• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another day, another IDOC

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This is getting pretty sad. A house a bit in back of mine went into danger of collapsing at server up, maybe even last night I am not sure.
I had some errands to do today so I couldn't stay by the keyboard. When I got home to check on it the house was still in danger. An hour later it dropped and I was there to pick it all up. No one else was there, it was like no one cared. Thousands of feather, ingots, boards even hundreds of stone, etc, etc. The usual stuff you find at drops.
I don't know what the grubbers got as I wasn't there in time to see it fall. From the looks of what I got they couldn't have walked away with much.
I don't like seeing the world I play in shrink in players numbers. Unlike yesterdays IDOC I don't think this player intends to return as he just left his/her house intact and let it decay.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's just how the world is in UO unfortunately, the community endlessly shrinks, with more IDOC's and more people leaving every day. The worst thing is we get almost none of those people back. The vast majority of returning players are from 10+ years ago in my experience running a guild that recruits returning players. New players are extremely rare too, and most of them end up leaving within 3 months. I'm not sure how much longer the game can keep going at this rate.....It's gotten pretty bad recently too, on Atlantic I only see about half the people I was seeing this time last year. Hopefully one day the game will recover, but if it doesn't at least we will always have our memories and friendships.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like any other MMO or online community, it ebbs and flows. Given its age, it's had a lot more changes in current than others.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's just how the world is in UO unfortunately, the community endlessly shrinks, with more IDOC's and more people leaving every day. The worst thing is we get almost none of those people back. The vast majority of returning players are from 10+ years ago in my experience running a guild that recruits returning players. New players are extremely rare too, and most of them end up leaving within 3 months. I'm not sure how much longer the game can keep going at this rate.....It's gotten pretty bad recently too, on Atlantic I only see about half the people I was seeing this time last year. Hopefully one day the game will recover, but if it doesn't at least we will always have our memories and friendships.
What's even more sad is some of these homes belong to people who play but more occasionally or have life issues that take them away for a bit and they are unaware because of the way the Account Management is that their account is even been closed... And they come back to find their home is gone... and all their things they held dear and kept paying for are now gone... and they simply can't make themselves return to UO.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
So true. And some of us occasionally consider leaving, but wait because we don't want to become just another nail in the coffin. :(

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I have quit many times, and have had a few houses fall over the years. All of them contained items that were important to me. I always come back though and I see and talk to a lot of people from the PVP side that have returned to the game over the past year. I get worried about the game at times...but it is still here and EA is still putting money into it. I doubt they see it shutting down any time in the very near future. I imagine that once EA prepares to throw in the towel and let the ship sink...it wont be hard to tell. They will cease to put money into the game. You wont hear about new EMs being hired or anything like that. So in my opinion don't worry yet...I imagine we still have at the minimum a few years left. And it is possible that I tell myself these things to keep from having anxiety :coco: issues about losing the game HAHA.

Also, as long as ATL realtor is paying for 50ish accounts we should be good lol. Maybe thats what we should all do...open a extra account or 2 just to help pay the bills :troll: :danceb:

Seelendolch

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Once the game hits steam a lot of people will probably start playing it. I know thats how i choose most of the games i play. Want a new game? See whats on steam first :)

Reactions: Vor

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I gave up trying to do IDOC's ..... there are FAR too many script bots doing it that I just wind up more frustrated than it's worth.