• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting What is going on with imbuing?

Sophi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
i had a reforged scimitar with 68% Mana Leech, I added 30% SSI and damn if the mana leech didnt DROP to something like 34% - i changed the SSI to 20%, and sure enough the mana leech climbed back up to like 44%. BUT the remaining room to add properties (the 500 pt cap) remained very small as though the mana leech was still up at 68%. Has imbuing been altered? or is this a bug of some kind?

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
i had a reforged scimitar with 68% Mana Leech, I added 30% SSI and damn if the mana leech didnt DROP to something like 34% - i changed the SSI to 20%, and sure enough the mana leech climbed back up to like 44%. BUT the remaining room to add properties (the 500 pt cap) remained very small as though the mana leech was still up at 68%. Has imbuing been altered? or is this a bug of some kind?
The leech properties are all based around the actual weapon speed. Basically if you imbue swing speed increase onto a weapon the base weapon speed gets faster and therefore the leech property value will become lower. This is how the leech system works and there in no intention to change it.

Sophi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The leech properties are all based around the actual weapon speed. Basically if you imbue swing speed increase onto a weapon the base weapon speed gets faster and therefore the leech property value will become lower. This is how the leech system works and there in no intention to change it.
ok then i guess i just never noticed it before :(
thank you for your response