• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Reforging a Luck suit for melee

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been away from the game for a while. I want to make (maybe buy) a max luck suit for my sampire. I understand I'll have to make some sacrifices on properties to get luck crammed in there. I'd like to use studded to take advantage of built in LMC. For reforging what sewing kit and options should i use to get max luck (pre enhance) and maybe a big dex / stam increase on a piece? I might want to have one piece with some HCI as well. Any info would be great, Thanks

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I don't think max luck (150) and max stam (10) is possible, not without ending up with at least 2 other properties, or if it is, your suit might cost you a few BILLION to make.

What I think you can do is get a piece that is something like 150 luck, 4 dex and 6 stam... which you then can imbue to be 8 stam if you need to. Even still you might end up with a random 4th property. Same holds true for 150 luck + 5 HCI.

To make the luck suit from studded, you need to use Horned kits. I've never gone this route, as it's much harder to come by horned kits than copper hammers, but the best methodology I've seen says go with Auspiscious/Fortune and Towering/Aegis so that you hopefully get 150 luck and 18 fire resist, which you were going to need to imbue anyway.

If you went with metal armor, you can use copper hammers (cost 3-400k instead of 3M for horned kit), and just choose Powerful, and Auspiscious/Fortune and you can get clean 150 luck pieces.

Another thing to consider, if you use the enhanced client, and you make use of the instant dress macros, you don't really need to concern yourself with making a super good luck suit, since you'll only need to wear it for a few swings, just to land the kill shot.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a sampire luck suit I made touse the hatchet:

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice suit DJad, for the hatchet what did you use to get max luck? I use hatchets as well...

Tuan if I give up on the dream of getting the Dex/Stam bump with luck is it possible to get clean luck pieces using a horned runic and studded? I think I can get by with imbuing the rest of my needs if i start with clean luck 150 pieces.

Thanks for the replies

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice suit DJad, for the hatchet what did you use to get max luck? I use hatchets as well...
Copper hammer. This was just my first go at melee luck suit. The one I am working on now I'm trying to fit in the luck jewels and new talisman.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran

Tuan if I give up on the dream of getting the Dex/Stam bump with luck is it possible to get clean luck pieces using a horned runic and studded? I think I can get by with imbuing the rest of my needs if i start with clean luck 150 pieces.

Thanks for the replies
When I say "clean" with respect to reforge (and loot too I guess) I mean "has that property and only that property". With a horned kit, you'll never get just a single property, even one that's at the reforge cap.

When you use the horned kit, what you're aiming for is the property that you want, capped, and then a 2nd one what you also wanted, but not at the cap.

There are two schools of thought as to whether it is possible to get a piece that looks like this:
150 luck, 10 stam
one school thinks it is possible (I am in this group), and another says no. It all depends on how the underlying algorithm is written. As far as I'm aware, no one has ever gotten a piece like this. In my experience, you always get something else. Even if it is possible, the probability of something like this is probably somewhere on the order of 1 in a few hundred...

If you don't choose a 2nd title, then you might get a property(s) you simply don't want at all. If you do choose the 2nd name, you're at least circling in on props you know you want.

For instance, you make gorgots until you have a bunch with the minimum in fire resist, then you choose Fortune/Defence, and hope you land on 150 luck and 18 fire resist, and you'll probably end up with 12 or something of some random resist.
Do the same for gloves.
These two you'll imbue with LMC, STAM, and HPI/MI whatever.

Now make legs, arms and tunics, choosing Fortune/Haste or Fortune/Mystic whatever.

I'd probably make a metal helmet, with a copper hammer and choose just Fortune, then imbue the rest up as needed.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got ya, I think I'll spend a little time on Test Center and see what pops up.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For instance, you make gorgots until you have a bunch with the minimum in fire resist, then you choose Fortune/Defence, and hope you land on 150 luck and 18 fire resist, and you'll probably end up with 12 or something of some random resist.
Yep. This. ^^

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll try to post a luck suit that I made but all my armor slots started with 2 phys resist and I reforged then enhanced for luck after, took about 20K leather to make enough to reforge and hit the 150 luck on all the slots. I think that one slot had high fire but otherwise I don't think I needed to add any more after. I also use the other luck jewels for the SSI and slightly higher luck. My suit does run the 55LMC, 15 HPI and some stam increase.

