• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) In Memory Of Juanita

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Juanita, aka Alabama, Anna Claire, Candace, passed away December 23, 2014.

Her close UO friend, Dominic, wants her personal possessions given away in her memory. Four "Memorial Stewards" have been set up. If you say the character's name, her gift will be placed in your backpack.

The Memorial Stewards are located as follows.
Juanita is in the Hall Of Players.
Alabama is in the Book Store.
Anna Claire is in the Furniture Store.
Candace is in the Players Lodge.

The gifts are first class rares. Think of saying her name to get one as kinda like turning a prayer wheel. Feel free to return for another. Dominic, and her friends, thank you.
:frown2:

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's horrible. May I ask how she passed?
Interesting question, Longtooths. I don't know. Neither does Dominic, the player who was close to her for four years.
He knew she was ill for some time and that she passed a week ago and that is all he told me.

Your question goes to the anonymity of online relationships and to how strong they can be. I would love to hear an analysis of this. My only clue is my own experience. My wife and I met online 19 years ago. In our case, anonymity gave way to a lasting "real world" relationship.

Maybe another couple here can add their insights to online relationships??