• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Event Pros

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Dear event pros, I need some shard shield advice.
I have two accounts that qualify for picks.
Account one has four shields.
Cats
Atl
Baja
Origin

Account two has 7 shields and one pick left
Atl (2)
Cats (2) (one of these was a mistake @Mesanna it would be great to be able to have 1 chance to swap shard shields for a different shard)
Napa
Chessy
GL

Where should my last pick of the year go?
I have a character on LS already and I am building one on Legends so I don't need either of those really.
I also have a fully developed character (or two ;) ) on Pacific and Sonoma.

Choices are Lake Austin, Drachenfels, Oceania, Europa, or an Asian shard.
What shard would you pick with your last pick of the year?
I don't just do events for the drop but the depth of character. I enjoy a good story.
I enjoy playing with friendly people. If the shard is full of xshard haters I'd rather pass until next year.
I would also like to be able to get a focus on a good night.
So, uh, friendly players, good EM (drops and story combined), helpful people.
What do you guys say?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
That's it? Longtooth's is the only one willing to give event advice? Scared I am gonna get all yer drops? RAWR!! YOU SHOULD BE! :p:snoopy::lol:

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oceania and Drachenfels - you have friends on Drach already :)

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LA: Good story although a bit long winding, average to good drops, drop rate is not consistent from month to month
Europa: Good story, Returning EM but no drops from new returning EM yet (Prior history might shed some light?)
Oceania: New EM, With only one event hard to judge story, good-decent first two drops
Asian: You wont be able to follow the story, drops are decent to very good, usually longer than our events, laggy
Drachenfels: Very good to amazing drops, nonexistent storylines, strong competition

Soooo, I would pick LA + either Europa or Oceania (Oceania is new but off to a good start but will it remain consistent?, Europa has history with Emile Layne but was it good or bad?)

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LA (my home shard) is mostly a bunch of kind and very helpful people. rarely if ever do i hear any complaining about xsharders. promathia summed up the events pretty dead on. aside from the events, running around with LA peeps is normally pretty fun if you can find any on, it's a ghost town most of the time. also i can craft/imbue almost whatever you need there

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not really an event pro, but I vote for Lake Austin, it was the 3rd shard shield I got originally right after Atlantic and Pacific. Loved the players, were always extremely helpful and kind.