• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] total buyers market

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so everytime an item is dropped there are a lot of them for sale. i just wanted to say that im a fan of the 24 hr auction method scribbles has recently employed... much better than 3 or 4 peeps constantly trying to undercut each other for a sale. buyers set the price currently. just my belief, some may disagree.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The 24 hour vendor sales run by @Peekay are also awesome. It's great to be able to buy items for a fair price, quickly off a vendor without having to wade through the ocean of "buy mine" threads that pop up every time an item drops.

starcraft

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so everytime an item is dropped there are a lot of them for sale. i just wanted to say that im a fan of the 24 hr auction method scribbles has recently employed... much better than 3 or 4 peeps constantly trying to undercut each other for a sale. buyers set the price currently. just my belief, some may disagree.
You got it man.

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I like the 24 hour sale too but what I would like even more is that everyone get on the same page when it comes to selling something. If you put an item up for sale with a price in mind then set a ballpark reserve. Don't waste other people's time if you want to take offers and then decide not to sell b/c it is not what you were looking for in way of a sell price. If you are unsure of a price then mark the item as (Price Check) on your thread post. There are plenty of people here with different areas of specialization in background info on rares that will help or know of people to ask for help. It just irks me that over the past few months I've seen posts up for offers and then upon a certain period of time or ending period the item is pulled when other people have engaged in the OP's thread. I get it that we all look to make the most we can (most times) when putting something up for sale here but we also come here to these boards to also find good deals.

OK, with that said I can say I am enjoying seeing the market dip in price a little bit. It allows more people to get involved in buying/selling items. I've enjoyed seeing names (new and old) that have started popping up on the rares forums lately. More people involved means more activity in the rares community which is a WIN WIN for everyone.

For the most part, the people involved in this forum have enjoyed collecting rares which has made this game fun for us. Lets keep it going that way.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the 24 hour sale too, another style of selling, but its very risky without a reserve. You also risk others pming or icqing the second highest bidder to sell to "steal" your bidders if it reaches a decent pricepoint. Buyers can also become frustrated because they think the same item will sell again at the price it went at the 24 hour sale, which is usually not the case. those sales go cheap, and are for liquidating items. Most people who actually collect would rather hold onto items than meet the low price of one of these flash sales. That being said, ill probably use that method eventually myself sometime.

Last edited:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I generally won't even bid on an auction that has a "refuse the right to sell if bid is too low ... blah blah".

If you have a min price in mind and are determined to auction in hopes of getting more than that amount, put that price as the starting bid and don't waste your time and the time of those bidding on your auction.

This is one of my top 5 pet peeves in this game.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I generally won't even bid on an auction that has a "refuse the right to sell if bid is too low ... blah blah".

If you have a min price in mind and are determined to auction in hopes of getting more than that amount, put that price as the starting bid and don't waste your time and the time of those bidding on your auction.

This is one of my top 5 pet peeves in this game.
Agreed, problem we run into is that the minimum people are willing to sell for is usually more than they purchased it for (if purchased) or is equal to the immediate sales price (which is always inflated). Cause the item to sit...

Or - no offense to those who have created a chart for price comparisons, but trying to say every 20 drop is worth a set price and it increases as the rarity increases... This is where I say it's pixels, let's have a little more fun and be a little less business minded. I won't ruin a friendship over 50mil!

I agree with @Restless and @Assia Penryn - combine the 2...
24 hour auction with a minimum bid - low enough to create buzz, but high enough to be satisfied with the initial offer if only 1 offer is obtained.

Attorney by trade! Love this kind of stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Haha

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, problem we run into is that the minimum people are willing to sell for is usually more than they purchased it for (if purchased) or is equal to the immediate sales price (which is always inflated). Cause the item to sit...

Or - no offense to those who have created a chart for price comparisons, but trying to say every 20 drop is worth a set price and it increases as the rarity increases... This is where I say it's pixels, let's have a little more fun and be a little less business minded. I won't ruin a friendship over 50mil!

I agree with @Restless and @Assia Penryn - combine the 2...
24 hour auction with a minimum bid - low enough to create buzz, but high enough to be satisfied with the initial offer if only 1 offer is obtained.

Attorney by trade! Love this kind of stuff!

Oh I know that many "reserves" are higher than the market... but then it simply doesn't get a bid and the seller has a choice to put it back up with a lowered reserve or hold onto it and try again later. At least there isn't a dozen people who are following it, tying up gold and the sellers doesn't have to update a bunch of stuff that doesn't end up mattering

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What kind of 24 hour auction are you referring to?

I have seen some where the item is only on sale for a 24 hours and also another style (Scribbles) where if there are no bids for 24 hours the high bidder wins.

Both have pros and cons. Some people may only get on Stratics certain days and miss the auction if its only 24 hours. Then the "no bid for 24 hours and you win" could actually go on for longer (unless there is a set end date which would then defeat the whole 24 hour bids thing.)

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Always have been a fan of the 24 hour with no bid goes to winner... People can't be on every 15 mins of the day sometimes. Even though months ago i ranted bout a 15 min rule sniper and i got crap for it. Heh. @capt norrington with love. Seems to be catching on... :)........

Keeps people from waiting till the last second like ebay.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The 24 hr auction seems to be the truest way to get a fair market value. With EMs dropping "rares" like the world is going to end tomorrow... it seems to me that a 150m reserve 24 hr auction will be the preferred way to buy and sell. I really dont care about selling an item for less than what it used to get... Ill get 4 more almost every week it seems.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The 24 hr auction seems to be the truest way to get a fair market value. With EMs dropping "rares" like the world is going to end tomorrow... it seems to me that a 150m reserve 24 hr auction will be the preferred way to buy and sell. I really dont care about selling an item for less than what it used to get... Ill get 4 more almost every week it seems.
Couldn't agree more!