• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] The most annoying hotbar in the world!

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So ogging in the first time with a char with the new UI, I got two new hotbars. One is completely empty. So I deleted it. The other one is filled with menu actions like open paperdoll, open map, etc. I tried to delete it, but I don't get any "Destroy Hotbar" context menu entry.

Why? What's the point?

Ok, so I found two ways to delete it:
  1. Delete it directly from the config file
  2. Create another hotbar. Dock it to that pesky hotbar, I want to be gone. And finally use "Destroy Hotbar Group" from that newly created and docked hotbar.

BUT! Upon the next login, the game creates again two new hotbars. Again the empty one, which can be deleted. And again the one with the menu actions, which cannot be deleted.

What the f...? How annoying is this?

I really hope this is a bug and gets fixed...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Close it and tuck the tiny closed bar icon behind the map, out of sight? Mine us shoved up the top left of my screen and closed unless I need the icons in it. There has to be one bar you can't accidentally delete, because if you did accidentally delete them all, you wouldn't be able to make a hot bar at all.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Close it and tuck the tiny closed bar icon behind the map, out of sight? Mine us shoved up the top left of my screen and closed unless I need the icons in it.
What I did is, I cleared all the icons, moved the icons from another hotbar to the undeletable one and deleted the now empty one.

There has to be one bar you can't accidentally delete, because if you did accidentally delete them all, you wouldn't be able to make a hot bar at all.
Well, from my perspective this is then a poor implementation of such a feature. It would be way more user friendly, if the last remaining hotbar would not be able to be deleted instead of a special one...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I did is, I cleared all the icons, moved the icons from another hotbar to the undeletable one and deleted the now empty one.

Well, from my perspective this is then a poor implementation of such a feature. It would be way more user friendly, if the last remaining hotbar would not be able to be deleted instead of a special one...
That's the replacement of the old menu bar, removing it, is just a stupid thing to do because it contains all the main commands (like guild, quests, etc..) that otherwise will not be accessible unless you make a bar yourself...

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the replacement of the old menu bar, removing it, is just a stupid thing to do because it contains all the main commands (like guild, quests, etc..) that otherwise will not be accessible unless you make a bar yourself...
Actually it's the first thing I remove. I have a problem with things cluttering the screen, which I just use once in a while. I want to have only the most important things on my screen. That's part of a tidy UI, at least from my point of view. 80% from that bar I do not need at all. And for the rest I press the hotkey. If there is no built in hotkey for that, I create a macro and assign a hotkey.
If that is a stupid thing to do, well, then our opinions seem to differ quite a bit.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually it's the first thing I remove. I have a problem with things cluttering the screen, which I just use once in a while. I want to have only the most important things on my screen. That's part of a tidy UI, at least from my point of view. 80% from that bar I do not need at all. And for the rest I press the hotkey. If there is no built in hotkey for that, I create a macro and assign a hotkey.
If that is a stupid thing to do, well, then our opinions seem to differ quite a bit.
You are considering this UI as a different game. This UI needs to follow some of the basics from CC, that's why there must be a menu bar.

Besides there is not much to see in the game area, if you remove the UI it will be like gazing to a painting :lol:

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Besides there is not much to see in the game area, if you remove the UI it will be like gazing to a painting :lol:
I'm not removing the whole UI, I'm removing parts of it, which I don't use or which have a keybinding and can be accessed, without having to move the mouse over an icon.
The less UI there is, the more immersive it is and the more space I have for the actual game graphics.