• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where's the old sticky macro examples and help?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sorely need some help making macros and there used to be a stickied thread that showed a lot of examples and can't find it now.

I'm trying to make a PVM archer target macro and I seem to keep targetting friendly summons (EV RC) or I get a macro that won't target some monsters, played with the smart target actions but haven't got that to work yet either, can anyone help me?

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sorely need some help making macros and there used to be a stickied thread that showed a lot of examples and can't find it now.

I'm trying to make a PVM archer target macro and I seem to keep targetting friendly summons (EV RC) or I get a macro that won't target some monsters, played with the smart target actions but haven't got that to work yet either, can anyone help me?
use the smart targeting instead of the default one so the targets can only be the one on the mobile bar.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get the same thing! I have my tab key setup for "nearest enemy target" and I will often target EV's RC's and even red or orange players in the same guild as me.

I will check out the smart target thing as I've never played with it before.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
use the smart targeting instead of the default one so the targets can only be the one on the mobile bar.
Thank you Pinco, that works like a charm, I had tried that before but I must have had something set wrong, I changed to that, made sure the mobiles bars only contained the correct baddies and it works great.

And by the way, I lowered my UI to 95% and have used it for 2 days now and not a lock at all on the chat window. Thanks very much! On other characters that I didn't change, their UI are still locking up so I know that will fix them too.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I know I am dumber than a box of rocks about making macros so I need more clear instructions please.
I go to edit macro find the icon related to chopping wood, in the first box I put target by resource. in the next box I edit the item and place the axe, click ok and it just disappears.
So at this point I am lost and don't know what I did wrong.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok I did manage to get the recouce targeting to work an d work it does. It is just like I remember UOA working. What it doesn't do is equip the axe is it supposed to do this automatically or do I have to edit the macro?

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Got it to work now Thanks

Slowly I am making some headway on these macros. Making a night sight macro can one be made that gives you night sight without having to click yourself? I have the spell night sight and curser target yourself. But I still have to click on me.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drag the night sight spell to a hot bar. Right click on it and pick "target self". Assign a hotkey and your set.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It works now thanks to you. I just don't understand why I have so much trouble with these macros in the EC client. Thanks for helping me like you have I appreciate it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes this is what I use. Target nearest enemy. Trouble is it targets reds in my own guild and will also target summons including my own.
no you must use the smart version.