• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PIRATES

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
HOLLY BLOOD HAND IS PREPARING TO ATTACK PITMUCK. HERZ SAYS DER TREASURES DER AND HERZ WANTS IT. PLEASE COME HELP DA GOBLINS REPEL HERZ ATTACK
looks like dey gets here by 2/7 saturday nites 8PM
DIS BEEES ON CHESSY

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
THE SCOUT SHIPS CAME TODAY BUT THEY LEFT INA HURRY
IN FACT ALLA DA PIRATES SHIPS SAILED AWAY
SO NO EVENT TOMORROW.
(EMS CAN NO LONGER HELP WITH PLAYER EVENTS) A BIG THANK YOU WHINERS

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Holly Bloodhand couldn't suppress a grin as she peered through her spyglass at Pitmuck, just on the horizon. Her ruse seemed to have been successful... the goblins were lowering their defenses. Once again, they'd all played right into her hands.

She'd had to adjust her tactics, certainly, when word of a Pitmuck pinworm outbreak had sent most of her human crews tucking tail and running like a pack of craven cowards. But Holly was clever and adaptable. They'd never see her new army coming. And what a bizarre army it was...

(EVENT IS STILL ON! Come help defend Pitmuck on Saturday, Feb 7th at 8PM EST!)

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is ridiculous. EM's are technically event moderators and player run events, well they are events by definition. The few Em's I "know" have always been happy to help to players when/if possible and within the rules. It seems more and more that the EM system is left in place mainly to serve greedy(deleted) xsharding multiboxers and rares collectors. There are at least a few of us left who are only in it as a game for fun (for now anyway)
I feel sorry for the EM's for having their hands tied, most of them are more interested in promoting fun and community than handing out shinys to those who feel entitled

I will NOT be attending the dev thingy this month for sure, it won't end well if I do .. lol

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well that figures, something came up and I wont be able to attend Pirate event *sighs* I hope I'm home by 10 my time for DWN event

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is ridiculous. EM's are technically event moderators and player run events, well they are events by definition. The few Em's I "know" have always been happy to help to players when/if possible and within the rules. It seems more and more that the EM system is left in place mainly to serve greedy(deleted) xsharding multiboxers and rares collectors. There are at least a few of us left who are only in it as a game for fun (for now anyway)
I feel sorry for the EM's for having their hands tied, most of them are more interested in promoting fun and community than handing out shinys to those who feel entitled

I will NOT be attending the dev thingy this month for sure, it won't end well if I do .. lol

Just my personal opinion but I think you SHOULD go and express YOUR opinion. All too often it's the negative opinions expressed that are heard. You have a voice and I think a clear, level headed voice. This game needs more of that.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish I could agree, but honestly I think it's just too late. We are beating a dead horse here. By being complacent and level headed we have allowed this happen. I don't see anything but occasional lip service from now on for the "honest" players that just run maybe 1 to 3 accounts.

In a way we also brought this on by creating the market for those who view UO now as a business and have RL interest vested in their sales

Ozog said it best and maybe he is right ... Dilligaf

Edit: The "honest" player was once the majority until driven off for a multitude of reasons. Seems to me that is who should be targeted for return to brit, not the 1% who run maybe 80% of the active the active subs now. Maybe, just maybe, there is some correlation there

Last edited:

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
it's sad this game has come to this. Rares rares rares. What happened to month long invasions and setting up player run events....with all these dang drops that cause others to come from other shards to try to get a drop for their rare collection. I really don't know if I want to keep paying for a game that lets one person get something and all the other players get nothing.....devs re think the game.

Reeky Bugbutt

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I will no longer be posting here or checking these boards. I decided to make a stand lol (and as I expected it did NOT go well *shrugs*)