• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What will you be playing in WoD?

Which Class Will You Play in WoD?

• Paladin

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Shaman

• Druid

• Death Knight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monk

• Hunter

• Mage

• Warlock

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Priest

• Warrior

• Rogue

• Total voters

Syiler

Visitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
So with the next World of Warcraft Expansion approaching (As slow as it may be), it is always the perfect chance for people to try something new whether it be just changing spec or changing class altogether, so what class will you be playing in WoD? Your current main or will you be switching it up and playing something new? Let us know!

Metro

WoW Staff Writer | WoW Moderator
Stratics Veteran
I'll be sticking with Paladin as always. Tanky healers are the way forward!
#bubble

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My question...what would you recommend for me?

I had started a hunter but I'm just not feeling it. My typical builds lean towards mage/healing but I play more defensively with dungeon runs. I hang back, protect the weak and heal. Think Well of the Slain....

Metro

Stratics Veteran
That description sounds like Paladin or Shaman.
Things to base the decision off past that is what you'd also like to do besides healing and support.
Paladins are strictly melee outside of Holy (healing) spec, but can be tanks as well.
Shaman are less tanky and defensive than Paladins, but have both a ranged and melee dps spec.
Regardless, I would say to you as I would say to anyone.
No one can be told what they should play or how to do it. I got where I am playing Paladin not because it was my first choice or my best choice. I learned to love it after trying many different things and many different classes.
Try some things, and if its meant to be, you will know it. But at low level, and with no experience in the game itself, it will be difficult to make the choice.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I agree with Metro said, no can tell you what is best for you to play. Based on what you have said, you may enjoy Shaman. You can dual spec and go restoration spec for healing and then elemental for casting damage. Elemental will allow you to stay farther away from your target. Shamans wear chain mail so they are not as squishy as some of their cloth wearing casting counterparts. I played a Shaman healer for raiding during the Cata days and totally enjoyed it. :)

Atrexii

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I think I'll be sticking to my Sub Rogue just because it's what I know, but I'll probably use the 90 boost on a healing class although I'm not sure which to choose yet :3

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess the expansion must be out but nobody has posted in a while. I won't play this expansion probably but back in WoTLK a good player depending on class had 33k to 50k HP or so. Then Pandaria came and a good toon in the neighborhood of 220k to 250k HP. Before the MoP expansion I said oh toons will have around 500K HP or more when totally geared and nobody believed me, but that came to be true. Guarantee there will be like 1.5 millionK HP on druid tanks and such now.

Silly game.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It won't be released until November and if you read up on the expansion, you will see that there are a lot of changes taking place. Items stats are dropping, there are healing and damage changes. Raids and dungeons won't be massive DPS dumps as they will need to watch their agro again, tanks will be more relevant again, and healers won't be dropping huge area heals and HOTS, their heals will need to be calculated again because mana will be an issue.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of that may be true, but I still wouldn't be surprised if people get super twinked out. I mean level 85 tanks back at the time soloing level 85 content for dungeons...shouldn't be happening, just saying. I know there are some skilled individuals out there but...yeah. Tanking to me that is relevant like in FFXI. A good tank will hold enmity on the monster and protect the healer. In terms of game mechanics, very few games emulate this.

In terms of your information, maybe I'll play again if tanks are relevant. What I enjoyed about FFXI tanking was that if you knew what you were doing, a DPS could wail away on the monster and they were never threatened. There was enough hate disposal tools at hand to keep aggro.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be sticking with Paladin as always. Tanky healers are the way forward!
#bubble
I think if they fix tanking and I don't suffer WoW burnout again, I would play either guardian druid tank or prot. warrior. No offense to you, but I just had too easy of a time playing protection pally.

Always did have fun playing belf holy pally...good times.

Metro

Stratics Veteran
I think if they fix tanking and I don't suffer WoW burnout again, I would play either guardian druid tank or prot. warrior. No offense to you, but I just had too easy of a time playing protection pally.

Always did have fun playing belf holy pally...good times.
My main spec is holy, but what type of content are we talking about you having too easy of a time with? Tanking in MoP is in my opinion the best its ever been. Just finished an article on the transformation actually. Most people consider Warriors > Monk > DKs > Druids > Paladins to be the best tanks, so I'm surprised to hear you say that.
A strong player can make any tank work exceptionally well though.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I guess it's not fair with how I originally worded it Metro, but when I was first learning the tanking classes I had an easiest time learning the prot. pally tanking class. Just saying!