• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Volunteers Needed for Kickstarter!

Auriel

Project: Gorgon Game Mod
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I need volunteers!

Helpers: I know some of you have self designated yourselves as helpers and I and the devs are truly appreciative of that. What I would like to do is expand your role as Helper during the time of Kickstart.

• Gather folk and do dungeon runs, all the while teaching about the dungeon and the monsters, as well as their skills of choice if you are familiar with them.

• Talk up any events that are coming up, and there will be more than usual during this time period.

• Be available to brand new player, BUT please do not overwelm them. It is sometimes hard to know how involved to get with folks still in the beginner cave. The curse and the wall can be challenging. But some players like to explore and discover on their own. Let them know you are there if they have questions or are having trouble getting gear they need.

• Since we do not have a way to store things to give away, lets decide on a couple designated areas to leave gear that is free to anyone. Right now it seems the fountain area in Serbule is being used for that purpose. Another area that might be nice for basic gear is the mushroom area in front of the beginner dungeon.

Live Event Participants: I need folks willing to help me run events as well as share ideas for live events.

• Be willing to make a character to take part in RP events.

• Save extremely valuable gear for promotional prizes.

• Be willing to help out in organizing and manning any number of non-RP events.

Writers: I need folks to write...like yesterday!

• Instructional posts in the forums.

• Wiki (many people do not want to talk to helpful people in game but would find the answers to their questions in a wiki)

• Maps, cause....how long did it take -you- to remember where Tadion is?

• Charts for crafting and other skills. For example: a list of things you can cook, the ingredients and what the food does when eaten.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
We're rooting for you! :)

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have to add a couple things!

Hosts: I will need people who are knowledgable enough to host Q & A sessions.

Twitch Streamers: I will need people who can do live streams, with chat and talk. These streams will be channeled though Stratics so ya can't be shy!

YouTubers: I need some videos we can put in the Stratics library for viewing.

Social Media Users: When a video or article is posted, share it! Tell your friends and have them tell their friends. Word of mouth is the best advertisement!!

seasidelion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
When is the kickstarter? I would love to help provided I am available. Shouldn't be a problem as my job search is over :)

I just downloaded (and am currently test streaming) OBS. I have no mic or camera atm, but possibly could get these in time for the event (cash is tight atm)

I'll make sure I record any streams and they can be uploaded to youtube. I have my own twitch and youtube that can be used.

Ideas for streaming kickstarter:
-Run dungeons with group
-Show off different animal forms and combat combos
-Play around with Words of Power, speed items, jump potions etc
-PVP (duels, ffa, king of the hill etc)

any other ideas or feedback?

-seasidelion
(seas)

Gremror

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
> Charts for crafting and other skills. For example: a list of things you can cook, the ingredients and what the food does when eaten.

This has Rojjin written all over it... haha

> Wiki (many people do not want to talk to helpful people in game but would find the answers to their questions in a wiki)

I'll start adding to the wiki again ASAP!

> Gather folk and do dungeon runs, all the while teaching about the dungeon and the monsters, as well as their skills of choice if you are familiar with them.
> Talk up any events that are coming up, and there will be more than usual during this time period.

These are these I'm happy to keep doing :D

I actually had a really great time recently doing a dungeon run with two newbies; I switched to the role of healer using mentalism and psychology, and got to level mentalism whilst they got to explore and experience the dungeon in a way they otherwise wouldn't have, but without me just blitzing everything.

We were talking about PvP stuff yesterday; if we got enough people, we could have team battles by grouping into two groups. And actually, PvP grouping could become the basis for establishing guilds, since it would provide incentive to organise as a group. Also, MOAR PET BATTLES!

Rojjin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
> Charts for crafting and other skills. For example: a list of things you can cook, the ingredients and what the food does when eaten.

This has Rojjin written all over it... haha
heh.. I'm missing a few of the newer recipes.. and i don't know if i could even get them all formulated before the Ks starts.

easier to just have Eric email you them and you tabulate them on the wiki.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When is the kickstarter?
I just downloaded (and am currently test streaming) OBS. I have no mic or camera atm, but possibly could get these in time for the event (cash is tight atm)

I'll make sure I record any streams and they can be uploaded to youtube. I have my own twitch and youtube that can be used.
*steals seas from Auriel* I need a player streamer for promotions! If there is a live event next week or you want to do a dungeon run or something, I am in need of a player run stream this coming week. This will stream over Stratics to promote Kickstarter (July 31), so will need full support, moderation and talk. Auriel will be about to help with this, as well as Eric, possibly Aaron and the Stratics staff. We have a bit of a twitch guru here if needed for set up, and Eric is putting together an official PG twitch channel as well.

You up for this? *grins*

Turkeyneck

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I don't know if I'm late to the party or not, but I'd love to help fill out the wiki with maps, guides for quests, NPC locations/inventories and the like if nobody has already taken up the responsibility.

Gremror

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah I've been a bit slack since I was too busy irl to help out for 1-2 weeks, but the wikia needs every contribution it can get. There's lots of huge gaps, but the more people working on adding and editing articles the faster it'll get done and the more useful the wikia will be!

Just remember to follow the correct page format when adding new articles. What I do is find a similar article, then go into edit and copy the whole thing, then edit it to make it into an entirely new article. Easiest way, I think.

Rojjin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have been doing some contributions to the wiki in the enemy section and eventually i would like to do the same in the item section.

For a new wiki editor like me the templates have been pretty useful.
to other wiki editors (I've been on break from it since. RL crap) don't link to antiquated pages.. there is no longer a "forest zone" it is simply Serbule.. the town itself can be considered Serbule proper if need be. I just cant delete stuff so "forest" zone is a redirect to serb...