature. Items are hanging off the trees inside. In 2d. :tongue: Wish I could have wings and the sound they make when you click on the vendors.
I like this house a lot. I think you did a swell job with it. Really like the lanterns in the tree. :D

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is a lovely home, does it have a Mailbox?
*edit* nevermind, I finally opened my eyes and saw the mailbox. well there you go @ApollyonSP you can drop off the winnings in their mailboxes.

Last edited:

Chump Thumper

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I have been a friend of appolyon or associate since i came to siege he was always nice to me. Sadly like others probably I saw this coming. This contest has been prolonged way to long.

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I will turn mine into a flat plot soon if Appolyon does not show up.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I certainly won't hold my breath. Seems odd though. For someone to blaze in buy (what had to have been an expensive plot) a Luna spot and then start a house contest. Then *poof*.

Hope he is ok :)

-Val'lyn

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wait until my new design comes out. :devil:

Last edited:

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still believe that ApollyonSP is just away for some time, had not the time to read this thread, but when he comes back he will end this discussion honorable.

Chump Thumper

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I still believe that ApollyonSP is just away for some time, had not the time to read this thread, but when he comes back he will end this discussion honorable.
Honorable would be to get on here and say hey guys sorry rl is busy Ill get it as soon as I'm back.. Just saying unless hes in a third world country with no internet. really no excuse to maintain any said Honor.

Ol MacDeezy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
how can any of you even begin to speak negatively about this player without knowing his situation?....maybe someone died in his family or maybe some has cancer or any other of numerous possibilities that take precedence over explaining himself to you people about his absence or dishing out some pixel rewards......

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I second that Ol MacDeezy. - Haven´t seen him in game for a long time, nor did he logged in his stratic account since 13. of May.
There can be always a reason, why one will not have the time to come back to uo.
And remember RL comes first!

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how can any of you even begin to speak negatively about this player without knowing his situation?....maybe someone died in his family or maybe some has cancer or any other of numerous possibilities that take precedence over explaining himself to you people about his absence or dishing out some pixel rewards......
or maybe this whole contest was just another method to troll like the other 90 % of his posts

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it may be, but for a shard thats so anti-troll, how can anyone begin to speculate?
Anyone can speculate. Aren't you in fact speculating that perhaps he was sick, or had a death or emergency in the family? :danceb: