• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we get "not antique" added to vendor search filters please

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
With the vendor search under "miscellaneous" you can select things like not cursed, not brittle etc to filter these items out. Could we get "not antique" added to this if possible.

Thanks.
This!!!

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Agreed. Better yet can we just get rid of the mod all together. :D
Yes, please. I've stopped hunting because of those silly properties. Adding Durability to jewelry was the straw that broke the camel's back! :mad2:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yes, please. I've stopped hunting because of those silly properties. Adding Durability to jewelry was the straw that broke the camel's back! :mad2:
Agreed. Better yet can we just get rid of the mod all together. :D
Yes pick brittle or antique. 2 mods that make items useless is too many. I would prefer they kept antique is they must, but brittle added to that mix is just too much. Replica can take a hike also.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
To me anything marked "Antique" or "Brittle" or "Cursed" unless I'm on Siege is GARBAGE. I won't even bother picking it up let alone putting it on a vendor.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To me anything marked "Antique" or "Brittle" or "Cursed" unless I'm on Siege is GARBAGE. I won't even bother picking it up let alone putting it on a vendor.
I'm ok with brittle items as some of the stats you can find on the parts are hard to ignore. These brittle legendary parts are ideal to built suits around. However the tag "brittle" just sounds horrible and does not fit for me.

I've not used any antique parts and the same goes for cursed and I don't think I would unless a light use character. I agree with the comments about adding durability to jewels, I liked them without durability because if you found some amazing 11 mod ones its kinda cool to know they will last forever.

I wonder if there are any plans to give reforging a bit of a bump to keep up with some of this new loot.

What do you guys think, should crafted items be able to be made as powerful as the loot, or should loot items always be more powerful? I'm referring to intensity when I say powerful.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I don't think changing the name of brittle is that big of an improvement lol. Personally I don't use brittle, antique, or replica. I'm not going to build a suit around anything that's gonna be trash in a few months.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think changing the name of brittle is that big of an improvement lol. Personally I don't use brittle, antique, or replica. I'm not going to build a suit around anything that's gonna be trash in a few months.
I've been having a think and this is how I would of done it.

1. They should of made "antique" items drop with 255 durability and CAN be repaired but NOT powered (what brittle currently is). Non of this can only powder 3 times etc etc. Its just way over complicated (to some) for what it is.

2. Brittle items would spawn with 150 durability. CAN be repaired but not powdered. Kinda like [Replica] items are now, exactly the same I think.

3. Cursed. Leave it or keep it? Me personally, I would remove it. I guess people on Siege would want to keep it though.

4. Prized is OK as it is.

5. Massive (125 strength requirement) is a joke. At least make us be able to enhance with lower requirements to drop it down. Most people would use a forged tool to enhance so that = $$ from the store.

6. Unwieldy (50 stone items). Might as well remove them.

7. "clean" items remain as they are. CAN be repaired and CAN be powered. Also allow us to powder jewels as long as they are clean or prized.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree with not wanting to bother with Antique armor.
Doesn't Brittle have the same qualities as Imbued? The should just rename it "Can't Be Powdered" or something

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reading this thread, I thought, if we could just have a box and the ability to check and un-check for the different curses. done. :shots: just cuz I like shots.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
I'm ok with brittle items as some of the stats you can find on the parts are hard to ignore. These brittle legendary parts are ideal to built suits around. However the tag "brittle" just sounds horrible and does not fit for me.

I've not used any antique parts and the same goes for cursed and I don't think I would unless a light use character. I agree with the comments about adding durability to jewels, I liked them without durability because if you found some amazing 11 mod ones its kinda cool to know they will last forever.

I wonder if there are any plans to give reforging a bit of a bump to keep up with some of this new loot.

What do you guys think, should crafted items be able to be made as powerful as the loot, or should loot items always be more powerful? I'm referring to intensity when I say powerful.
Loot should be put back to what we had before Publish 73.

Then crafting should be revamped so it would be more simple. Combine imbuing and reforging and make a menu that let us decide the intensities.

Adding properties within the normal loot intensities e.g. 20% LRC, could cost 5 charges from a dull copper runic/spined runic + some materials.
Adding properties above normal loot intensities e.g. 30% LRC, 2 FC or 100% HLL would cost more charges and more materials.

Making artifact like items would require higher level tools.

With low level runics you could add up to the maximum of 6 properties (within the current weight system).
Mid level runics woul allow you to add up to the maximum of 8 properties (within the current weight system).
High level runics woul allow you to add up to the maximum of 10 properties (within the current weight system).

