• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Season 13

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i guess 59 people viewed it and looks like everyone don't care either way? Then I'll leave it as is and save me the extra typing :)

xblade

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's good idea manti, Choice is yours if you so chose to go that route or not.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well yes, ultimately, the choice is mine but i do this for the public so everyone's comments count. :D

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think there is no need to include the year since the season is by the year, so I would just put Jan 3rd - A Large Pretty Item, this way you also avoid confusing players who put day before month as they are accustomed to.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, thanks for all you do Manticore, I like the idea of including the date. Playing devils advocate, the only reason I could see for putting the year is if at some point you plan on consolidating them all into one spot. It would make it a little easier to search and see the year right away. (as opposed to scrolling up to see the season).

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm may be a merge between Nails and your idea something like Jan. 1, 2015 but even under searches, it goes to the thread and not the specific post within the thread right so one would still have to sift through it.

Orich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not just start a Google Doc spreadsheet of all these, and include the link as Read Only?

You can put whatever data you want, and people can pivot by what they want.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adding the date is a great idea. I agree with Nails on the format though. I write dates day/month/year so it could get confusing for some. 1st Jan etc etc would be the better way.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not just start a Google Doc spreadsheet of all these, and include the link as Read Only?

You can put whatever data you want, and people can pivot by what they want.
Orich, sounds like a great idea but I am not computer savvy enough to figure that out and since I have a little bit of OCD, i.e. I want to see everything uniformed, this list is too long for me to go back and do it all over again. :(

Lord Clay Of Aquinas

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Orich, sounds like a great idea but I am not computer savvy enough to figure that out and since I have a little bit of OCD, i.e. I want to see everything uniformed, this list is too long for me to go back and do it all over again. :(
So why not give someone that is computer savvy the info and they can make the google spreadsheet, share it to you and give you edit privileges. Then share it to whomever else as view only privileges. That's what I've been doing with my rare sales.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Adding the date is plenty enough for me. I will always be a stratics fan. :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Adding the date would be a wonderful idea :)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be advantageous to include the UO date as well. Would add a stronger foundation connecting the events of UO with the game world rather than the take it out of the context of the game :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It would be advantageous to include the UO date as well. Would add a stronger foundation connecting the events of UO with the game world rather than the take it out of the context of the game :)
Yes, and the exact time it fell into our packs in both game time and real life time would be fantastic for building our role play around.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please elaborate what is UO date?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please elaborate what is UO date?
the year is 373, we will be coming up on year 374 in about a month earth time. thats from my rudimentary calculations. perhaps someone who enjoys exact math could calculate in earth leap-years.

For the sake of event items, i think the Britannian year would suffice.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the year is 373, we will be coming up on year 374 in about a month earth time. thats from my rudimentary calculations. perhaps someone who enjoys exact math could calculate in earth leap-years.

For the sake of event items, i think the Britannian year would suffice.
That's some cool stuff, I never knew UO had a separate calendar.