• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] If I pass 120 Tailoring between my characters with a soulstone, can I fetch bods on each of them?

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or, will I have a wait timer. Basically I guess I'm asking if the bod timer is skill bound or character bound....

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Hmm - why not try it in TC? I think you get a soulstone as part of one of the "give..." commands, or you can copy one of your chars to TC with a stone in it's pack I think.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It works. I tried it on a production shard with a fragment and I'm very please. Gone are the days of training characters to 0.1 in Tailoring just to get low end bods. On a side note, I got a horned 6 piece bod while doing this, it will bribe up nicely to a barbed kit.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Nice. Good thinking. Saves me the trouble of filling a boat load of cloak and bandana deeds that my mules collect simply to turn in for the hopes of something better. ;).

I do think that collecting deeds with .1 skill still has it's uses though.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice. Good thinking. Saves me the trouble of filling a boat load of cloak and bandana deeds that my mules collect simply to turn in for the hopes of something better. ;).

I do think that collecting deeds with .1 skill still has it's uses though.
I used 0.1 skill In blacksmith to get shield deeds only and Bribe them up for powder and low-level hammer rewards.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
0.1 Tailoring BODs can be filled right in the shop by the same char. Later a char with 120 Tailoring can get 100 Cloth and new (probably high-level) BOD.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hell, all but 4 or 5 tailor BODs you can get below 70 skill (as they are base material and normal) can be filled buying off the tailor, cobbler and armorer NPCs (and with additional availability for some off the provisioner). I usually fill cloth tailor BODs like those just by camping the Yew & Nujelm Tailor shops, one tailor at a time, and by the time I'm cleaning out the 3rd tailor, the first usually has respawned with double amounts, so that you might actually get perpetual restocking going long enough to fill all the applicable BODs you need (if not, go fill some footwear and armor the same way with their NPCs until the tailors repop).

Last edited:

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good stuff, I'll have to try that instead. You may have just saved me a ton in tailor scrolls. Thanks.

I think that the money I would spend on scrolls for my toons can go a long way towards buying items from vendors to fill the low level bods.

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Tailor scrolls are cheap... on my shard 120 tailor scrolls go for 125k each. I accidentally got 4 of them the other day and was increasingly angry about each one...

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tailor scrolls are cheap... on my shard 120 tailor scrolls go for 125k each. I accidentally got 4 of them the other day and was increasingly angry about each one...
You are correct, tailor scrolls are cheap enough that I'll buy them up. At least that way I'll have the choice of how I farm bods. I figure I'll collect them all with 120 tailor and chum the low end stuff I get by buying the items and turning them in immediately.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Accumulate enough BODs (from any source) to "exchange" for new ones using your 120 tailor, and you might be able to get the 120 tailor scrolls for others from the turn ins. 120 tailor scrolls seem to breed like bunnies when you aren't looking for them.

I inherited the account for the THB guildhouse on Lake Austin, and it had a bunch of sub-70 BOD runners on it which, after deleting some and training others up, gave me 6 Smith BOD and 5 Tailor BOD runners with 100+ skill. I've not gotten back into crafting yet (primary focus is getting my hunting reflexes back first), but when I was running them, I'd go collect the BODs for all of them and accumulate until I got 200 junk cloth BODs.

When I hit 200 or so, I'd load my main 120 Tailor onto his giant beetle, and go into town. As noted before, I'd fill the BODs using gold, then start the grind:
1. put 25 filled BODs in a bag from a book of filled BODs
2. turn in a BOD, get a new BOD (which would pop into the backpack top level with the reward)
3. continue until I turned in all 25, or hit that odd limit where you can't turn them in anymore (that is an artifact of the pre-LBR weight limits, if I remember correctly)
4. Combine cloth with UO Assist, move cloth bundles to beetle. Other rewards handled as appropriate
5. sort new BODs into 2 books; 1 for cloth to fill (checking a list for any 20 normals I might need for spined kits, and 20 Ex town crier smalls), everything else into the other book. most cloth LBODs that can't be bribed to spined kits (normal 20 4-count) or CBDs (5-part "town crier" Ex 20) get dropped to the ground, along with most footwear LBODs (other than the few that give horned kit or greater rewards)
6. Repeat steps 1-5, until all the filled BODs turned in, or no room left in the bug for cloth.
7. Pull out the BOD book of the empty cloth BODs I just got as replacements, and use a combination of buying and crafting (using the reward cloth) to fill them all, putting them into the original book for filled BODs.
8. Go back to step 1. Repeat until all you have left are non-cloth BODs and the few cloth ones you need (as in 5).

Usually, 1 trip will give me 5-10 LBODs for various leather types, and many of the low end ones will end up giving you a 120 PS.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Accumulate enough BODs (from any source) to "exchange" for new ones using your 120 tailor, and you might be able to get the 120 tailor scrolls for others from the turn ins. 120 tailor scrolls seem to breed like bunnies when you aren't looking for them.

I inherited the account for the THB guildhouse on Lake Austin, and it had a bunch of sub-70 BOD runners on it which, after deleting some and training others up, gave me 6 Smith BOD and 5 Tailor BOD runners with 100+ skill. I've not gotten back into crafting yet (primary focus is getting my hunting reflexes back first), but when I was running them, I'd go collect the BODs for all of them and accumulate until I got 200 junk cloth BODs.

When I hit 200 or so, I'd load my main 120 Tailor onto his giant beetle, and go into town. As noted before, I'd fill the BODs using gold, then start the grind:
1. put 25 filled BODs in a bag from a book of filled BODs
2. turn in a BOD, get a new BOD (which would pop into the backpack top level with the reward)
3. continue until I turned in all 25, or hit that odd limit where you can't turn them in anymore (that is an artifact of the pre-LBR weight limits, if I remember correctly)
4. Combine cloth with UO Assist, move cloth bundles to beetle. Other rewards handled as appropriate
5. sort new BODs into 2 books; 1 for cloth to fill (checking a list for any 20 normals I might need for spined kits, and 20 Ex town crier smalls), everything else into the other book. most cloth LBODs that can't be bribed to spined kits (normal 20 4-count) or CBDs (5-part "town crier" Ex 20) get dropped to the ground, along with most footwear LBODs (other than the few that give horned kit or greater rewards)
6. Repeat steps 1-5, until all the filled BODs turned in, or no room left in the bug for cloth.
7. Pull out the BOD book of the empty cloth BODs I just got as replacements, and use a combination of buying and crafting (using the reward cloth) to fill them all, putting them into the original book for filled BODs.
8. Go back to step 1. Repeat until all you have left are non-cloth BODs and the few cloth ones you need (as in 5).

Usually, 1 trip will give me 5-10 LBODs for various leather types, and many of the low end ones will end up giving you a 120 PS.
Thanks for the great info. If you want help fine tuning your hunting techniques I'm always up for an adventure. Look me up on icq or send me a message on general chat.