• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My newfound distrust for Toad Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrag of Siege Perilous

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So I decided to try my luck with the Toad Town auctions a couple weeks back (submitted items for the may 25th auction). I submitted a bag full of items (some high luck items, some decent mage items, medussa statue, heritage tokens, etc.). I also submitted a house to the auction after running the idea by the Toad Town leader Queen Arya. So I decided I wanted to touch base with Alexander because 1) I accidentally dropped my bag without the book in it and the book went in separately afterwards and 2) I wanted to make sure there was no issue auctioning off the house. So I asked how to get in touch with him. His guildmates repeatedly told me that he wasn't online (every time I asked) and that he was not replying to their messages regarding the situation. He did, however, log on and retrieve the items from the mailbox. So the day of the auction finally comes around and what do we hear? Alexander lost his internet connection because of a storm. Okay, that's unfortunate, however anybody with a smart phone can easily connect with enough bandwidth to run an auction for a couple of hours. But instead he cancels it. Fair enough, I ask for him to give my items back. Oh wait once again he is unreachable and refuses to return the items (including the ones he pocketed that never got put on the auction list). So despite my having to be on the road and being unable to attend the auction he refused to return my items (or just didn't bother talking to his guild because I made it very clear I did not want my items going up on auction without me being able to be present to verify the sale price etc.). Bottom line is I do not trust Toad Town's auction house and will never bring my business to them again. I also feel that this is something that the rest of the server should be made aware of when considering conducting business with them.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
oh... and one more question... folks can connect to UO with a smart phone?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sheshhh.... with that being the case I REALLY need to rethink my hatred of smart phones :D

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Exploit_SX

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I decided to try my luck with the Toad Town auctions a couple weeks back (submitted items for the may 25th auction). I submitted a bag full of items (some high luck items, some decent mage items, medussa statue, heritage tokens, etc.). I also submitted a house to the auction after running the idea by the Toad Town leader Queen Arya. So I decided I wanted to touch base with Alexander because 1) I accidentally dropped my bag without the book in it and the book went in separately afterwards and 2) I wanted to make sure there was no issue auctioning off the house. So I asked how to get in touch with him. His guildmates repeatedly told me that he wasn't online (every time I asked) and that he was not replying to their messages regarding the situation. He did, however, log on and retrieve the items from the mailbox. So the day of the auction finally comes around and what do we hear? Alexander lost his internet connection because of a storm. Okay, that's unfortunate, however anybody with a smart phone can easily connect with enough bandwidth to run an auction for a couple of hours. But instead he cancels it. Fair enough, I ask for him to give my items back. Oh wait once again he is unreachable and refuses to return the items (including the ones he pocketed that never got put on the auction list). So despite my having to be on the road and being unable to attend the auction he refused to return my items (or just didn't bother talking to his guild because I made it very clear I did not want my items going up on auction without me being able to be present to verify the sale price etc.). Bottom line is I do not trust Toad Town's auction house and will never bring my business to them again. I also feel that this is something that the rest of the server should be made aware of when considering conducting business with them.

First off, what the hell is with the wall of text? I mean seriously have you ever heard of a paragraph? Second, I highly doubt Alex would pocket any of your junk. Alex is one of the most honest people I know in this game. Perhaps you should read the book in his auction house before making a long WALL OF TEXT post. Alex does a great job with his auctions. He has a storm and loses power so you freak out? I mean are you kidding me? Host an auction on his cell phone, WHAT A GREAT IDEA! Not... You remind me of the one guy on ebay who gives you negative feedback because of something stupid.

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just collected from Alexander yesterday from an auction weeks ago......had no problem...........

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, this is the first I've seen this post so let me defend myself before it gets locked up by mods.

1) Who in the hell says I owned a damn smartphone anyway??

