• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Merry Christmas EC

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.. and here is the future you will never have :

some buildings and the old ugly KR UI? :D
if were just the lack of some nice buildings the problem of this game... but nowdays the greatest problem is the "grind everything" style that turns the player into brainless monkeys, and that's just the tip of the iceberg :/

Kons

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
some buildings and the old ugly KR UI? :D
if were just the lack of some nice buildings the problem of this game... but nowdays the greatest problem is the "grind everything" style that turns the player into brainless monkeys, and that's just the tip of the iceberg :/
First of all, that's EC, not KR :) The tileset is clearly not the KR one. (Use my UO:Reader to verify ;) )
I do have some KR screenshot somewhere in my HDD.
The UI, as you well know, can be changed (and you did a great work).
What did not changed (since 2007) are the rendering capabilities of the client(meaning both shading and engine), the map i made could not be handled (crash + memory leak + crash + leak + unability to load map blocks on time).
Please notice this was not map depended, it was made obvious by my map only because the statics density was higher than the classic maps).

Btw i just ran into those screens and felt a little sad for all the work that has been done and it's gone wasted!
All the KR tileset -> gone, or at least not usable atm.
The EC is always used as secondary client on all official posts AND it did not see any major update until 4.0.35, which is basically a UI update. ( i just found out ^^ )

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, that's EC, not KR :) The tileset is clearly not the KR one. (Use my UO:Reader to verify ;) )
I do have some KR screenshot somewhere in my HDD.
The UI, as you well know, can be changed (and you did a great work).
What did not changed (since 2007) are the rendering capabilities of the client(meaning both shading and engine), the map i made could not be handled (crash + memory leak + crash + leak + unability to load map blocks on time).
Please notice this was not map depended, it was made obvious by my map only because the statics density was higher than the classic maps).

Btw i just ran into those screens and felt a little sad for all the work that has been done and it's gone wasted!
All the KR tileset -> gone, or at least not usable atm.
The EC is always used as secondary client on all official posts AND it did not see any major update until 4.0.35, which is basically a UI update. ( i just found out ^^ )
you see the dev team as a big fat team that can do everything... right now the team is small and to make this UI we needed a long time and still many features I wanted remained outside...
and when KR came out there was Grimm as 3D artist to make many of the items/mobiles, now they don't have a 3D artist so it will be impossible to restore those art because they can't make new 3D models for the tons of new items they added after KR :D

Besides that the team has a todo list so long that will take at least 2-3 decades to be completed, so I won't hope for anything more than what we have now anytime soon (except maybe an option to use CC models)...

Kons

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
you see the dev team as a big fat team that can do everything... right now the team is small and to make this UI we needed a long time and still many features I wanted remained outside...
and when KR came out there was Grimm as 3D artist to make many of the items/mobiles, now they don't have a 3D artist so it will be impossible to restore those art because they can't make new 3D models for the tons of new items they added after KR :D

Besides that the team has a todo list so long that will take at least 2-3 decades to be completed, so I won't hope for anything more than what we have now anytime soon (except maybe an option to use CC models)...
Eheh, that's why basically i said "the future you will never have".
This client has been half developed and then been put aside.
In two decades games will be changed so much, and i don't think someone will care anymore of EC, as they don't right now :p