Ok?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does prized mean on an item?
Here is a full list from the patch notes:

The following negative item properties can now be found on magic items:

Brittle – Cannot have powder of fortification applied to the item

Prized – Item insurance cost is increased, cannot be blessed

Massive – Increased strength requirement, indicated in the strength requirement item property

Unwieldy – Increased item weight, indicated in the weight item property

Cursed – Cannot be insured or blessed

Antique – Increased durability loss, can be powdered 3 times. Each powder will reduce max durability to 250, 200, and 150 respectively. Can be repaired.

Items spawned with the brittle property will have a default max durability of 255.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the vendor search under "miscellaneous" you can select things like not cursed, not brittle etc to filter these items out. Could we get "not antique" added to this if possible.

Thanks.
This is a good idea :)

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If Antique CAN be repaired... whats the big deal? Is the increased durability loss taken from the overall durability? (IE does it go from 255/255 to 254/254 etc) Or can you not go a whole night without it reaching zero? (IE after an hour of play its at 0/255 and then starts eating at the overall as per normal)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If Antique CAN be repaired... whats the big deal? Is the increased durability loss taken from the overall durability? (IE does it go from 255/255 to 254/254 etc) Or can you not go a whole night without it reaching zero? (IE after an hour of play its at 0/255 and then starts eating at the overall as per normal)
it wears down about 10 times as fast as regular. So, depending on your template / playstyle it can last a long time. I use antique on 1 pvm character that takes heavy damage. get about 45min - 2 hours out of a max dura item before i have to repair.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it wears down about 10 times as fast as regular. So, depending on your template / playstyle it can last a long time. I use antique on 1 pvm character that takes heavy damage. get about 45min - 2 hours out of a max dura item before i have to repair.
Thanks @Smoot , seeing as they can be repaired, i was curious as to why so many consider them useless.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Thanks.
Would be great if we could get the property names to display on the items with a weight of 50 stones, and a strength requirement of 125 as well, of course with them added to the list of things to the vendor search, I believe they are "Unwieldy" = 50 stone weight, & "Massive" = 125 str requirement... I might have them switched around.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Antique items can not be enhanced also. Only thing I hate about it. Besides the warning gump when unravelling it.

Neg properties I would like seen gone first. The mod slot sucking higher durability and lower STR requirement. Nightsite runs close second to those two top runners. Things that stop a player from customizing gear to fit is what hurts. Not being able to Imbue reverse -100 luck on a 5 mod item becuase it counts as one those mods tends to blow.

As touched on about making tool sales. That should be the path, even if I think getting that tool outside the game is bull's nuts on a field mouse wrong.

Removing any the other negs is just for those with uber suits already. They are bored and need an easier button addition. Cursed should show up more often. Low chance even on special drops. And added to the game a way to turn "Cursed" into "Prized Antique" with a chance of breakage.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks @Smoot , seeing as they can be repaired, i was curious as to why so many consider them useless.
Using an Antique item just on say a mage.... just wearing it..... and casting spells not actually fighting anything..... it QUICKLY loses durability and needs fixed... Not taking any damage at all or doing anything other than casting say "invis" on yourself...

THAT is why I don't or WON'T pick it up and think it's complete garbage. Fine for unraveling not fine for anything of use.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
basically, antique is trash except for jewels. (theres just no other alternative available for that weight level pushing 1k) jewels have no brittle property (actually the are all brittle) and the only jewels right now breaking the 300mil range are antique legendaries. im sure clean ones do exist, but about 1000 legendary antique for every 1 clean jewel, and that 1 clean one will most likly have trash mods :p

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it all depends on your play style and howmany soul stones you have LOL to move skills around on your character using different types of armour.
For example if your having fun PVP then cursed is out the door as useable, but if your fighting PVM under certain situations I believe doable. What you can do is to have a number of uninsured items in your back pack such as potions small amounts of gold. The thing that killed you would most likely go after that first, if you were killed by range attack you may not even be looted at all.
Brittle from experience so far lasts pretty long and is repairable so unless your playing all the time those pieces should last for a long time.
Prized is of course the best who really cares about the cost of insurance anymore?
Antique I still save the really insane type pieces and may one day try some out.
With imbuing runics/reforge and thenew types of loot there are endless ways to go as far as what types of outfit to wear depending on the mob or for PVP.
So if they have the search set up which is more refined such as cursed that you can then click on with a sub category so that you can pick legendary that might be helpful etc.

