• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Thoughts on Studded Armor I made.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow... just now noticed the last piece wasn't exceptional. Joy.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Those sleeves might not cut it either.
The lack of stam inc on them kinda hurts.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Dex bonus on the armor isn't really needed, as you can get to 150 pretty easily with potions, even assume you get clumsy cast on you. I agree that you'd be better off with 10 Stam pieces.

If you put those items on a warrior - where do your HP come from?

Looks like you'd end up with a character with only 170 stamina, 13x hp ... but 100 something mana. Certainly sub-optimal for a sampire - perhaps workable for an archer.

In general, warriors need properties from 3 groups, so reforging with a "big" runic with 2 titles is not going to give you the best mix of properties, IMO. If I was making a mage suit - I'd probably use barbed kits. When I've made my warrior suits, I use spined, and optimize just the 1 property, then imbue the rest on.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Tuan i was not able to get clean 10 stam pieces in the last weeks anymore neither spined, copper or copper mallet. have you made any the last days?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tuan i was not able to get clean 10 stam pieces in the last weeks anymore neither spined, copper or copper mallet. have you made any the last days?
You need horned (leaves room to imbue) or full 6 charges on a barb kit.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I haven't tried recently. I have tried in the last weeks to make a new 100 HML broadsword with copper hammer. I've gone 0 for my last 36 or something attempts, which is much more than it usually takes. It should not be possible with spined unless you want to go brittle.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NuSair I'd buy that first one if you want to sell it. The gorget.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dex bonus on the armor isn't really needed, as you can get to 150 pretty easily with potions, even assume you get clumsy cast on you. I agree that you'd be better off with 10 Stam pieces.

If you put those items on a warrior - where do your HP come from?

Looks like you'd end up with a character with only 170 stamina, 13x hp ... but 100 something mana. Certainly sub-optimal for a sampire - perhaps workable for an archer.

In general, warriors need properties from 3 groups, so reforging with a "big" runic with 2 titles is not going to give you the best mix of properties, IMO. If I was making a mage suit - I'd probably use barbed kits. When I've made my warrior suits, I use spined, and optimize just the 1 property, then imbue the rest on.
Slither (10) + Crimson (10) + who knows

Why only 130 HP?

I just wish I remember how I made these pieces, lol. I made them a few months ago.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Slither (10) + Crimson (10) + who knows

Why only 130 HP?

I just wish I remember how I made these pieces, lol. I made them a few months ago.

I guess I'm not willing to assume that everyone's got a full set of arties laying around. With those, then 145 is no problem.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, they aren't laying around, but I have the gold and/or time to try and get a drop.

Whatever it takes to make the suit.