• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Vendors?

Evil Wear

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The question hit me today and I don't have an answer, so I come here asking...

With the upcoming changes to factions and VvV being introduced, are they removing faction vendors completely? Are we going to have a way to buy reagents, ore, lumber, and bottles like we do now?

Anyone?

Evil Wear

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Right, but, does the cost of the reagent go up? If so, that defeats the purpose of the regeant vendor for factions, considering that the Treasurer of the town sets the price from anywhere between -300 - +300.

I know when I buy apples or grapes in bulk the cost will start really low and then, the more I buy, they will go up. For instance I started buying apples at 3gp/per and now that same vendor is at 78gp/per, because once you buy them out and they restock, the price changes.

Does this happen to reagent vendors (that you know of)?

As someone who sells 'enchanted apples' that is a cost that I have to apply to the people that are buying the finished product, and at some point (economic principle) the cost is going to outweigh the need and thus I am going to have to find something else to sell.

Anyone have an answer?

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right, but, does the cost of the reagent go up? If so, that defeats the purpose of the regeant vendor for factions, considering that the Treasurer of the town sets the price from anywhere between -300 - +300.

I know when I buy apples or grapes in bulk the cost will start really low and then, the more I buy, they will go up. For instance I started buying apples at 3gp/per and now that same vendor is at 78gp/per, because once you buy them out and they restock, the price changes.

Does this happen to reagent vendors (that you know of)?
No. The price of reagents on regular NPC vendors is fixed. But the vendors have limited stock of reagents, so you need to wait for them to resupply (it takes ~5 mins) before you can buy reagents again. At least, the amount of reagents in their inventory doubles (up to a maximum of 999) every time they restock.