• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Environment Bugged Display of Ricardo's Lantern While In Underworld

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There seems to be a problem with the display of the Ricardo's lantern while in the Underworld. I have confirmed this on two shards with two different accounts. The lanterns do not seem to be bugged in this way in other dungeons, or at least in the Orc cave or Destard. I did not have a chance to check them within the Abyss, however.

In the image below, the figure on the left shows the buggy display of the Ricardo's lantern after running a few steps into the Underworld. The lantern looks like this the whole time the character is in the Underworld. The figure on the right shows what the same lantern looks like before entering and after exiting the Underworld.

ricardo's lantern in underworld.jpg

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, after grabbing a character on yet another shard and giving her a Ricardo's lantern and running her through the Underworld, the Abyss, stepping into Fel from the Abyss, and then running through and exiting via the Tomb of Kings, I'm unsure whether or not this is a bug or deliberate. I don't usually carry the lanterns on my characters that visit those places, so maybe this has been happening all along for the last five years and it just took me this long to notice it.

In any event, whether or not it is a bug, this is what it looks like in the Abyss with no nightsight in effect, colored lighting, dark nights, and with the lantern "illuminated." The lantern looks unlit in the paperdoll but casts a reddish violet light on the ground. When you are in the Underworld and the Tomb of Kings, the lighting is brighter, even without nightsight on and even when it is night outside, so the reddish violet glow is not anywhere as noticeable, but the lantern on the paperdoll still has the odd "unlit" look.

ricardo lantern abyss.jpg

Here is what it looked like stepping through into Fel (had nightsight earrings on and dark nights was not checked, however). Notice how the lantern shows its normal "illuminated" look on the paperdoll.

ricardo lantern fel outside abyss.jpg

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok so this is not a bug I will be moving the thread Thanks for all the replies