• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] BEWARE Old A magic Titled Weapons

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just Logged in & found 6 out 7 A magic weapons On my vendor @Scribbles rare vendor place had there titles renamed ..the A Magic was removed from them ..So if you have any REMOVE them from vendors I saved my katana ...SMH

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Happens when someone uses the skill Item Identification on the items.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This can happen on vendors, equipped, locked down and in trade windows. They have never been safe to display or sell unfortunately. It is why they aren't worth very much despite their age.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This can happen on vendors, equipped, locked down and in trade windows. They have never been safe to display or sell unfortunately. It is why they aren't worth very much despite their age.
damn even equipped?? *hides his magical double blessed wizard hat*

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh I did Not know this ...:eek::darkside::saberduel:

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it "a magical wizard's hat"? because if so, it might not apply, as that's what wizards hats bought from npc mages are labeled (and not the same as other magic labeled loot). I would suggest copying it to test and trying it out, my guess would be its safe to wear.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The magical wizard hats are different. The magical is part of the name of the item. "A magic broadsword"... "A magic dagger" are from another origin.

Those are from when a loooooong time ago all the magic items that came as loot was unidentified. So you didn't know the properties until you used item identification as a skill or one of those nifty item id staffs/wands. Now the only ones that survived pre-aos properties expansion with any true dignity were slayers which have the magic tag, we lost all our "supremely accurate", etc tags for a bunch of numbers. Using item id on an item works just like it did so very long ago and unfortunately ruins the item.

Should they be worth more than 100k? Absolutely, but unfortunately not only is it unsafe to sell an item, but you can show it off either in your house or equipped. There are still some of us that have some in hopes they will one day be able to be displayed.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah i got a bag full i think i sold on a vendor for a couple mills

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the heads up - I have about 10 old magic weapons and a magic tambourine locked down in a chest. Never bothered to try to sell them and now I won't.