• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Complete Imbuing Success Chance Formula

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This has been a long time coming. I worked out a method for determining imbuing success % for all items, races, skill levels, and imbuing weights. I have tested it and found errors to be no more than ±0.1% from the in-game values—an unfortunate result of rounding, I’m sure. Please let me know if you find anything greater than that.

While working on this project, I discovered a few interesting facts that I’d like to share:

1.) Queen’s Forge gives constant 6% bonus to success, and the Royal City Forge gives ~2% bonus (it actually fluctuates wildly between 1.9% and 2.1%; for total true weight (Tw) imbues >295, it is a constant 2% bonus)

2.) Property weight multipliers have no effect on success. So imbuing a Super Slayer property is just as difficult as imbuing 100 Luck. This is important because while the imbuing gump may say an item has a total property weight of 140, the system will calculate the success rate based on a total weight of 100 (if a property had a 1.4x multiplier)

3.) Success chance is linearly related to your imbuing skill. So, for every point you gain in imbuing, your chance to succeed on the same imbue weight will increase at a constant rate. See “Imbuing Skill Influence on Success Rates” below.
upload_2014-3-8_4-8-37.png

4.) Items fall into three categories: exceptional armor/shields/weapons, exceptional jewelry, and everything else. The category to which an item belongs will determine the slope of the lines in the “Imbuing Skill Influence on Success Rates” chart above.

5.) Success chance decreases exponentially based on imbuing weight. So, the higher the total true weight of an item, the less weight will impact your success.

6.) At 120 imbuing, gargoyle race bonus ranges from 28.5% to ~0.8%, but the bonus only really has an effect on imbues above 195 total true weight, since humans/elves have >100% success up to that point. This bonus decreases exponentially.
upload_2014-3-8_11-22-6.png

Now for the formula! The complete formula is:

upload_2014-3-8_4-34-55.png

Where Tw is the total true weight, Bonus is the Queen’s/Royal SF bonus, and INT is the integer function, and the coefficients a, b, c, and ω are given below. To help explain the function, I broke it down into its four major components and provide instructions for calculating each below.

Step-by-Step:

First, determine the total true weight (Tw) using the following formula:
upload_2014-3-8_4-20-24.png
Example 1: a Leather Cap with 8 Mana Increase and 8 Stamina increase has a displayed weight of 220 (since MI and SI have a 1.1x multiplier), but the the true weight, Tw equals 200, which is 100*(110/110+110/110)

Example 2: a ring with +14 Magery and 25 Luck has a displayed weight of 155, but the true weight, Tw equals 118, which is 100*(130/140+25/100).

Second, determine the success chance based on 120.0 imbuing of an exceptionally crafted item:
upload_2014-3-8_4-58-28.png
Where Tw is the true weight as described above; the following table provides the values for the other coefficients:
upload_2014-3-8_4-51-46.png

Third, scale the success rate according to your Imbuing skill (x) using the following formula:
upload_2014-3-8_4-28-52.png

Fourth, multiply the success rate in step three according to the type of item you’re imbuing:
upload_2014-3-8_4-30-56.png
Finally, add the bonuses afforded to players for using special soulforges. The Royal City Soul forge grants a ~2% (fluctuates between 1.9% and 2.1%) bonus to success, and the Queen’s Soulforge grants a constant 6% bonus to success rates.

//

-Nomad

Attachments

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
So what is the lowest possible chance for human and gargoyle (120 imbue, queen's forge)?

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So what is the lowest possible chance for human and gargoyle (120 imbue, queen's forge)?
I estimate that Gargoyles at Queen's Force (QF) with 120 imbuing bottom out at ~15.8% when imbuing an item w/ a Tw of 500. Human/elf bottoms out at 15.0% under the same conditions.

Example item: A Ring/Brac with 12 SDI, 100 Luck, 25 EP, 25 DI, and 20 LRC. In order, a gragoyle should imbue SDI (>100% success), Luck (>100%), EP (66.9%), DI (37.1%), and LRC (15.8%) to minimize the cost of the item.

I actually don't have a Garg w/ 10k loyalty points. So I can't use QF to verify the accuracy, but I'm confident it's very close. Is anyone willing to hop on TC1 to check my numbers?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can imbue 600 intensity on a 2h weapon. My gargoyle has less than 10% chance at the queen forge.

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You can imbue 600 intensity on a 2h weapon. My gargoyle has less than 10% chance at the queen forge.
Hmm... I hadn't considered 2h weapons w/ >500 intensity. I'll take a look tonight to make sure #s are tight. 15.8/15.0 should be right for other items, though.
-Nomad

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Example:
reforge 100 HLL 154 (120)
imbue SuperSlayer 130 (100)
imbue 75 HML 110 (100)
imbue 50 HSL 100 (100)
imbue 50 DI 100 (100)

Total weight is 594. Total true weight is 520.

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Example:
reforge 100 HLL 154 (120)
imbue SuperSlayer 130 (100)
imbue 75 HML 110 (100)
imbue 50 HSL 100 (100)
imbue 50 DI 100 (100)

Total weight is 594. Total true weight is 520.
Ok, I Figured it out... that item should be around 8.9% on the final imbue w/ 120.0 imbuing on Garg @ Queen's Forge. Human/elf should be around 8.6% under the same conditions.

My error earlier was just in the way I coded my calculator in excel. I hadn't tested it w/ the "reforged" setting. So, when I put in reforging mods it freaked out and treated it like a non-exceptional item.

Bottom Line
: The formulas do not change for overcapped items; just follow the same formulas.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
So there is no much sense to be a gargoyle. It seems I need to change my crafter to a human.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
With my human imbuers, I always get a minimum chance if 9% to imbue when imbuing over 500 weight, even when really close to 600 weight.

I have never seen it go lower than 9% on a normal soulforge. I don't use the public soulforge nor the Queen's soulforge, for I prefer to do it in the comfort of my house with everything I need in hand.

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't use the EC. That's part of the default imbuing menu when you use the skill in the classic client

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ummm..why not just open the imbue gump?

View attachment 20169
The point is that knowing success rates is key to estimating imbuing cost. I've almost completely integrated this into Zolaf's imbuing calculator. (I'm sending Zolaf's a finished copy when complete to be published with the next revision.) It's great to be able to plan a suit from the ground up, and know exactly what I'll need--I love it!

Jeffry

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

I am having difficulty utilizing this formula. I am wondering if someone who can successfully use this could provide couple examples for each step similar to those for the first step. I am hoping to use these examples as benchmarks to determine where my "wheels fall off".

Alternatively if someone has a this in working spreadsheet, then obviously i would not object to them sharing :)

Thanks,
-Jeff

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point is that knowing success rates is key to estimating imbuing cost. I've almost completely integrated this into Zolaf's imbuing calculator. (I'm sending Zolaf's a finished copy when complete to be published with the next revision.) It's great to be able to plan a suit from the ground up, and know exactly what I'll need--I love it!
I will hold you to this so I can see what you did.