• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Announcement Important Information about this Forum.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
With so many people engaging in Cross Shard Trade, individual shard trade forums are becoming an inconvenience. In order to better serve you, this forum is being established so that non-rare items can be placed for sale and you our users can quickly and efficiently browse several shards worth of goods without having to navigate through multiple boards.

To do this, every post will require a Prefix. All the prefixes consist of individual Shard Names. By using the tab at the bottom of the forum thread list

FilterTab.png

you can bring up a list of Filter Options.

FilterOptions.png

Once selected and applied you will only see the threads started for the Shards you have selected in the Filter.

FiltersSelected.png

To change Shards being Filtered simply change the one selected in the Filter Options and Set the Option again.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm all for a non-rares cross shard section and think its a great addition. But now I'm confused. Whats the difference between "UO Trader's Hall" and "UO Non-Rares Trade"?

Surely you could of just added the handy prefix option to the traders hall?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
UO Trader's Hall is pretty much only used for highend gear nowadays, I think this forum was meant more for normal things, like a corgul sash, primer on arms talisman, and stuff like that.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm all for a non-rares cross shard section and think its a great addition. But now I'm confused. Whats the difference between "UO Trader's Hall" and "UO Non-Rares Trade"?

Surely you could of just added the handy prefix option to the traders hall?
Norrington has it largely right, The idea is to eventually convince people to do all their non-rares trade here and consolidate all the individual Shard Trade boards. I could have done this with Trader's Hall, but leaving it as a place for people to discuss trade, and do price checks felt better. This Forum is intended only for selling, so people won't have to search through Price Checks, or other talk from various shards.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Great idea. :thumbup1:
So many folks Play on or Cross Shard alot, it's a convenience for them to be able to be able to search through, using filters, one forum and not have to navigate through half a dozen.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So many folks Play on or Cross Shard alot, it's a convenience for them to be able to be able to search through, using filters, one forum and not have to navigate through half a dozen.
Totally agree. Also saves people posting in traders hall and then the shard trading forums. Having it all in one place will be much easier. Great addition.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i doubt thiss will ever be used as everyone on uo traders wants top dollar wether its good item or crap item....doubt they will admit its a crap item...

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't get the point. Just put it all in the Traders Hall.

As if people are going to post their 200k talismans here....lol

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't get the point. Just put it all in the Traders Hall.

As if people are going to post their 200k talismans here....lol
Because the future intent is to remove the Actual Trade from the Traders Hall, have this forum and all the individual Shard Trade forums combined. Traders Hall would be left for Price Checks, and Discussion on Items, not actual selling.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because the future intent is to remove the Actual Trade from the Traders Hall, have this forum and all the individual Shard Trade forums combined. Traders Hall would be left for Price Checks, and Discussion on Items, not actual selling.
That sounds completely unnecessary. Just have all discussion/trade in the Traders Hall + Rares in Rares Collector.

Its not like the population is gigantic, its silly to split it up.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That sounds completely unnecessary. Just have all discussion/trade in the Traders Hall + Rares in Rares Collector.

Its not like the population is gigantic, its silly to split it up.
It's a Catch 22 situation. If we move it all into Traders Hall, you'll get people saying they don't want sales for things like Bulk Crafting Mats or Houses, if we have it separated it's a measure of fragmentation on the boards. And you're right it's silly to split it up which is what this forum will hopefully help correct. Right now there is Trader's Hall, Rares Trade, Holiday Trade, and 15 Shard Trade Forums, since not every shard has it's own trade forum.

What the intent to do is, by having people use this forum it will condense that down to just Traders Hall, Rares Trade, Holiday Trade and Non-Rares Trade, with the Traders hall reserved for things other than buying and selling, such as Price Checks, and Discussion about Items on the Market. The reason for Trade Hall becoming Price Check and Discussion is then these won't be mixed in with actual trade limiting the number of threads someone has to look through even after they are filtered.

That would reduce the number of forums a person would have to look through to see all the trade on UO Stratics by 14 boards, and at the same time give every shard it's own Prefix to use. The down side is prefixes like "Selling Armor" or "Buying Jewelry" would vanish from use, that would have to be made part of the description in the Thread Title.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So next step is combining all those em shard pages into one... thanks. :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if this is possible, Nexus, because it would depend on people coming back to the forum to edit their posts. However, do you think there is any way to tag a thread to indicate that the item that the thread is about has been purchased or sold, as the case may be? Then you could provide an additional filter so that people could choose whether or not they want to view items that are no longer for sale or purchase.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't know if this is possible, Nexus, because it would depend on people coming back to the forum to edit their posts. However, do you think there is any way to tag a thread to indicate that the item that the thread is about has been purchased or sold, as the case may be? Then you could provide an additional filter so that people could choose whether or not they want to view items that are no longer for sale or purchase.
I could add a "SOLD" tag they could apply by editing that's not an issue. Thanks for the Feedback and idea!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay here's another one for ya Nexus :)

I want to sell 2 of my vet reward picks. Those can be sold on any shard, could you maybe add an ALL button? I don't want to use the Origin prefix cus not many people will look there :/

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nexus, are you going to mention this change in UHall at any point? I'm sure there are at least a few people who don't do trades on a regular basis and are unaware of this. I've only recently started popping in here once every couple of days because I had a few things I wanted to sell on vendors on Balhae and made a few (futile) attempts to get some price checks in the Trader's Hall. I would imagine there are other people like me who usually don't have stuff to trade or lots of gold to do buying who only go looking at trade threads every few months or even less often.

Anyway, it might save a little angst and help people avoid hitting the panic button after the change happens and they go looking for their shard's trade board and don't find it and don't notice or find any mention of the change in their preferred local shard forum.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
We're testing this concept in the Origin Shard forum to start. The goal is to reduce the unused forums and concentrate discussion so it is easier for members to find relevant discussion to them and then interact.