• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pub 86 - Global Loot Revamp

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Post issues related to the global loot revamp here.

Known Issues as of 7/19/2014 1:14pm

Paragon chest loot does not convert
Talisman item property generation is not working within expected intensity ranges

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Global loot doesn't seem to have effected paragon chests, whether that's intended or not.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Not all of same kind of monsters get the new loot, are that intended to allow stuff like jewelry with only FC and FCR to still drop?
All in all, it seem great, better than old loot but not to powerful. I really look forward to see it on Siege. Will Siege get the Trammel version or the Felucca version with 1000 extra luck points. I really hope for the Felucca version as we replace our stuff far more often than normal shards.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Not all of same kind of monsters get the new loot, are that intended to allow stuff like jewelry with only FC and FCR to still drop?
All in all, it seem great, better than old loot but not to powerful. I really look forward to see it on Siege. Will Siege get the Trammel version or the Felucca version with 1000 extra luck points. I really hope for the Felucca version as we replace our stuff far more often than normal shards.
I agree, it is Felucca and should have the luck and other bonuses on all loot. In fact, this should be on all facets since you are vulnerable everywhere.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, it is Felucca and should have the luck and other bonuses on all loot. In fact, this should be on all facets since you are vulnerable everywhere.
But then won't zero luck really be 1000? basically your just asking for all drops and loot to have a bonus in siege. heh.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
But then won't zero luck really be 1000? basically your just asking for all drops and loot to have a bonus in siege. heh.
Yes, that is exactly what I am advocating. If you cannot insure anything and only bless one item, I think you should be able to earn usable, quality loot more easily than on the Prodo shards.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loot in spawning chests like those in Yew Crypts or Vesper Bank seems not to have magical properties at all.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ive killed an orc that ambushed me and the loot was normal , not revamped loot at all

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to Wrong (Felucca) and found some decent stuff there, along with some good loot on a non-Paragon Balron in Ilshenar Chaos. A guildmate copied his toons & we did a Melisande (Felucca), and the loot was FANTASTIC. One of the Talismans gave a 43% bonus to Inscription.

Afterwards, we went to Ilsh Spirit and killed Oaks. The loot wasn't as good as Melisande, but it was great. Once this publish goes live to regular shards, would I be correct in assuming that the loot table for Champions in Felucca will be similar to that of a Peerless?

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It make perfect sense, as our new players have hard replace lost gear, special if they want to PvP, Siege loot on all facets should have the Felucca bonus but I would be happy if just the Felucca facet got it.

As we don't have and don't wish to have Item Insurance, we replace our stuff far more often, not only when dying to players but to hard spawn too, if the player can't make it back.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This are a very heavy Straw Hat, 50 stones, I would not want to use it :)

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just did a Melisande run in Fel. There was so much loot on the corpse I could barely loot it all. However, there were quite a few items, regular weapons, bows, armor, etc that had a weight of 50. I have a bag full of them on test now. I can't imagine that this was intended?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just did a Melisande run in Fel. There was so much loot on the corpse I could barely loot it all. However, there were quite a few items, regular weapons, bows, armor, etc that had a weight of 50. I have a bag full of them on test now. I can't imagine that this was intended?
Did the items have other magical properties and have a "Lesser Magic Item" type tag? A weight of 50 is a negative property called Unweildly, where items are heavier than normal.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did the items have other magical properties and have a "Lesser Magic Item" type tag? A weight of 50 is a negative property called Unweildly, where items are heavier than normal.
They all had properties and were magic items, some lesser, and I think one was greater. None had a title indicating that it was "Unwieldy". Trying to identify these items and get them out of my bag was time consuming enough that I couldn't loot all of the items on the Melisande corpse and had to let about 25% of the loot decay.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I too do feel, 50 stones are to much.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone in a different post was saying they got antigue items on a production shard already. Is that supposed to be possible?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If the weight was lowered wouldn't it become wieldy again. Lol. What's the differnce if one thing you carried being 50 stones when most characters can carry like 500+ stones easily? I say make it 75!
The problem with that approach is that they aren't even worth collecting to unravel, since they have such weight footprint on your backpack.
Ideally, this negative property would add 10 stones to the item at hand or double it's weight, whichever is greater.

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with that approach is that they aren't even worth collecting to unravel, since they have such weight footprint on your backpack.
Ideally, this negative property would add 10 stones to the item at hand or double it's weight, whichever is greater.
I agree with 50 being a bit high. But 10 or double is too low. Inbetween I find it fair.

Besides that I have to say: So far I like the loot revamp. Seems balanced to me, not too powerful or not strong enough to check....
Now a monster-revamp needs to be done:
Killed some Onis this morning at one of my old favorite hunting spots, and was a little disapointed by the low properties, but then I thought, "well these things are way to easy to kill nowadays anyways....so they got it right!"

