• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

While Wandering...

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do my check of Moonglow several times in the afternoon. Never finding anything but still, I do it daily. I have been feeling down about the game lately as I am sure many that I talk to can tell. Tonight though, it changed.

A young player, training in the Moonglow cemetery with npc gear and looted armor. We talked a bit, just idle chit chat. And as our conversation went on, I began to smile. You, Wardian, reminded me what it was like to enjoy the game again. To feel appreciated for what one does. I never ask for thanks, I don't expect it. But when I gave you that simple imbued training suit and kryss... Your thanks was sincere.

To many, such an act might not seem so great. But when someone is having a rough time, the simple things can make all the difference.

I hope you stay Wardian. While you left many years ago and are just now returning, you have much to relearn (as I did upon my return in 2006). You listened to my advice and inspired me to do such a thing more often.

That is what UO will become for me. I will help the new players that come to Catskills, because we were all there before.

This may seem simple, but my next words are sincere and heartfelt.

Wardian, Thank you for reminding me what its like to enjoy Ultima Online once again.

~Va'lis Razele, Governor of Moonglow
(Or Razzle Dazzle as my family affectionately calls my character)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I can often be found on random shards working very hard on orcs (or whatever) on random new characters, in looted armor.
No, I am not new, but I do get a sense of joy when someone throws me a heal when they see me struggle, or cheers me on when i kill that mage.
This is where the real game is my friend. I suggest everyone try it. You can find random people anywhere. Not all will be awesome, but I have to say 8 out of 10 have been.
It wasn't me you met today, but watching the game through his eyes I hope you found your "mojo" again.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started fresh on ATL on MY return three months ago.. sitting at luna asking for a basic LRC suit. somone hooked me up..another gave me a mill.

Was awesome..

I have since built my account up a bit and was able to return the favor to so far three young players.

One of which brought me back...

He runs up to me in my favorite town of moonglow.. asking me if im an online player heh....

I say yeah... he responds thank god!! how do i get suit pieces... and how do i mount this pack horse.

I was in a hurry... was just grabbing some bods for the day but it stopped me in my tracks...

I hooked him up with some advice... a suit.. and some cash and a gate to new haven.

But brought me back. And was awesome.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I agree that people here do look to help others when they can. I was at the Luna Bank as Dag,and someone asked me if I needed gold,an lrc suit,and a rune book to the legacy dungeons. Even without asking,I was offered help with getting started. This is why I came back and restarted on Catskills.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I have also returned to Europa after 10 years away and the support of the community has been wonderful be it either with information on the forum or even help in the game itself.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having made my early living as a GM bank scrounger, I was excited when I finally moved up the ladder of success to become a full fledged Brit Smith repairman. Through my time there I had many folks that tipped me well for my word, some going above and beyond with their generosity. I was able to buy my first home in the dessert of compassion, in the old lands, and build a tidy sum in the bank. Through the years I have played I have always tried to repay the kindness shown me through helping those who were, as I once was new to the lands.

I once told a friend that I have given away more gold, armor and houses in the game than I can count. And I was always pleased to note that the good feelings never left me no matter how many times I helped a stranger. Helping one another is what has built and keeps the community of Catskills and all of UO strong even in the face of newer games with all the bells and whistles.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing annoyed me more than not being able to mount my packhorse.
Sucky part was I ran to the stable for him grabbed him a horse.. could not TX it to him cuz he was young. heh forgot that rule :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Sucky part was I ran to the stable for him grabbed him a horse.. could not TX it to him cuz he was young. heh forgot that rule :)
Ya I really don't understand that rule.