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Curious, i thought that antique jewels loss durabillityeven when training skills. I just spent at least 8 hours training chiv and lost no durabillity on the brac i was wearing.... did they change this or was I mistaken?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curious, i thought that antique jewels loss durabillityeven when training skills. I just spent at least 8 hours training chiv and lost no durabillity on the brac i was wearing.... did they change this or was I mistaken?
im really not sure, ive trained many skills and lost no durability as well. it could possibly be that if your not taking damage, but your healing a pet or person who is, the items take an amount of damage.

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that negative mods should stay. Part of the fun at the moment is hunting for that perfect item. No, cursed and antique armor doesn't have much of a use, but in the grand scheme of things these mods serve to balance the incredible loot being found with the new system.

I would agree, however, that the name "brittle" does seem to be misleading and might deserve a name change. The devs can't simply name it "imbued" though, because this term has been used on the clean-up item sets to signify that there is room to imbue more properties.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that negative mods should stay. Part of the fun at the moment is hunting for that perfect item.
Agreed, but I think the debate here is "does Antique make an item useless"

*edit* actually the start of this was "can we get a filter for antique added to search", once that was addressed, we took a sidetrack to another debate. lol

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that negative mods should stay. Part of the fun at the moment is hunting for that perfect item. No, cursed and antique armor doesn't have much of a use, but in the grand scheme of things these mods serve to balance the incredible loot being found with the new system.

I would agree, however, that the name "brittle" does seem to be misleading and might deserve a name change. The devs can't simply name it "imbued" though, because this term has been used on the clean-up item sets to signify that there is room to imbue more properties.
agreed. theres an overabundance of loot as it is, i give it 6 more months till the buyers have more than they could ever need and its wont be worth looting anything except an absolutely perfect item.

in my opinion, brittle should have had a durability of 100 - 150. This would also make Antique slightly more desirable for anything other than perfect legendargy jewels. UO is increasing geared towards pvm, and theres just no reason for most pvmers to actually need this stuff unless monsters in general are made much harder.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I love my brittle loot. With 255 durability, it will last for longer than I could care for.
And I agree with Smoot. I would still love it if it had a durability of 100/150. I don't quite get the desire to have loot that last forever, as once you find a really good piece, there is no incentive to look for another piece or a replacement piece, unless something new and better appears.

So far, I only had to replace two pieces of armour due to wear out, and those two were reforged with brittle and cannot be repaired and used when I was training my macer.
I have rebuilt armour to use new mods once they were pushed to prodo quite a few times, even though my older armour would still last me a few good years.

Negative mods are good to have around.

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Agreed, but I think the debate here is "does Antique make an item useless"

*edit* actually the start of this was "can we get a filter for antique added to search", once that was addressed, we took a sidetrack to another debate. lol
Aye you are correct, but I wanted to toss my hat in the ring as we took the corner to discuss the purpose of antique items

The suggestion that there be something to bump an item up a class is an interesting one-- maybe the devs could throw those amalgamators a bit more love and think of an item that could bump a cursed item to antique, or antique to brittle, at the expense of the item's max durability and a fair amount of dungeon grinding.

I'm also in agreement with @Smoot and @bealank, a lesser durability on brittle loot items seems like a good balance to keep the system running--as long as this is not a retroactive implementation

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically, it happens because you're not taking/giving "damage" (damage, in this case, also applies to debuff spells.) To put it another way: If you're casting spells in a house, but nobody's around to get hit by them, you don't lose durability. If you spam weaken on yourself, you'll lose durability. If you're fighting monsters & not taking damage, the durability will still go down.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Leave everything as is.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm 99% sure they also can't be blessed.
Thats correct. Can't bless them. I've never actually tried but the patch notes say:

"Prized – Item insurance cost is increased, cannot be blessed"

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Curious about powdering an antique item. So does this mean you can literally only hit it with three powder charges?

What have others been doing to maximize the useful life of their antique items? What durability are you powdering at?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bump!

Maybe they can add it to the new publish?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Maybe a normal button and a stuff I'll *NEVER* use button (imbued, antique, brittle, replica, etc) :p Although prized is ok if it must be. Don't want to be completely negative about the whole thing :)

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
+1 for all these ideas. Sometimes we are all looking for such specific things, it would really help to have more options.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe a normal button and a stuff I'll *NEVER* use button (imbued, antique, brittle, replica, etc) :p Although prized is ok if it must be. Don't want to be completely negative about the whole thing :)
There are lots of filters they could add.

I'd like to see "jewels only" or "not jewels" same for weapons etc.

Be good if I could put something like 10SSI then select to search only for jewels for example.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id like to see a filter for lmc armor inherent bonus as well.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'd just like them to maintain the current data base. Flush out the sold items and list the new items when they come out. Like when the new gift plates and such come out if they don't reboot the thing the new items won't show up.