I use this suit for farming Cora, which is a waste of time but it's my thing, where I use my other accounts for the bard specials. I don't need DI, HCI, DCI etc because of the spell songs. I have been wanting to do the same to farm mel but I've been lazy.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I went on TC and tried this out. If I used Auspicious with Defense I only got a couple pieces with a single resist bump and not max luck. I got many with 2 resist bumps and a couple with 3 resist bumps. I switched to Auspicious with Animated and I got some usable pieces right away with just Dex and Luck. There were the ones with Stam regen and a mix of Stam, Dex and Regen. I think my odds are better at getting a usable pieces going with Animated instead of Defense. I'm not going to be running near the Dex cap so I think I can roll with Dex instead of Stam on my armor. Either way I'm sure I'll burn quite a few charges. I'm not going to get too crazy in that every pieces has to be 150 luck, 140 is close enough for me.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are two schools of thought as to whether it is possible to get a piece that looks like this:
150 luck, 10 stam
one school thinks it is possible (I am in this group), and another says no
I got crafted one, when tried to get +5HCI +10 SI clean piece:

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
That's not "clean" though, that's 2 overcapped, 1 under capped, 1 that doesn't go there and isn't capped.

The 1 SR there is more or less wasted if you're a sampire and running 50% Stam Leech on the weapon... whats 16 SR vs 15.

The point isn't to get those two properties... the point is to get those two properties "clean".

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's not "clean" though, that's 2 overcapped, 1 under capped, 1 that doesn't go there and isn't capped.
The 1 SR there is more or less wasted if you're a sampire and running 50% Stam Leech on the weapon... whats 16 SR vs 15.
The point isn't to get those two properties... the point is to get those two properties "clean".
I belive what 150 Luck 10 SI X SelfRep is posible, but its extremely rare. I got 1 clear 10 SI helm with 1 SelfRep ( Copper, no power, 3 charge).

Stamina Regeneration is a PLAGUE for crafter of 10SI parts.
This property looks not absolutely useles ( if it go in addition for real good properties) but in reforge its placed on about 80-90% Animated/of Haste and takes 1 slot.
For mee this property is more harmfull then Lower Req and +% Durability.

BTW what is MOST disgusting property for crafters in reforge?
May bee wee need to make a poll for these:
1) Stamina Reg
2) Lower Req
3) % Durability
4) Self Repair

There is lots other strange things in reforge ( regeneration on weapon, ....) but above mods is 99.9% useles now.

May bee Devs must integrate this properties in one, named "trash" or "useles" ? :)

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
For me SR = Stamina Regen. Self Repair... Interesting mixup.

Stamina regen is actually pretty useful in the large sense. With the 15 SR from Vamp Form, I get ~1 stam per second on my VF paladin - pretty useful as it can help keep me above 180 stam for an extra swing while I wait for a leech to hit.

For me, lower requirements is nearly 100% useless. The Str req for leather is like 20 str. Is it even possible to walk around with <20 str? I think a plate chest is 95, which I guess for a 230 character can be tough to stay above 95 if you get cursed by a big caster.

There's a usecase for MR on a weapon. A weapons like this: 9MR, SC, FC +1 (so it shows as SC without FC -1). Is a reasonable thing to carry around to get to the 30 MR cap - pretty useful.

For me useless properties:
1) Mage armor on studded/metal armor (not sure if this can still be reforged), but if it is there, actually makes the piece worse
2) Lower Req
3) Durb
3) Self-Repair (tied in 3rd for uselessness)
4) 1% Enhance Potion on armor.
5) Battle Lust (not sure if this can be reforged, never tried)

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stamina regen is actually pretty useful in the large sense. With the 15 SR from Vamp Form, I get ~1 stam per second on my VF paladin - pretty useful as it can help keep me above 180 stam for an extra swing while I wait for a leech to hit.

For me, lower requirements is nearly 100% useless. The Str req for leather is like 20 str. Is it even possible to walk around with <20 str? I think a plate chest is 95, which I guess for a 230 character can be tough to stay above 95 if you get cursed by a big caster.

There's a usecase for MR on a weapon. A weapons like this: 9MR, SC, FC +1 (so it shows as SC without FC -1). Is a reasonable thing to carry around to get to the 30 MR cap - pretty useful.

For me useless properties:
1) Mage armor on studded/metal armor (not sure if this can still be reforged), but if it is there, actually makes the piece worse
2) Lower Req
3) Durb
3) Self-Repair (tied in 3rd for uselessness)
4) 1% Enhance Potion on armor.
5) Battle Lust (not sure if this can be reforged, never tried)
SR for reforge is SURE useles - cause it got 1 slot , even if this is 6 slot there are lots other mods what are 1000 times more disireable for reforge.
MR on weapon - your example show what this mode may bee usefull in some cases in reforge.
Mage armor are not reforgeable anymore.
And sure Enh Pots 5% max on armor - this is a 1 slot for nothing. If max on armor will bee same as max on Jewelry (25%) then this mode will bee usefull.
Battle Lust (on weapon) - this property is too week now to bee usefull, so its one more Trash mode on Reforge.