• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will there be a character wipe?

Salo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I've played quite a few MMOs when they were in early stages such as alpha/beta and when they're officially released, there is a character wipe to ensure everyone has a fresh start. I was wondering if that would be the case here. ( Really hoping there wont be one )

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
We aren't planning to do one. I don't think it's particularly useful to wipe the server of a crowdsourced PvE game. HOWEVER, various parts of your character will definitely get wiped as we revise and rework things. Entire skills have been reset in the past, and probably will again, and I can't promise we won't wipe entire categories of inventory items, etc.

And, well, I guess if a lot of beta testers rally for a character wipe, we can certainly do one... I'm just giving you my current expectation!

Wyrmrider

VIP
Stratics Veteran
I'm glad we'll be able to keep our progress, but I would also be down for a mass-rerolling event on launch. :)

Dreadz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm glad we'll be able to keep our progress, but I would also be down for a mass-rerolling event on launch. :)
what do u mean " rerollinig event" ? there really isn't anything to reroll due to there are no stats suchs as str, dex. char ...... etc.

Wyrmrider

VIP
Stratics Veteran
I mean it can be fun to create a new character as the same time as other people.