• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chicken Drumsticks give too much

Ferines

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So, chicken drumsticks simply give too much, considering the ease at which you can collect the ingredients and the level requirements.

Currently, the recipe requires 1 Raw Chicken, 1 Salt and 2 Flour and gives 2 Chicken Drumsticks worth 83 gold each.

Flat value-wise, this is a conversion of 25 gold in raw materials to 166 gold of finished product. That's a 664% value increase, which is ridiculous compared to other lower level recipes like Mystery Jerky (which converts 30 gold worth of raw materials into 55 gold of finished product).

It only takes one ingredient to make it since you can buy the other two, and because of this, the recipe requires little effort. A single chicken is worth 143*(raw chicken obtained) gold, which is (so far as I've seen) the best gold farm in the game, with the perk of being pathetically easy to do.

Gremror

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I take it you haven't done much crafting? I don't mean to be a ****, I just mean that it's not unbalanced, especially compared to adventuring. Alchemy has bigger gains this this, by a loooooong shot.

I used to be a Butcher as my profession. I'd buy all the meat there was in Serbule, turn it into jerky, sausage, chicken drumsticks, whatever. But I still couldn't make as much money as adventuring. In fact, I stopped being a butcher after the vendor caps were introduced, as it made it a lot more difficult to keep up with the money adventurers could make.

I switched to being an alchemist for a while, but again, adventuring brings in more money.

Ferines

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Well, the point isn't that this makes a huge amount of money, because I recognize that adventuring is better.
I just wanted to point out that the ROI of the recipe is not in line with other recipes near it's level.

I will retract saying it's the best gold farm because it isn't, however it's still significantly better than all of the other recipes nearby.

Gremror

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
But it is proportionate... there's a LOT less chickens around than there are Deer, Pigs, or the other assortment of creatures that give you cheap meat. Chicken is the most scarce meat, it's returns need to be higher to keep it in line with the other meats.

Have you tried farming for meat? I did, I plunged a lot of time into it. I'd end up with a hundred each venison, pork, and cheap meat after each session, but only a handful of chicken.

Helio

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
But it is proportionate... there's a LOT less chickens around than there are Deer, Pigs, or the other assortment of creatures that give you cheap meat. Chicken is the most scarce meat, it's returns need to be higher to keep it in line with the other meats.
Chickens are also tiny and hard to spot from afar, unlike pigs and deer and Cheap Meat animals.