• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Serbule Elections and the next Town Meeting

Auriel

Project: Gorgon Game Mod
VIP
Stratics Veteran
In the wake of caring for the needs of the homeless elves who have come to live in Serbule, it was fallen to the military keep order. The town is growing and is prosperous, so it is time to give it back to the people. They have worked hard and deserve a say in what goes on. Too many disgruntled voices are stirring the fires. Some say the military is corrupt. Some say the Council has forgotten about us. Others feel the elves have had it easy for too long, remaining uppity in their continuing to live off charity. This may all be rumor, but talk leads to division in a time we should be celebrating together.

In three weeks time, there will be an election in Serbule for the offices of Mayor and Ambassador of Serbule. Ideally these offices should be held by players and not NPCs, but we must include them in the vote, lest they start to feel discriminated against. Most of the responsibilities will fall under the catagories of RP, Live Events, and Community Building. Specific details will be ironed out in our next town meeting.

These offices will also have some perks. The Mayor will have a specified weekly allotment of speed potions, flight potion, armor repair potions as well as vanity clothing in the town's official colors. The Ambassador will have a specified weekly allotment of speed potions, recall stones, and vanity clothing in the town's official colors. What this allotment is, the town's colors, and any other perks being considered will be decided and/or announced at the next town meeting.

It is highly encouraged, but not required to RP the role, as well as the election leading up to it. If you need help in portraying a certain race, or need ideas on a campaigning angle, or anything else, please ask.

The next town meeting will take place next Saturday, Aug 16, at 2pm cst.

ALinkToTheFuture

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I would like to nominate Qyra and ALinkToTheFuture for town Mayor and Ambassador respectively.

If I can't nominate myself then my nomination for Qyra still stands firm.

Qyra

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Lol, I don't get involved in politics, sorry :) but awesome idea! sounds exciting

seasidelion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
nominate lyramis, dreadz and grem for mayor and ambassador if they are interested.

Any thoughts on multiple people per position, possibly in different time zones? With my new schedule I have been logging in at random times (as when I first started playing) and see a different group on at each time.

ALinkToTheFuture

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
nominate lyramis, dreadz and grem for mayor and ambassador if they are interested.

Any thoughts on multiple people per position, possibly in different time zones? With my new schedule I have been logging in at random times (as when I first started playing) and see a different group on at each time.
Multiple people holding the same position? Might make decisions harder but sounds like an interesting idea.

Last edited:

Qyra

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Or we could go with a republic style ruling council, with consul and proconsul heheh. well that might be for when we take over the world, not quite there yet ;)

Auriel

Project: Gorgon Game Mod
VIP
Stratics Veteran
All nominations will be announced at the meeting today as well as the idea of multiple people in elected rolls.