• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Footwear BoDs

solembow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 4 BOD gathering chars with 100-120 tailoring on each. Yet I virtually never get any footwear BoDs. Would I have better luck with a runner with 70 or below tailoring skill? Seriously becoming frustrating when trying to fill LBODS for sewing kits as many of them require small footwear bods.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I have a bunch of BOD gathererers, some with .1, some with 30, one at ~50 and one at 120 or thereabouts.

I get a huge precentage of footwear BODs with the guy at 50ish relative to the others. I am not sure if that is really the "sweet spot" for footwear, but I can tell you for sure that the sweet spot isn't >100 or at .1.

solembow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for responding. The number of footwear bods I get is so insanely low I am starting to think I'm cursed or it's some sort of conspiracy!

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
My 120 tailor gets more LBODs that need footwear than he gets footwear small BODs I would say.

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get a ton of footwear bods, unfortunately they're all spined when I need regular. And when I do get a regular it's either too small or not exceptional. It would be nice if bribing on leather footwear didn't auto-jump it to spined.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Even for the LBODS that are like hat, tunic, pants, boots, you can use barbed exeptional leather to fill that deed. Yeah, the barbed leather is more pricey than normal, but it guarantees that every deed is usable. I think that holds true if you get a 20 normal leather 4x footwear (gives spined kit) deed.

Also, bribing doesn't always jump it to the next higher type. There was another thread about this a while back, I think there's approx a 75% or 2 in 3 chance that bribing it goes up in material, and then the other 25 or 35% that it becomes either exceptional or goes up in size.

solembow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So basically I am just very unlucky when it comes to the footwear. Being on a very sparsely populated shard makes trading virtually impossible so I'm pretty boned. Think I'll make a 70 tailoring runner and see what kind of bods he receives.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand your pain with the footwear. I have 181 LBOD's waiting on footwear. I usually never turn in completed small footwear; I just keep until I need them.

I have a character with 33 tailoring and she seems to be better at receiving small footwear BODs. This morning I took three 15 count shoes to try to bribe to 20 count. Two of them went to spined and one actually went up to 20.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I understand your pain with the footwear. I have 181 LBOD's waiting on footwear. I usually never turn in completed small footwear; I just keep until I need them.

I have a character with 33 tailoring and she seems to be better at receiving small footwear BODs. This morning I took three 15 count shoes to try to bribe to 20 count. Two of them went to spined and one actually went up to 20.
Understanding pain is one thing, choosing to continue to feel pain, when someone has given you the free solution is another.

Please see my post from yesterday for the solution for the problem.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(Even for the LBODS that are like hat, tunic, pants, boots, you can use barbed exeptional leather to fill that deed. Yeah, the barbed leather is more pricey than normal, but it guarantees that every deed is usable. I think that holds true if you get a 20 normal leather 4x footwear (gives spined kit) deed.)

Is this the solution you are talking about? If yes, then what you are saying is (for example) if I have a LBOD Cloth 15 count that I don't need a normal leather 15 count footwear to fill it. I can use a barbed ex. 15 count to fill it.
If this is what you mean, then yes I know this. Also, it doesn't have to be barbed exceptional to fill it; as long as it's a higher level leather than the LBOD calls for.

If this is not what you meant, then I'm not sure what you did mean.

Edited to add: I just tried a horned SBOD with a spined LBOD and it did not work. But, the horned SBOD did work with the normal leather LBOD.

Last edited:

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Even for the LBODS that are like hat, tunic, pants, boots, you can use barbed exeptional leather to fill that deed. Yeah, the barbed leather is more pricey than normal, but it guarantees that every deed is usable. I think that holds true if you get a 20 normal leather 4x footwear (gives spined kit) deed.)

Is this the solution you are talking about? If yes, then what you are saying is (for example) if I have a LBOD Cloth 15 count that I don't need a normal leather 15 count footwear to fill it. I can use a barbed ex. 15 count to fill it.
If this is what you mean, then yes I know this. Also, it doesn't have to be barbed exceptional to fill it; as long as it's a higher level leather than the LBOD calls for.

If this is not what you meant, then I'm not sure what you did mean.

Edited to add: I just tried a horned SBOD with a spined LBOD and it did not work. But, the horned SBOD did work with the normal leather LBOD.
And once again I learn something new. I confirmed this as well, 10x spine small will work on a 10x cloth shoe large. I didnt try normal vs exceptional spined or horned or barbed, was just happy that I could use some of my stockpiled shoes!
And a side note, while testing this I came across 30 large cloth deeds which I had forgotten about and actually had all the smalls to finish, even had the matching shoe deeds!
Happy day.