• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Decorating How-To Videos

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've slowly started creating videos for how-to do things in game when you want to decorate your house. Many people have said seeing videos would help more than just the written guides, though the written guides are useful as well.

I'll be using this thread to post the videos in.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, Kayhynn - Just watched both the videos and am so impressed and thankful that you did these... All the tips you added are especially helpful (like clicking the seam between the castle floor tiles)... I really hope that you'll do more of these!

I just went to your website and looked at some of the MANY deco how-to's you have - to find some I'd love to see you do (that is if you're open to requests... I know it takes time and effort, but you seem to enjoy making them (at least that's the impression I got)) and they are really helpful... I've been here for almost 15 years and still have trouble with getting things to go where I want them to go. But your hints, the way you weave them into the tutorial is just excellent - and they are sooo appreciated. ;)

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just found a couple of simple deco projects on your site that are just incredible in their simplicity and effectiveness....
These two in particular...

I've seen a few bathrooms in my years here, but your's is absolutely the best I've seen...​

And this "Elegant Lampost", IMO really is...​
Thank you for going to all the trouble you have gone to - to share your skills....

Last edited:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks Startle. I am taking requests. These two I did because I had requests to do them and wanted to do them as a video before I did it as a written one and the video is fun to do.

The video also shows that it doesn't matter how skilled of a decorator you are, you can misplace things, mistarget and get frustrated with what you are doing.

The first video, I had no idea if the flowers would place right with the grass tiles beneath them - it was a test and it worked - I was pleased with that one.

As for the bathroom - I think that was done by the original Castles N Courtyards, but I can definitely do a guide for that and the elegant lampost.

Feel free to link to guides I have posted and ask for them to be recreated :)

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fantastic... I absolutely will do that.... I think one of the most appealing aspects of this massively multi-faceted game is the deco possibilities and all the ingenuity that people show in their homes...

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Any other videos you guys want? I may try to do the stair tutorial on my custom house on Siege.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great vids so far. Anything you feel like sharing it's fine by me.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks! I just thought it was simple stuff - not amazing, but thank you.

More videos will come as soon as EA has my master account figured out...one month with no accounts due to an expired CC and a billing error on their part is driivng me batty.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Now that my accounts are back in order, once I return from out of town, I'll start making videos again.

Sorry for the delay - but when EA improperly bills you, claims charges failed but they're on your card for a week and then clear the card and they refuse to give you time, then ban you after they tell you to reverse charges - makes it hard to play UO with a banned master account. But they fixed it and all is well.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
No how to videos in this update, but....

Site update!

All the guides on this page have finally been created and links put into the page. So for everyone that asked, it's done!

http://uohomedecor.com/water-works/

If you want to see videos of any of these tutorials, just let me know.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi again, Kayhynn ! You said we could request video how-to's so I'm requesting one for building roofs... Roofs are kicking my arse. o_O

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very good, Irulia. That helps me understand how those levels work, which was confusing. Thanks much!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That video is a good explanation of it. I do very few roofs myself (I do some here and there but I like using my roof floor for stuff).

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That video is a good explanation of it. I do very few roofs myself (I do some here and there but I like using my roof floor for stuff).
It's amazing what you can find on you tube. And no that video was not made by me, so in no way am I trying to take credit for it.