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now a monster-revamp needs to be done:
Killed some Onis this morning at one of my old favorite hunting spots, and was a little disapointed by the low properties, but then I thought, "well these things are way to easy to kill nowadays anyways....so they got it right!"
That is just the nature of older content in an MMO.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone in a different post was saying they got antigue items on a production shard already. Is that supposed to be possible?
Check the Despise reward Wisp or the Void Pool reward NPC in cove. The items already state "antique" but from what i experience they still show ephemeral behaviour.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, that is exactly what I am advocating. If you cannot insure anything and only bless one item, I think you should be able to earn usable, quality loot more easily than on the Prodo shards.
my point was.. if 1k is the new zero
.. on siege... everywhere... there is no bonus. its just standard.

kinda takes the fun out of it. i have a char and a house there. i play him daily so i know about your only allowed one item blessed... if your not a fan of one item insured then maybe play another shard? :eek:

being a siege player myself... to me should still be fel only.

but of course that's my opinion. :) and i respect urs. fel is a big place.. plenty of spawn and loot.

i guess my main problem is wanting to keep players hunting in the same lands to greater the chance of running into a fellow player... being populations dropping on siege lately.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Instead of it just being 50 stones, maybe it should be tagged with "unwieldly" on the item. Just like it says "antigue" on those items. That would clear up any confusion, plus let people know whether to loot it or not. Just throwing that out there as a suggestion.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
50 stones sounds a tad too much, so such items will too often be left aside to decay with the body.
Would it be possible to decrease that max weight of that negative property to 20 stones or 25 stones?
its a negative, i think 50 is perfect. its to the point where 1 or 2 items could be used in a setup effectively, but you couldnt make a whole suit out of it.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you should get more legendary artifacts with an unwieldy property of 100-125..you still could use them just have to be more careful of inventory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... I'm just going to ask. With the global loot system soon to be spawning shame / Cove / wring style loot on all monsters does the difficulty of the monsters increase? I haven't read that it does anywhere but if that is the case then don't your old school monsters drop VERY low intensity stuff then? I've farmed a ton and with 3k luck level 2 shame monsters can produce useful items but those monsters are quite buffed up compared to standard stuff.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... I'm just going to ask. With the global loot system soon to be spawning shame / Cove / wring style loot on all monsters does the difficulty of the monsters increase? I haven't read that it does anywhere but if that is the case then don't your old school monsters drop VERY low intensity stuff then? I've farmed a ton and with 3k luck level 2 shame monsters can produce useful items but those monsters are quite buffed up compared to standard stuff.
Outside of the trade quest stuff (which likely hasn't been fixed yet), no, the difficulty of monsters has not increased. Peerless & Champions have the best stuff I've seen so far, in my limited testing (which has been somewhat difficult on a tamer, due to TC1 deleting the pets I've copied from LS)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I do not feel I get better loot in Fel than in Trammel. I have got more relic from bags of loot from Trammel overland than Fel overland.
It may just be bad luck, as I can see I get more greater and major magic items in Fel with my 320 luck.
I did a little better, when I found a house with a luck statue
I'm also wondering, should there not be stoned harpies in Fel Coveteus? At least we have that on Siege.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not feel I get better loot in Fel than in Trammel. I have got more relic from bags of loot from Trammel overland than Fel overland.
It may just be bad luck, as I can see I get more greater and major magic items in Fel with my 320 luck.
I did a little better, when I found a house with a luck statue
I'm also wondering, should there not be stoned harpies in Fel Coveteus? At least we have that on Siege.
How recently have you been in Covetous on Siege? As far as I know they now have the re-vamp spawn like the other shards?
They definitely have the void pool in Covetous 2!!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
How recently have you been in Covetous on Siege? As far as I know they now have the re-vamp spawn like the other shards?
They definitely have the void pool in Covetous 2!!
The loot I was speaking about was from overland. It do look better in Felucca but do not seem to give more relic, when I unraw it.
The comment about Coveteus was only about the harpies, I was just wondering, as there was the same kind on TC1 level 1 as in in Trammel

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Covetous is exactly the same Trammel and Felucca - and Siege. Dazzled harpies, vampire mongbats and strange gazers level 1. Void pool level 2 and Cora's minions level 3 with Cora where the dragon used to be.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Covetous is exactly the same Trammel and Felucca - and Siege. Dazzled harpies, vampire mongbats and strange gazers level 1. Void pool level 2 and Cora's minions level 3 with Cora where the dragon used to be.
You right, looks like it is my memory that fail me here :)