2) When someone makes a submit, I always encourage EVERYONE to read my 'Rule & Need-to-knows' for the Toad Town Auction house. So here are a few guide-lines that I assume you haven't even glanced:

a) I am VERY busy throughout the week. I have a job, I'm preparing for college, and I actually want to spend time with my family before i leave in two months. So if you want your winnings, stay after the auction to claim it. Otherwise, suck it up and wait until I can get on.

b) I am the ONLY one who runs the Auction. Queen Arya and Lanfear are only there to detect hidden, nothing else. So if you need to contact me, there are many ways. Bulletin board, leave a book in my mailbox saying you need to contact me, or hell, pm me on stratics.

c) if there isn't a start bid for a item in the book, it will not be auctioned off because I do not know what your minimum is.
d) If you are attached to an item, be sure to put a damn reserve. Don't come at me saying 'I sold your **** for pennies" only to find out you put them at open. If someone submitted me a 20M item and it sell for 5M, but they put it as open... who's damn fault is that??????

3) I have held over 26 auctions, and handled over 20 billion worth of items, I don't think you and your 15 mil complaint bothers me in any regards.

4) Please get your facts straight before accusing a highly reputable player, broker, rares collector, and auctioneer. If you told Queen Arya to not auction you items, she never relayed the message to me, in fact; you don't need to be telling queen arya anything because she isn't the auctioneer. I have over 5 different ways of contact and I can see you used none of them.

5) Yes you submitted a house, but in order for me to auction a house, I need information and not the little info you provided in a book. Also, when you submitted the rune to the house, there was a vendor next to the mailbox that said "SUBMITS CLOSED"... and yet you still submitted. Rules apply to everyone, I don't see a reason why you would be so special.

6) Yes, my internet got knocked out due to a storm. No, I don't own a damn smartphone.

7) I Thank you for your lack-of-knowledge post here, it really entertained me. IF you think you can do better, by all means open up a auction house.
In my personal observation, you aren't familiar with Atlantic, so my advise is to go back to Siege and mingle with people there, as your name states: Skrag of Siege Perilous

And honestly, at this point i don't give a damn if I came off rude or negative in this post. You have slandered my name, toad Towns name, and our reputation by YOUR lack of knowledge and that is something I will NOT tolerate. Like I said, I have done 26 auctions without an issue.. I'm sure i can do 26 more without any issues. So you can take you and your negative post somewhere else.

P.S. I don't steal or scam. So why in the hell would i risk my reputation to steal a 3m Medusa Statue? Get your facts straight kid...

Last edited:

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gotta agree with the previous posters... The stuff he has mentioned could not possibly have been over 200m and Alex wouldn't even trash his rep like that for over 2B. :/
The total worth of his submission was 15-20M... I sold a few items for the value of 8.31M...

Last edited:

Dochtuir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I can attest to the smartphone thing. I play from a tether at work. Mostly do crafting etc. however you pay for that ability on your phone. It is not included on base plans from any major provider.

AT&T charges $50 a month to tether with 5gig of data. The datais not separated from you other data. So checking email etc on your phone draws from the same pool.

Kayne.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can attest to the smartphone thing. I play from a tether at work. Mostly do crafting etc. however you pay for that ability on your phone. It is not included on base plans from any major provider.

AT&T charges $50 a month to tether with 5gig of data. The datais not separated from you other data. So checking email etc on your phone draws from the same pool.

Playing games at work. Lol.

I think people are missing the point of that though. That was a rough storm. I made sure my family was safe rather than sit and play a video game.

OP. Grow up.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, here are a few things the OP REALLY needs to think about before posting an idiotic post such as this one:

1) Why would I intentionally delete an item from a book that will go into my auction. If you aren't updated to the 21st Century, let me explain. I auction off peoples items and take a 10% commission as payment. So basically, you are saying I would purposely not auction off an item and lose the 10% I can make from it? Real smart OP, even though the June 1 Auction took no commission, I was taking commission for the May 25th one, yet you still don't see the Medusa statue listed in that auction.

http://stratics.com/community/threa...2014-sunday-5pm-eastern-standard-time.316218/

2) I'm still baffled that you think everyone has a smartphone, but lets humor the idea shall we. I live in an area where it is VERY common to have tornadoes and very severe thunderstorms. I think that when it gets to the point that my power is knocked out, I don't think the main priority would be to update pixels. But to make sure I and my family are safe first.

