• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Podcast #4 - Recent WoD News Recap / Opinions!

Metro

WoW Staff Writer | WoW Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Hello ladies and gentlemen and welcome back to the official WoW Stratics Podcast!
The project is a joint effort by everyone here at the WoW Stratics writing team, and challenges topics regularly with special guests, interviews, news, community integration and much, much more!
Our Hosts include:
Metro; a 25 player heroic raider and raid leader of the guild <ONE> at Firetree Horde US,
Meoni, a fellow 25 man raider and resident timekeeper here on the show!

Our other normal members could not be around this week, but look forward to their return shortly!

This episode features a recap of all the big news that has broke within the last month, while Metro and Meoni give their opinions on such. Some of the topics include:

Expansion Price
Level 90 Boosts implemented
Other Blizzard Titles and their competition with WoD Beta
Potential Release date / Controversy?
No Flying in WoD
Newest Character Animations and Trailers
Racial Changes
MASSIVE Healing Changes!

The Podcast is available on the site as a stream and on our official Itunes channel, available free to download for your listening pleasure, no matter where you are!
So what are you waiting for? Go listen in today!

If you have any comments or opinions on the shows content please do head over to our forums for an in-depth discussion!

Pickoll

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I feel like you're pretty passionate about the whole flying thing Metro. Even in the video you posted on acegamestv it seems like your adamantly against keeping flying almost. I feel like it's a part of the game now, and the portal system that Meoni mentioned might work, but i think a good comparison to flying being non-existent on Draenor would be like not being able to drive anymore. It's something that we've gotten so used to having it be almost like crippling us. And i do agree with your point that 90% of the game is spent in places that you can't fly, but does that mean that it shouldn't be there it all? 90% of our lives aren't spent in the car. And as far as experiencing the environment goes, I'm all for it, but with the amount of content and things to do in in the world, no flying would just make it a tiresome grind that begins to make you despise the game, and it was pretty close to that already. I thought MoP did it perfectly, and if the amount of content released in MoP is any indication of how much we'll be seeing in WoD, I think flying it right where it belongs. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Metro

WoW Staff Writer | WoW Moderator
Stratics Veteran
I feel like you're pretty passionate about the whole flying thing Metro. Even in the video you posted on acegamestv it seems like your adamantly against keeping flying almost. I feel like it's a part of the game now, and the portal system that Meoni mentioned might work, but i think a good comparison to flying being non-existent on Draenor would be like not being able to drive anymore. It's something that we've gotten so used to having it be almost like crippling us. And i do agree with your point that 90% of the game is spent in places that you can't fly, but does that mean that it shouldn't be there it all? 90% of our lives aren't spent in the car. And as far as experiencing the environment goes, I'm all for it, but with the amount of content and things to do in in the world, no flying would just make it a tiresome grind that begins to make you despise the game, and it was pretty close to that already. I thought MoP did it perfectly, and if the amount of content released in MoP is any indication of how much we'll be seeing in WoD, I think flying it right where it belongs. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Finally, some one actually has some good answer to why flying should stay.
Personally, I really don't mind either way. I like flying around, but have played a lot of time on the ground. I stick by my statement that the entire game is played on the ground anyway, and recognize your analogy, but can't come to appreciate it since there will still be "flying taxis" available in the game. Its just a convenience, and if we can live without it AND there is some benefit to it being gone, then I'm fine with it.
We shall see though. Their statement is that they want to see if people like it gone, and the point of the video on AGTV especially was to prove that most people don't actually have real reasons why it should stay.
It might suck if its gone, not saying it wouldn't, but we couldn't know until we try it and see what the world is like.
Thanks for stopping by man, nice to hear some feedback!