• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] WOW just WOW

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must say who ever "Solus" is on atl WOW that is a beautiful collection you have there was looking around the house for ages taking it all in soooooooo many different items in there congrats one day ill get there hehe

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And i was then pointed in the direction of @Olcher Castle and again i must Say WOW two amazing collection i have seen didnt get time to look through all of olcher's things still have over half to go lots of things i didnt even know existed

slippjeem

Looking for a whispering rose for Little
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I keep a public runebook of good rares house I find and not all the houses are same shard but the book is hehel;o)

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excuse me being relatively new to the game how does one go about getting these items?

Thank you
each (or most) shards have an event moderator and they conduct storyline events on occasion. approximately once a month these events have a chance to spawn those items in a players pack. EM schedules can normally be found in the event moderator section of this site. (pro tip, melee normally isnt advised)

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excuse me being relatively new to the game how does one go about getting these items?

Thank you
Over the past 18 years there have been 1,000-2,000 different items in various quantities that's considered "rares" in this game. The name is used loosely as well as ranging in value from 10k to 10+ billion GP.

I suggest you visit this site often and read the other posts and stickies to acquaint yourself with this subject.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thank you

As Manti said... there are many, many items considered to fall under the term "rares". Some are from EM events, others are no longer obtainable in-game and must be purchased from another player or found in an IDOC.

My suggestion is to pick a theme that you can feel passionate about and start there. There are many, many items that are very affordable and inexpensive. A collection doesn't have to be expensive to be impressive. Some folks collect all things shiny, me I've always been partial to the collections that have passion behind them.

Is there a particular skill you enjoy? ex: Collect all things to do with sewing and tailoring - asian bod cloth/bolts are a good place to start.
A specific creature in-game? ex: Collect all things to do with dragons - dragon stuffys... cats - black cat statue... e
Like to read books? Collect them in-game! ex: there are edition books available in-game still and are really challenging to build a complete set on.
Like a certain color?
Do you like to garden?
Do you prefer a certain town?
Do you have favorite season or holiday?
Do you like weapons? Collect special types of those?
Have a special hobby in RL? Collecting rocks/crystals? Do it here too... like old documents? UO has those too... like eating candy? Oh boy is there candy..
Do you love pirates? Vampires? etc...

The best thing to do is find your passion... find what you ENJOY and start there. After you think of a few areas of focus, I'd be happy to brainstorm with you on some items you can start collecting and then you can start aiming for the more expensive. There is one player who collects all things to do with Jukan Culture... and another does smithing related... both of their collections are amazing to me. :heart:

My ICQ is 465-972-004 if you have any questions or you can also PM me here. Good luck, Messy!

Messy boy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
As Manti said... there are many, many items considered to fall under the term "rares". Some are from EM events, others are no longer obtainable in-game and must be purchased from another player or found in an IDOC.

My suggestion is to pick a theme that you can feel passionate about and start there. There are many, many items that are very affordable and inexpensive. A collection doesn't have to be expensive to be impressive. Some folks collect all things shiny, me I've always been partial to the collections that have passion behind them.

Is there a particular skill you enjoy? ex: Collect all things to do with sewing and tailoring - asian bod cloth/bolts are a good place to start.
A specific creature in-game? ex: Collect all things to do with dragons - dragon stuffys... cats - black cat statue... e
Like to read books? Collect them in-game! ex: there are edition books available in-game still and are really challenging to build a complete set on.
Like a certain color? Red
Do you like to garden? No
Do you prefer a certain town? New haven
Do you have favorite season or holiday? Christmas
Do you like weapons? Collect special types of those? Staff
Have a special hobby in RL? Collecting rocks/crystals? Do it here too... like old documents? UO has those too... like eating candy? Oh boy is there candy..playing games
Do you love pirates? Vampires? etc...who doesn't

The best thing to do is find your passion... find what you ENJOY and start there. After you think of a few areas of focus, I'd be happy to brainstorm with you on some items you can start collecting and then you can start aiming for the more expensive. There is one player who collects all things to do with Jukan Culture... and another does smithing related... both of their collections are amazing to me. :heart:

My ICQ is 465-972-004 if you have any questions or you can also PM me here. Good luck, Messy!
Ok thanks for the tips so has anyone got a red Christmas staff I can use in new haven to send the vampiric pirates back to the games they once played? :)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok thanks for the tips so has anyone got a red Christmas staff I can use in new haven to send the vampiric pirates back to the games they once played? :)

Try throwing down garlic on the ground... they might react. I don't fancy the way many play their vampires these days, but I have enjoyed rping one in my own snobby manner in my youth.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where is Olchers?
These are all on Atlantic

Olchere = Tram = outside of Vesper = 82 53N, 121 8E

Souls = Abyss Dungeon = use teleporter at Decandence house South East Luna

Madison = Tram = New Magincina = (3 18x18 side by side the largest on Atlantic) = 45 26S, 171 4E

WootSauce = Tram = most complete footware EM related items = 94 51N, 3 39W, located on an island next to a shrine

Recall = Ter mur = amazing high end rubble collection and most creative, must see levels in the sky (accessible via wooden stair steps in the back 2 of them)= 168 13S, 30 9W

Treasure Trove = Trammel = older EM items = 33 45S, 49 59E

Also there are many smaller collections within the walls of Luna that are public.

There are also a few that are private atm.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Madison = Tram = New Magincina = (3 18x18 side by side the largest on Atlantic) = 45 26S, 171 4E

WootSauce = Tram = most complete footware EM related items = 94 51N, 3 39W, located on an island next to a shrine

Recall = Ter mur = amazing high end rubble collection and most creative, must see levels in the sky (accessible via wooden stair steps in the back 2 of them)= 168 13S, 30 9W

Also there are many smaller collections within the walls of Luna that are public.

Mine!! :D

West Zento! :D

LoneWolf/Montaj

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

Mine is right next door to Madison's & Dregg's in New Mag...Come by any time! :party: