• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Lava Encrusted Shield Went for 1 billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why...is this a discussion? No offense

Double Blessed bought the shield off a friend of mine. You are the one who offered the 1b in the first place.

So whats the point thats trying to be made? That item value is based on how much someone is willing to pay? Well I guess we can confirm that

Double Blessed

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It's nice to be able to look up an item and see how much it has sold for if you are trying to buy or sell something. More people should do it.
It sucks when you can't find any information on an item.

This doesn't really confirm anything other than knowing that you may need some peanut butter to go along with that jelly-sauce.
Hehe jk man but this is a rares forum right? Lava encrusted shield is a rare right? One sold for a billion last night and I thought it would/could be an interesting topic..... I dunno? Shoot me.... Turk liked your comment and he has been looking for one of these.

BluNtMaN[ATL]

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why...is this a discussion? No offense

Double Blessed bought the shield off a friend of mine. You are the one who offered the 1b in the first place.

So whats the point thats trying to be made? That item value is based on how much someone is willing to pay? Well I guess we can confirm that
AGREED, it is pointless.

Double Blessed

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
These shields generally sell for around 300 - 350m. Why in the world would you pay a 1 billion?
Why in the world would nobody sell me or Turk one or even offer to sell us one when we have been posting for weeks?
Turning a meaningless fun topic in to something personal.

Last edited:

Double Blessed

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
These shields generally sell for around 300 - 350m. Why in the world would you pay a 1 billion?
How can you use a quote like this..... They generally sell for that? Why can't Turk get one then? I'm sure now, just to prove a point, someone like you will sell him one, even though he has been looking (as well as I) for a while now. Where are all of these shields at? All of these 10 shields in existence....

Last edited:

Double Blessed

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I thought it was worth this much so I paid this much. I really like my item. Thanks. I am sorry if anyone got offended by this post........

Last edited:

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have one to sell. If I did, of course I would sell it to Turk first...he has not burned a bridge with me and half the rares community.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been gone for a few years, but I miss the discussion aspect of the rares forum. I'm a bit disappointed in what I see since being back. I really enjoyed the discussion about items and debates that used to happen here. I understand this may be a post of chest thumping or a lot of people have something against said poster, again I don't know. But in general I miss the general rares discussion this place used to have.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I've been gone for a few years, but I miss the discussion aspect of the rares forum. I'm a bit disappointed in what I see since being back. I really enjoyed the discussion about items and debates that used to happen here. I understand this may be a post of chest thumping or a lot of people have something against said poster, again I don't know. But in general I miss the general rares discussion this place used to have.
Let's just say it's not about the item...

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is there really to discuss? Its not a new item (it dropped in 2012), nor does it have any history behind it. The shield has gone for 300-400m in the past. Since the OP wanted it so bad, he offered someone 1b, and they took it.

Listen, I didn't mean offense at all to Double Blessed. With the supply being what it was, and with his strong desire to obtain it, its perfectly reasonable to get why he paid 1b. It is definitely not and indicator on the market price, as it was obviously influenced by just how much he wanted it.

Now if someone would like to discuss the history of the item, and the event arc it came from....then sure be my guest.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is there really to discuss? Its not a new item (it dropped in 2012), nor does it have any history behind it. The shield has gone for 300-400m in the past. Since the OP wanted it so bad, he offered someone 1b, and they took it.

Listen, I didn't mean offense at all to Double Blessed. With the supply being what it was, and with his strong desire to obtain it, its perfectly reasonable to get why he paid 1b. It is definitely not and indicator on the market price, as it was obviously influenced by just how much he wanted it.

Now if someone would like to discuss the history of the item, and the event arc it came from....then sure be my guest.
The way I see it there is plenty to discuss. There used to be discussions about items, the history, how many may or may not still be around, who had them, planning rares fests, I don't know, it just seems there was a lot more general discussion in the past. Now it just seems auctions for the latest 10 drop item, of which 4 are immediately auctioned.

Not that I have a problem with this, it is what rares collectors do. But I know when Manticore was around there was a TON of general discussion. That's all im saying. Throwing my .02 in with everyone else who seemed to be ragging on someone who tried to start a discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.