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tested ingeniously treasure maps and I was pretty disappointed. There wasnt any item near keeping. We were only doing 3 maps, 1 without luck, 2 with 2250 luck, but still alot of items. highest imbue intensity was 543 and only 2-4 items each map were over 500. I guess lower level maps have even worse loot. So it looks like that 99% of the items will be unraveled oder trashed. I was hoping that at least the high level maps would be worth doing for some good items, but it doesnt look like. Anyone else can share some experience?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tested ingeniously treasure maps and I was pretty disappointed. There wasnt any item near keeping. We were only doing 3 maps, 1 without luck, 2 with 2250 luck, but still alot of items. highest imbue intensity was 543 and only 2-4 items each map were over 500. I guess lower level maps have even worse loot. So it looks like that 99% of the items will be unraveled oder trashed. I was hoping that at least the high level maps would be worth doing for some good items, but it doesnt look like. Anyone else can share some experience?
i would suggest doing 10-20 chests, and seeing how many 2-3 property clean overcaps or ssi jewels you get. thats going to be value factor, not high intensity loot. remember treasure chests already have arties / scrolls / pardons.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you should get more legendary artifacts with an unwieldy property of 100-125..you still could use them just have to be more careful of inventory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i think a better approach would be to add a lower requirements mod to spined enhanced. maybe 50-75 percent. that way tailoring would have the option to lower reqs just like smithing or bowyer. it would be a slight tradeoff in resists to make a very good, but negative mod item useable.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question regarding Jewelry:

Since rings and bracelets seem to have durability regardless of having a negative property or being completely clean, are there any plans to allow these items to have Powder of Fortifying applied to them?

There would be no difference between imbued/non-imbued jewelry, and a minimal difference with some negatives on these items.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Question:
As VvV are far from being ready for live shard, will we see New Global Look, Traders Quest and update to Clean up Britain go live before VvV are ready.
Waiting are hard and it look like this 3 parts are closer to be ready for the shards. I know there still are a problem with the abusive spawn and the rewards for the Traders Quest and a few who are worried, about the high level drop of new loot.
Can we get this 3 parts ready and then VvV can come when ready.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question: since the luck system works based on Luck +/- Party Size, I assume this is when the creature in question is killed, while in a party?

If so, Would it be possible for you to add an option to split the loot on the corpse between party members, just as it is when multiple non-partied players kill something, such as a boss/peerless?

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a New Loot in MIB's question..... Are we going to lose all of the loot that the MIB's give now? (I hope not!)

I actually like the Bronzed Armor of the Valkyrie and the Enchanted Kelp Woven Leggings..... And I know some who love the cloth they get from the antique wedding dresses, even though I think you can now get that using the new dye tubs. I was trying to test it out tonight, but couldn't get a sea serpent to get an MIB. I will try again tomorrow. Has anyone tried the MIB's yet?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
There are SOS in your bank on TC
I only did 2 of them, did not get any of this 3 items. I was a little disappointed about the chests, special the white ones

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I did the rest, non of the magic loot was worth keeping and I did not get just a single relic from unrawing.
Not sure what did happen with my white SOS, there was very little resources in the chest, maybe the unwieldy items messed it up and made chest to heavy so that's the reason there was so few items in it
I did not get any Bronzed Armor of the Valkyrie, the Enchanted Kelp Woven Leggings or the antique wedding dresses. I did get a plain dress but was not a wedding dress. I got 2 wand, they looked normal, I was very happy for that.

A little more gems and a little better magic stuff would be nice, they are not better than the ones on shard now, that's sad.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question:
As VvV are far from being ready for live shard, will we see New Global Look, Traders Quest and update to Clean up Britain go live before VvV are ready.
Waiting are hard and it look like this 3 parts are closer to be ready for the shards. I know there still are a problem with the abusive spawn and the rewards for the Traders Quest and a few who are worried, about the high level drop of new loot.
Can we get this 3 parts ready and then VvV can come when ready.
Please let this happen... We don't even have Part 2 of VvV on Test yet, and even just what we have now may need to be tweaked a lot (Haven't tried; no interest whatsoever). Meanwhile the other stuff is pretty much finished (scaling on trade quest monsters is the main issue I know of)

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I fished up some tonight. I saw nothing that I would consider wearing. :( And there was none of the old loot - kelp woven leggings, bronzed armor of the Valkyrie, driftwood bows, or antique wedding dress. :(

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I fished up some tonight. I saw nothing that I would consider wearing. :( And there was none of the old loot - kelp woven leggings, bronzed armor of the Valkyrie, driftwood bows, or antique wedding dress. :(
Keep the specials in the loot list please, and give the MiBs and the high level treasure chest a bump in loot intensity, so that it is worth going through all that stuff.