• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

King Announces New Policy At Council Meeting

Katrina Hawkins

UO Catskills News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
At the council meeting last night, the King introduced a new proposal to deal with governor’s that fail to appear for meetings. The three governors in attendance agreed that it was not unreasonable to expect attendance for at least one out of every three meetings. As a result, the King ruled that effective immediately any governor […]

Read the whole post here.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a bit of clarification here...

The King stated he still has to consult with a legal expert before this decision is made final. I believe it was his intent to gather the input of the Governors in attendance, with an actual final decision yet to come.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The King is in luck. It just so happens that Darian of the Law of Solamnia firm is currently accepting clients.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think really there is simply not enough within the entire city government thing that holds a lot of folks interest. Perhaps what UO needs are some brigands, played by people and not npc spawns to attack or other wise bother towns and citizens. The whole idea of player Governors seems great on the surface, but with the declining population of the game and the draw of other games that provide more to do, there simply needs to be more to hold the interest and make players want to play.

I suggest beheading any governors who miss three meetings. This could be very exciting, and the acting governor of the town with the headless governor can sell souvenirs.

P.S. If the king needs a lawyer the firm of Dowe Cheatem and How also stands ready.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is already possible. All the governor needs to do is let the king know someone else will be speaking for them. A few of us have done so at different times.

Katrina Hawkins

UO Catskills News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Just a bit of clarification here...

The King stated he still has to consult with a legal expert before this decision is made final. I believe it was his intent to gather the input of the Governors in attendance, with an actual final decision yet to come.
I read it as the actual policy was in force and he wanted to consult with the legal expert over how best to handle the replacement aspect between the two different options mentioned by the governors.

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That is already possible. All the governor needs to do is let the king know someone else will be speaking for them. A few of us have done so at different times.
Yes, it was made possible last term. The problem being that a lot of Governor's sign up for the position and then think, "Oh well.. I never have to actually do anything.. or show up..Or.. they will just re-elect me next term." That's about to not be the case. If you sign up for an political office, expect to be held accountable in game. If you don't have time.. wonderful! I, being a Mother of two, totally get that real life comes first. That's also why ONE time away is understandable. But typically the man puts these dates up way way way in advance. You mean to tell me, The Governor's can't contact him and keep in touch prior to that. It reeks of laziness.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was actually possible from the get go as far as I know. I remember my first term the governor of Moonglow never showed up for a single meeting, he sent a representative to every one of them. I totally agree that governor's should be held accountable. There are other people willing to fill the positions in most places. Not only are the dates up in advance, but there's a schedule posted with them included. There's just about no reason why someone shouldn't be able to make contact in advance.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't know that. Thank you Thom. I know Governess Mare will always have someone to help her out ;)