3) I tried talking to you in a professional tone in-game whilst you bashed my name in. Even though the comments that you said were false, I had let it go. Yet, you went onto a public forum, spread VERY FALSE accusations without enough sense to think the situation through, and you STILL think I was out to scam and steal from you. This sir, shows a shortage of intelligence on your part.

4) Although I am sorry that you had a negative experience, I do not however have any sympathy for you at all because of the road you took. Your profile states you are 29 years of age, and if this be true, I pity you. I just turned 18 June 2nd, and can assure you I have double the maturity and respect for people than you can fathom.

5) Maybe you need a new outlook on people if you only think that everyone is out to steal from you. Like I said, I have ran 26 auctions and handled over 20 billion worth of items. I have no reason to steal from ANYONE. I run the auctions for the public, not for my personal gain. If you choose to not bring your business to my auction house, that is your call. However, understand that if anything went wrong, it was by your own actions. You put the bidding at open, they sold for their value. You didn't try the methods to contact me, yet you blame me for not getting in contact with you. I can't read minds, sir.

6) Queen Arya is a guest to the Auction house like you and everyone else. I am the only staff that partakes in the event. I am the only one with access to the items, gold, and mailbox. So if you or anyone has any questions regarding the auction, please note to contact me.

7) I see you have a stratics account, and have had it for a few years. If you would have done your part and get to know the auction house before you submit, you would find that I advertise the auction on 3 major forums on STRATICS. I can check stratics more often than UO, and yet you took no initiative to contact me on stratics.

8) I had no knowledge of the many claims you have stated. I didn't know you wanted your items to not be auctioned off, therefore; I knew not to ask Queen or anyone about it. I can't read minds, sir. I can however read, so why didn't you specify that in the book you submitted?

9) For future reference. To auction off a house, I need the assurance you will be there. I need an actual price, and a way of contact for you. Simply dropping off a rune and a book stating that the house was for sale won't cut it. And even if you had the right information, auction submissions were obviously closed, so it wouldn't be in that weeks auction anyway.

10) When making submissions, you can either submit to me personally or through my mailbox. If you have any questions on submitting, as stated in that little handy book i was talking about, there is a purple bag on the auction floor that can show you how to submit. Queen Arya doesn't run the auction or take submissions, only myself.

11) When I was on, if it even matters now, I was trying to contact you to get more specific information for the Medusa statue and the house. You weren't on, yet you don't see me throwing a fit like two children fighting over crayons.

12) The part of me not replying to my 'guildmates' messages is a lie, which at this point i don't find hard to believe. I replied to the messages, more than once actually.

13) How can i refuse to return your items when i knew not that you were looking to retrieve them?

14) Pocketed = steal? Correct. Your accusations, all of them, lack proof. And even after I gave you your winnings and the items YOU FORGOT to list, you still accused me of crimes of which I did not commit. So this sir, makes you look like a complete idiot. Just saying.

15) I agree with Exploit. I'm not sure if you can even run UO off of a phone, but lets say you can. How could I succesfully run an auction consisting of 79 items, and over 50 people there on a phone? Canceling would be a way SMARTER idea in my honest opinion.

16) I check my bulletin board every time I log in, as well as my mailbox. I check stratics repeatedly throughout the day. I am in vent with Queen Arya as well as many other members of Toad Town. If you even took half the effort to try and actually contact me than it does to create this drama, we could have had all this sorted out and fixed long ago..

17) If you decide not to trust Toad Town because of your own mistakes, that once again shows lack of inteligence. When I stated in my previous post that you aren't familiar with Atlantic. I meant you aren't familiar with what all Toad Town has done and stands for. Toad Town was established in the fall of 2009, and has held:

2 Rares Festivals (3rd one in a few weeks)
MANY events (to many to count or list)
Merchants Faire

And has GIVEN AWAY over 10bil of our own gold to the public. So through all of this, and out of all the items I've auctioned off, why would I steal your items or gold?

Research is key, my friend, and it can go a long way, especially when you want to claim accusations towards something you know NOTHING about. So in conclusion, I apologize for your negative experience, but I don't want to see you near my auction house unless you decide to grow up and act your age. I don't have the time nor tolerance to deal with children such as yourself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.