• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Guild recruitment.... Wait, what?

Rudlin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
That's right. Today, I'd like to form a guild of sorts. I'm calling it "The Adventurers". I'm looking to create a community of friends and allies to adventure with in Project Gorgon. Now, since the game doesn't have a proper guild system ATM, I'd like to create my own. First of all, there is no serious recruitment process. Simply follow the following instructions, and you're in. If you want to join, make a reply on the Project Gorgon Subreddit entitled "Adventure guild recruitment thread". In the reply, explain why you want to join, and what your IGN is. Then, I will respond telling you you're in. Pretty easy.

Here are the rules for the guild:

1. Don't use racial slurs.
  2. Don't harass other guildies.
  3. Don't be a ****** (in general).
Further instructions for the guild will be posted on the Project Gorgon subreddit (for now). Look forward to seeing ya in the guild! :)

Link to Sub-Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/projectgorgon/

Last edited:

Auriel

Project: Gorgon Game Mod
VIP
Stratics Veteran
this is awesome! No reason not to start now, just because we don't have the game mechanics for it

Mendel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Encouraging formation of guilds and social organizations simply promotes the idea of the game's permanence. It's an alpha test, and there will probably be character wipes in the future. It may be necessary to take the game away for an extended period of time (months, maybe) to rework / rethink major systems. From day 1 (of me playing), I have seen global chat messages asking if there was going to be a character wipe. People are already playing this game as if it is a live final product rather than a game-in-development. I can't help but believe that this player idea of completeness hurts the quality and quantity of feedback given to the development team.

Rudlin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Encouraging formation of guilds and social organizations simply promotes the idea of the game's permanence. It's an alpha test, and there will probably be character wipes in the future. It may be necessary to take the game away for an extended period of time (months, maybe) to rework / rethink major systems. From day 1 (of me playing), I have seen global chat messages asking if there was going to be a character wipe. People are already playing this game as if it is a live final product rather than a game-in-development. I can't help but believe that this player idea of completeness hurts the quality and quantity of feedback given to the development team.
I think you're looking for depth that isn't there. I appreciate hearing other's ideas, but I'm just trying to have a group of friends to play the game with, while testing it. That's all.