• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Catskills 2014 Summary

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings all!
2014 was a big year for Cats. We have grown quite exponentially in several areas. Overall shard activity is much much greater than it was several year ago. Land has been filling up. Vacant keep spots are getting increasingly harder to find. Our economy has also shown improvement as sellers now have a plethora of buyers to buy from them, as well as an increased amount of sellers... Which means better competition.

People are doing activities and holding events everywhere. RP has grown to a level of going toe to toe with the heaviest of RP shards, dare I say we have surpassed them?

Seven rotating tavern nights, a full consistent monthly schedule. Spontaneous AND pre-planned role playing happening everywhere. A full governor panel, with strong positive community interaction and one hell of an event moderator.

PvP activity has increased as well with more people willing to get their feet wet as well as veterans coming over for the fights. This is all a great thing.

The Stratics Catskills forum... once dead, now thriving with our own sub-forums thriving as well.

I must say good work folks. It is because of all of you that we have brought this shard back from the dead and have made it something to be treasured again.

For those who say the end is near, you have all proven them wrong. There is no place I would rather be than right here. I thank you all for your contributions. May the year of 2015 bring more great things to our beloved home... Catskills.

-Zuck

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huzzah and well said!!!

And may the year ahead hold many more grand surprises and events for Catskills and for us all.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hardest thing for me is that my kinship in Lotro is also working on Winterstock-(a 4 day music festival drawing bands from many servers) and also our Twelfth Night Ball (a medieval dance fest) With my work schedule, family time and building a Garrison in WoW I find myself with less time to plot against you all or write.

Jacuyl

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm an Atlantic transplant, even used to report for ole Stratics here. Catskills has been fun. Aedon, course you can still plot against me. I'd be insulted if you didn't.

Nyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Said Zuckuss I have enjoyed my Return to Catskills after a 10 Year Hiatus and having to start over from scratch. Thanks o K^S and COD for a welcome return

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was not elected Lord of Catskills. It was a very poor year.

I was however, given over 300 more stones of Blackrock... So it was at least a good December

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummmmm you all forgot the most significant event in 2014..... I came back...to cats and stratics ...Zuck, how could you forget to mention that???