• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I find my houses?

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi there.

When one of my long time buddies quit the game 10+ years ago they gave me 2 of their accounts because I love the game!

Anyways they told me that both of the accounts had 5 houses on Sonoma, 5 on Pacific, 5 on Atlantic, 5 on Lake Superior and 5 on Yamato and a bunch of random houses on other servers.

So my question is how do I find these houses? I know where 1 of them is on Sonoma because I have been there many times. I went thru every rune on every character on Sonoma and they either go to cities or dungeon entrances.

My main server is Sonoma.

Thanks in advance!

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in short... you have alot of running to do.. and alot.of house signs to double click

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah that's what i'm afraid of.
I guess i'll have to get started.....hehe

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, if they let their accounts go inactive and didn't pay for them, there's a good chance the houses fell.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If he gave you two accounts it would be two houses. 1 house per shard per account. You can also have an extra house on Siege but who cares about that?

Good luck

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Not necessarily - if he had grandfathered houses, he could have 5 on an account.

Have you considered asking them for rough ideas of where the houses are?

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they are grandfathered houses, then they will all be old style, so at least you won't have to be checking house signs for any custom houses.
Have you been paying for the accounts the entire 10 years? If not, then almost certainly they have fallen.
I agree about asking your friend if he remembers anything about where any of them might be.
I also don't remember when, but there was a period when grandfathered houses had to be manually refreshed, so if the accounts were given to you at this time or before, and noone was refreshing the houses, then they will probably have fallen. I lost my grandfathered houses that way. I would forget to refresh them all.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If they are grandfathered houses, then they will all be old style, so at least you won't have to be checking house signs for any custom houses.
Have you been paying for the accounts the entire 10 years? If not, then almost certainly they have fallen.
I agree about asking your friend if he remembers anything about where any of them might be.
I also don't remember when, but there was a period when grandfathered houses had to be manually refreshed, so if the accounts were given to you at this time or before, and noone was refreshing the houses, then they will probably have fallen. I lost my grandfathered houses that way. I would forget to refresh them all.
Grandfathered houses can be customized.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grandfathered houses can be customized.
Hmm, my mistake. For some reason I remember trying and it telling me I would have to make my house primary, which would have made my others condemned. I apparently have a horrible memory, my apologies.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the replies!

The accounts have never missed a monthly payment and if I remember correctly it was after they changed it from having to refresh the houses all the time. The one house that I know of the sign says grandfathered. Back in the day I asked him where some of the houses might be and he said all of the houses are either on the water or a couple screens from the water. He was a big fisherman and had many characters with some sort of fishing/fighting combo.

I just hope that there is a castle out there somewhere that I have been paying for all of this time! Hehe

I lost 18 houses on Yamato back in the day on my accounts when I refreshed the houses then they did a revert or something and lost them all!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well on the plus side, you only need to search Fel for the houses as that's the only place the grandfathered homes would be.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went thru every rune on those accounts and they only go to cities or dungeon entrances.

I have runes to all of my houses on my other accounts and thought that was normal.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do all those runes go to where they say they do? I remember being told not to call a home rune 'home'.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well on the plus side, you only need to search Fel for the houses as that's the only place the grandfathered homes would be.
If I remember correctly, the housing changes came in 2 phases.

First, the devs implemented the '1 house per shard' edict. Then they ruled 1 house per account.

In between those implementations, grandfathered houses could be in either Trammel or Felucca.

When the dev team announced they were moving to the 'one house per account' rule I placed as many houses as I could on various shards. I ended up with 11 Fel houses and 2 Trammel houses on one account.

Kayhynn is right. Since you have 5 houses on a given shard, you should only need to search Fel for the houses. If you want to send me a PM with the character names I'll help you search Sonoma. I've just started doing trade deals and I am doing alot of running through the lands.

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So..you got these accounts 10 years ago and you're just now looking for the houses? o_O

If you need help searching I would be more then happy to help if you have all the character names that could possibly be on the house sign...running around looking at houses is fun anyway :)

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
do all those runes go to where they say they do? I remember being told not to call a home rune 'home'.
I checked them all and they all go to cities or dungeon entrances. Back in the day I also named my house runes "Trinsic Bank #1" and my Trinsic bank runes were all named "Home." Hehe

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So..you got these accounts 10 years ago and you're just now looking for the houses?
Because i'm a slacker! :D
I was busy with all of my other accounts and stuff in real life that I actually forgot about them.

Thank you Angel of Sonoma and Larisa for your offers to help find them! I am going to give it a shot and try to find them because I like the challenge!

I think the big challenge will be to find the houses on the other shards. It is really weird to think I have accounts that have houses all over that I don't know about. The good thing though is that the houses should only be in Felucca!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah it'll be like a scavenger hunt..that would be pretty awesome lol, good luck! :)

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just a question if you sold a grand fatherd house does it stay that way?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
just a question if you sold a grand fatherd house does it stay that way?
No. Grandfathered ties to account allowing you to have multiple houses. If you sell/trade said house, then it just becomes a regular house.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well some good news! I found 3 houses this week!

The first 2 houses were in a little clearing within the big map view of the water and the 3rd one was right on the coast. I went thru all of the items in the houses and they each had a copy of the runebooks that the characters had on them that go to cities/dungeons. In the 3rd house there was a rune locked down that went to the clearing that the first 2 are in. Wish I would of found the 3rd house first! Hehe

The houses were all packed with SOS bottles and a bunch of fishing nets so I will be super busy in the future on SOS runs!

I still have a ton of land to cover but the search continues!

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More good news!
I found another house on account "A" so now that account is up to 4 houses on Sonoma. I also found a house on account "B" so that is up to 1 for that account on Sonoma.

Both of the houses were totally full of SOS's and a runebook to cities/dungeon entrances! Woohoo!

Once I finish covering the whole map i'll go to the other shards and check the same places that I found houses on Sonoma.

Wish me luck!