• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Most disappointing IDOC ever

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
A player I barely know left the game. Her house went through the stages to collapse today. I have been sitting on the house since last night. I thought if she accidently had a CC change I could rescue some of her things until she returned.
From 9 PM last night I sat on the house. I wasn't at the screen all the time because I knew when it went into danger of collapsing. And had an idea of when it would go poof. I was within 30 minutes as I saw it go.

What surprised me was nothing at all was left. Not a single item hit the ground. I knew she had some reward items in the house, Plants and decorations.
Is this the new IDOC then where nothing it left but the land? Gosh I miss the old days. There was only one other player there which was also disappointing.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you knew there was stuff in the house, chances are either #1 she removed all the stuff herself before she left the game, or #2 someone was co-owned and they took all the stuff before it fell.

Idoc's don't just delete stuff like that.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If you knew there was stuff in the house, chances are either #1 she removed all the stuff herself before she left the game, or #2 someone was co-owned and they took all the stuff before it fell.

Idoc's don't just delete stuff like that.
The part that confused me was that the 18sq dirt floored house(plot) was there. Could a co owner remove the plot? If someone went to all the trouble to empty out the house why leave the dirt plot? My friend said she was a very casual player and that her and her husband use to play regularly.

I know she had a topiary from 2004, beehive, fountain, mailbox, and this was just near the steps. Being that you can no longer see or access houses once they go into decay I couldn't tell what was there or not.

Last edited:

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I think now you must be right all the items in the house were removed. I say this because I just found another greatly worn and it is standing as it was built. When I found my friends it was just the bare plot and the custom house was removed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm guessing it must have fallen while you weren't looking and someone removed everything.

The only way you could find a plot there is if someone had come along and placed one. Which means the house fell while you weren't looking timer ran out on placing and someone placed. Would think you were gone longer than you thought you were.

When a house actually falls everything hits the ground... That ground becomes open to anyone but you can't place a house there for awhile... in about 20 min to 2 hours then you can place something there. So .... then someone placed and you came along to find a dirt plot.

But you missed the actual fall and getting anything as the scavengers picked it all up or the house deleted it when a new one was placed. Used to be that when you placed a house everything under it went under the house sign.... now when you place one most that stuff goes *poof*...

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm guessing it must have fallen while you weren't looking and someone removed everything.

The only way you could find a plot there is if someone had come along and placed one. Which means the house fell while you weren't looking timer ran out on placing and someone placed. Would think you were gone longer than you thought you were.

When a house actually falls everything hits the ground... That ground becomes open to anyone but you can't place a house there for awhile... in about 20 min to 2 hours then you can place something there. So .... then someone placed and you came along to find a dirt plot.

But you missed the actual fall and getting anything as the scavengers picked it all up or the house deleted it when a new one was placed. Used to be that when you placed a house everything under it went under the house sign.... now when you place one most that stuff goes *poof*...
Actually while I wasn't at the screen all of the 15 hours I was watching when it fell. I thought I had the time down to the last hour and I was watching for it to fall. When it did it was like *Poof* and then the empty spot. I never saw any grubbers, no scavengers. I have attended many idoc's over the years and this one was the weirdest. There wasn't a stray reagent, lantern, or anything. It was just like the house was never there.

Maybe I confused this ? the dirt 18 sq. is what I was watching fall. This was my first IDOC since the new rules and I thought the fact that it was a dirt plot just meant I couldn't see the actual house because OSI had made it private. The house sign had my friends name and house name on it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
NO a dirt house is a house that was put back to original or it was never built on. And generally when a house falls and goes IDOC it appears as normal as any house... has the structure and everything.

My guess is that your friend knowing she was leaving emptied her house and dropped it back to the bare plot giving herself a "refund" of all the construction costs. Personally if I were going to empty the house I'd just then demolish it and be done... But that's me.

Now as for a co-owner clearing it well they would have had to do that BEFORE it went into DECAY. Now once a house goes into Decay the friends and co-owner list is wiped. This means that if you had anything in there it will fall to the ground and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
NO a dirt house is a house that was put back to original or it was never built on. And generally when a house falls and goes IDOC it appears as normal as any house... has the structure and everything.

My guess is that your friend knowing she was leaving emptied her house and dropped it back to the bare plot giving herself a "refund" of all the construction costs. Personally if I were going to empty the house I'd just then demolish it and be done... But that's me.

Now as for a co-owner clearing it well they would have had to do that BEFORE it went into DECAY. Now once a house goes into Decay the friends and co-owner list is wiped. This means that if you had anything in there it will fall to the ground and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

You're right she must have emptied the house then left. Why she never demolished it is any ones guess. As I said this was my first IDOC under the new rules. I thought that when it went from public to private it was OSI's doing now I am not so sure. When I saw the dirt plot I thought that was what we were supposed to see now. I know better next time.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You're right she must have emptied the house then left. Why she never demolished it is any ones guess. As I said this was my first IDOC under the new rules. I thought that when it went from public to private it was OSI's doing now I am not so sure. When I saw the dirt plot I thought that was what we were supposed to see now. I know better next time.
Only time a house goes OSI is if the house has Vendors on it owned by people other than the owner of the house. Rented Vendors. Then at the end of it's first cycle to IDOC it goes OSI to give those Vendor owners the opportunity to remove the items from the vendor. If they don't the entire Vendor will then go into the hose sign at the end of the following IDOC stage and it will restart again.. now the Vendor owner can get the items out of the sign if they stop by.... but after that the whole house falls and everything in the house sign (ie in the moving crate) drops at what would be under the house sign. Typically this is how it works. Though sometimes the vendors go poof with the house after the second IDOC faze... just depends.

But now that houses can fall in as little as 2 days.... this doesn't give anyone much time to do anything.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Only time a house goes OSI is if the house has Vendors on it owned by people other than the owner of the house. Rented Vendors. Then at the end of it's first cycle to IDOC it goes OSI to give those Vendor owners the opportunity to remove the items from the vendor. If they don't the entire Vendor will then go into the hose sign at the end of the following IDOC stage and it will restart again.. now the Vendor owner can get the items out of the sign if they stop by.... but after that the whole house falls and everything in the house sign (ie in the moving crate) drops at what would be under the house sign. Typically this is how it works. Though sometimes the vendors go poof with the house after the second IDOC faze... just depends.

But now that houses can fall in as little as 2 days.... this doesn't give anyone much time to do anything.

I used the term OSI as they ( a game company) changes a house to private when it is in decay.